R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-08-2009, 04:05 AM   #451
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to hbrb

Thanks Guys,

I will give all of the setups a try and keep you informed of the changes i have made and of any improvements!

By the way skeller which forum do you mention??

Thanks Again for the quick replys its good to know there are guys like you wanting to help!
hbrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #452
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

http://casterracingusa.com/forum/ind...?section=about
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #453
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Buggy

How well does this buggy hold up, how is the quality?
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #454
Tech Addict

I'm curious about this one also. I don't see many here in my area. I was on the Caster site and there is a ZX-1.5R model out now. Is this the same buggy that everyone is talking about on this thread?

Those who have driven it... How does it compare to a xb808, a losi 2.0, and rc8. Durability? Handling? And last but not least lap times vs brands x,y,z.
razo125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #455
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
How well does this buggy hold up, how is the quality?
This is a awesome buggy! I have been running Caster for almost 2 years now. In total with my old ZX-1R and the new ZX1.5R I have only broken on front lower arm and one rear lower arm and one knuckle. I also race 1 to 2 times a week mostly so I do have a ton of time on my cars. With the upgrades the 1.5R has over the 1R it is a extremely durable car and fast! All the aluminum on the KIT versions are 7075 T6 aluminum with 5mm towers and 16mm big bores along with ALL captured hinge pins and captured steering rod ends and rear hub captured pins. Not many upgrades left to put on it, not that it needs it. I run it stock out of the box.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #456
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo125 View Post
I'm curious about this one also. I don't see many here in my area. I was on the Caster site and there is a ZX-1.5R model out now. Is this the same buggy that everyone is talking about on this thread?

Those who have driven it... How does it compare to a xb808, a losi 2.0, and rc8. Durability? Handling? And last but not least lap times vs brands x,y,z.
Yes the 1.5R is what everyone is talking about on this thread. I do not bash anyone else's brand of car as they all have plus and minus's but the Caster can keep up just as fast and as durable as any of the above you mentioned. We had one of our own drivers actually leave and go drive for X-ray with the 808 and came back to Caster as he was faster and liked the Caster better. Just suited his driving style better I guess Lap times really depend on driver I would say but I have kept up and beaten alot of the above. Lost to them too so it goes both ways. Handling is what surprises people them most when they drive the Caster 1.5R. It handles nothing like you would think being a pillow ball and how people think a pillow ball car handles because of Mugen. This car TURNS and turns SHARP. Has very little push if none at all depending on setup. I run my EPA's at 60% for steering instead of 125 like alot of others do. The car is super easy to drive and extremely smooth.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #457
Tech Master

Caster Racing Makes the Top 10 at the Odonnell Summer Champs at Revelation Raceway with new Team Driver Shaun Kirkman against some good competition! Congrats Shaun!

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=6443

Also a note, the new LIGHTENED and HARDENED, diff outdrives are now available for order for the 1.5R
Old 06-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #458
Tech Elite

Yes, this is the car everyone is talking about. Now that Shaun and Notch are driving Casters, the brand name will be introduced into the mainstream where pro drivers are and it will hopefully get attention and respect.

Is it the best car out there, not yet, but we are constantly striving to improve our products and we do improve our products constantly. At least the car is comparable to the other major players now. It will be interesting to see how it holds up in the hands of these guys in regards to durability and handling.

The products are now working out really well for our other team guys and customers, now it is time to see when a A main capable driver like Shaun wheels it, what happens. Will it podium? Will it win? Will it break?

I keep saying that 2010 will be a fun year for us.....
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #459
Tech Elite

We are having a summer sale at Caster Racing USA. The 1.5r is available for $400.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #460
Tech Rookie

Default My ZX1.5R

Hi guys, just thought I'd post a couple of pics of my new ride had a few teething troubles at the weekend with the STS engine, the car car is great
Attached Thumbnails
New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!-p1070542.jpg   New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!-p1070518.jpg   New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!-p1070570.jpg   New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!-p1070593.jpg  
pipcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #461
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

ooh, pink headed sts, rb mods right? what radio box is that? looks like you got rid off the simple body clip lid for the 3 part lid. nice pics.
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #462
Tech Master

Nice ride. First pic looks great!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #463
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hustler777 Send a message via Yahoo to hustler777

well, sounds like i just found my replacement for my jammin!!!!!

...an STS MKII....don't be surprised if the carb leaks like a siff after @2 gallons....and if you only get 3 gallons out of it...you can blame me...i got the only 2 i've ever heard of going more than 4 gallons without the crank crapping out or the rod shattering into oblivion!!!....and i still keep these motors as back ups!!!! just swapped the carbs with older rb carbs......and fyi i've got 9 gallons on one motor and 11 on the other with nothing more than a pinch on both to keep'm running!!!!!! good luck with it!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #464
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_blaze14 View Post
ooh, pink headed sts, rb mods right? what radio box is that? looks like you got rid off the simple body clip lid for the 3 part lid. nice pics.
Hi the radio box is a Mugen MBX5 direct fit, seems alot of guys over here convert it Not sure about this engine, heard alot of bad things about conrods going snap, mine has already got wear in and keeps loosing tune also doing about 5 mins a tank, I think it's dead
pipcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #465
Tech Master

Congrats to Steve Szykulski for TQ and winning the A-main in Buggy for the second race in a row at Wow RC Raceway Dirt Wars points series. Finished over a lap on the entire field with the ZX1.5R.