R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That second pic is really nice. Get to see alot more of how stuff is laid out. Cannot wait to get mine.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

can't wait to get one and start building...put my caster engine on it..and prolly try 5-5-2 in the diffs
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #33
SLK
Tech Initiate

i am still debating on whether i want to get a zx1r now or get a zx1.5R when they are ready. Either way I most likely wont be racing till Mid Feb or March.

What do you guys think?
HITEC
NITROTANE

//www.casterracingusa.com//
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

looks to be pretty good, but why aren't these on it??
Attached Thumbnails
New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!-castshs.jpg  
cleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #35
SLK
Tech Initiate

they will have big bores on it.
HITEC
NITROTANE

Old 11-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

it's comes with the spacer version of the big bores those are just optional for those wanting a threaded shock body
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The car is beyond CLEAN looking in the 2nd picture.

I like it
Old 11-28-2008, 11:31 PM   #38
Tech Adept

hmmmm expensive paper weight.

and now i play the waiting game
cm27456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:03 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

the chassis looks narrowed to me, and look at all that space between the center cvd and the steering servo... hmmm....

and why do i see that associated rtr pipe so much?
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:40 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default WHAT is the agenda of Caster USA?????

I'm very interested to know WHAT hobby shops carry Caster......

From what I'm seeing here in the Midwest, they apoint a 'team manager' who recruits 'team drivers' on some PERCENTAGE off basis......

This has happened in my area - they're signing up 'team drivers' who are trying to sell off their present vehicles to be able to be 'sponsored' by Caster......

This was the initial posting on Heartland R/C:

We are looking for Team drivers in our area to support the Electric 8th scale buggy/truggy and the Nitro 8th scale buggy/truggy We also have tools, and our own line of nitro engines coming out in 2009. If you are interested please PM me.

To the best of my knowledge, NONE of the local shops have been even approached to sell kits or provide parts support for these vehicles - NOR have I ever seen any Caster parts 'on the wall' at any retail establishment...... AND, it's NOT like I haven't looked; I travel almost weekly and usually hobby shops are a place that I stop during my down time.

AND, the 'team manager' elects to start his 'team' in an area where there has been a recent closure of a Hobbytown USA store and in which there is only one viable r/c car oriented hobby shop remaining.....

One of the reasons that I am suspicions of this 'deal' is the comments of some of the newly 'sponsored' racers:

"Got my contract sent! Anybody want to buy a Hyper 7, GT2, or 18t's?

"Thank you David & Caster Racing

Ive got a 777 wc with electic convertion and CRT for sale if anyone is interested.
JAMMIN CRT.05 (ELEC CONVERTED)Sold
777 WC (ELEC CONVERTED)For Sale"

AND, it's nice for eveyone to have goals - he's one of the latest from the 'team manager'.......

"I want to thank everyone for the responses. IF you didn't hear back from me please send me another pm.

My goal is to have caster as the majority car in the heartland.

Soooo, I guess this would be a good opportunity to ask:

# 1 What shops in the Midwest (or anyplace else right now for that matter) are carrying Caster products 'on the wall'???????

# 2 Is Caster USA taking the approach that they will only 'direct market' their products to 'team drivers' at a 'team driver' discount point from their storefront at http://www.casterracingusa.com ?????

Doing a 'quick check' I don't find that this brand is carried by either of the major distributors - Horizon or Great Planes NOR do I find them in stock at either of the major online stores - A Main, Carolinas r/c or Modhobby - although from previous postings it would appear that they are being considered at Mod and Carolinas

So, I guess to sum this up - is Caster the first r/c manufacturer to 'take the lead' and direct market their products to the consumer/'racer' as their total distribution channel??????? OR are they just 'setting up' the online shops to carry parts and cars to compete with their direct, 'team driver' concept??

And YES, I know that it's possible to buy Associated and some other manufacturer's parts 'direct' but they are also marketed through more 'traditional' outlets - like my local hobby shop.
Chris K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:03 AM   #41
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

Caster is building up and if you want a LHS to carry the parts , talk to you LHS and/or go on the Caster forum and there is a section to put your LHS info for Caster to call . They do not know of all the hobby shops across the U.S. and there are many other independent companies out there that are not a part of Horizon or Great Planes .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There are more shops starting to carry them and Modhobby "IS" going to carry the full line of Caster. Hobbytown USA in my area just picked them up too along with some other online stores too. Word is getting out and since more and more people will be driving them then hobby shops will soon see they are a brand people want to buy and drive especially for the price.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:07 AM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post

So, I guess to sum this up - is Caster the first r/c manufacturer to 'take the lead' and direct market their products to the consumer/'racer' as their total distribution channel??????? OR are they just 'setting up' the online shops to carry parts and cars to compete with their direct, 'team driver' concept??

And YES, I know that it's possible to buy Associated and some other manufacturer's parts 'direct' but they are also marketed through more 'traditional' outlets - like my local hobby shop.
Chris
IMO. Caster's angle of attack is to "get the word out". It's all about advertising, and deligating racers to advertise for your company is 1 way. It soley cant rest on 1 man sholders to do it all. I know that one of the LHS in my area is ordering less a month than normal. With the country in money troubles, the hobby shop doesn't want stuff to just sit there.
I know I'll be ordering my Pro kit REAL soon. Will I sell off the losi 8? Nope, I"ll use it as a back up. If I'm at a big 3 day race and my Caster ride is beyond repair or I dont have the parts to fix it, only then it'll see action. I'd like to finish what I started. Some people need to sell there old stuff in order to by new, we've all been there before.
Just my 2 cents, still lookin for change.

COBRA CAT KILLER!!!!
Dude C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #44
SLK
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude C. View Post
Chris
Some people need to sell there old stuff in order to by new, we've all been there before.
Or have Wives who dont like multiples of the same style R/C car....

one day she will learn. They are like pokemon and STD's gotta catch them all... j/k
HITEC
NITROTANE

Old 11-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #45
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
I'm very interested to know WHAT hobby shops carry Caster......

From what I'm seeing here in the Midwest, they appoint a 'team manager' who recruits 'team drivers' on some PERCENTAGE off basis......

This has happened in my area - they're signing up 'team drivers' who are trying to sell off their present vehicles to be able to be 'sponsored' by Caster......

This was the initial posting on Heartland R/C:

We are looking for Team drivers in our area to support the Electric 8th scale buggy/truggy and the Nitro 8th scale buggy/truggy We also have tools, and our own line of nitro engines coming out in 2009. If you are interested please PM me.

To the best of my knowledge, NONE of the local shops have been even approached to sell kits or provide parts support for these vehicles - NOR have I ever seen any Caster parts 'on the wall' at any retail establishment...... AND, it's NOT like I haven't looked; I travel almost weekly and usually hobby shops are a place that I stop during my down time.

AND, the 'team manager' elects to start his 'team' in an area where there has been a recent closure of a Hobbytown USA store and in which there is only one viable r/c car oriented hobby shop remaining.....

One of the reasons that I am suspicions of this 'deal' is the comments of some of the newly 'sponsored' racers:

"Got my contract sent! Anybody want to buy a Hyper 7, GT2, or 18t's?

"Thank you David & Caster Racing

Ive got a 777 wc with electric conversion and CRT for sale if anyone is interested.
JAMMIN CRT.05 (ELEC CONVERTED)Sold
777 WC (ELEC CONVERTED)For Sale"

AND, it's nice for everyone to have goals - he's one of the latest from the 'team manager'.......

"I want to thank everyone for the responses. IF you didn't hear back from me please send me another pm.

My goal is to have caster as the majority car in the heartland.

Soooo, I guess this would be a good opportunity to ask:

# 1 What shops in the Midwest (or anyplace else right now for that matter) are carrying Caster products 'on the wall'???????

# 2 Is Caster USA taking the approach that they will only 'direct market' their products to 'team drivers' at a 'team driver' discount point from their storefront at http://www.casterracingusa.com ?????

Doing a 'quick check' I don't find that this brand is carried by either of the major distributors - Horizon or Great Planes NOR do I find them in stock at either of the major online stores - A Main, Carolina's r/c or Modhobby - although from previous postings it would appear that they are being considered at Mod and Carolina's

I guess hobby shops in the mid west are different as far as putting parts on the walls..Out here in Ca. from what I've seen "most" shops carry a very limited selection of parts for "racing" buggies and truggies and generally if your not running the popular local brand your parts are for the most non existent..I run a Kyosho, Mugen and a Caster..guess what..I still have to order ALL my parts..no one carries them..So as with most racers I take with me all my spare parts, plus one HUGE ADVANTAGE with Caster and their approach is their getting their cars/trucks into the hands of the racers FIRST..and with the feedback they are getting from their team drivers they are making improvements very quickly and they seem really really dedicated to making a quality product at a reasonable price..and another advantage of buying directly from the manufacture is the price is a bit lower. As Caster gets more popular you will start seeing it in more and more hobby shops..but you do have to start somewhere.