Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced! >

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
Caster's top current US driver is probably Joshua Pease.He's the team manager.He raced the Dirt Nitro Challenge this year.You can look up his results.
It's basically how they generate customers.You buy a kit and they'll put you on the team.They jack up the price of there kits and tell thier drivers they're getting 50% off.Even put a post on this website advertising "Team drivers wanted" then took anybody with the money for a kit.I drove for them until I saw the kind of guys they were recruting for team drivers and the quality of there truggy kits.I wonder how many people drive a Caster that aren't on the team.I think the guy your talking about is a Caster dealer.So that probably explains the 100% deal.There are a couple of Caster guys in Florida that can drive pretty well.The rest are just guys that had money for a kit.
Well I can say that If that is the case then I got ripped off because I was a customer that paid $425 for the truggy rtr.

BTW, R U still interested in the PTM motor?
Old 04-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Nitroluver, I know you are looking for a K8T truggy. PM madmike on the Caster forums. I think he has a extra one he might sell or trade. If you cannot get in touch with him then ask Cheesecake, he lives by him I think.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Hey Nitroluver, I know you are looking for a K8T truggy. PM madmike on the Caster forums. I think he has a extra one he might sell or trade. If you cannot get in touch with him then ask Cheesecake, he lives by him I think.
Chris, how much weight did you save using the diggity carbon fiber?
Old 04-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bc24fl
Chris, how much weight did you save using the diggity carbon fiber?
I have not used it yet. I do not care for CF towers. I like the aluminum ones better, I feel more confident they will not break or shatter like CF can. A little weight does not bother me....

DID YOU GET MY PM?!?
Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Thara,

Yes, my name is Mike Mazza and I think that there are some misconceptions going on here.

We have a team of 50% off drivers mostly across the United States and they vary in skill level on the track. There are many reasons for this and I am not in the mood to write a book. Do some research in here and you should be able to figure it out as I have been very vocal in everything we have done and why.

1.) Clayton is a 50% off team driver from a financial standpoint. He has improved dramatically over the past year and a half and only has a few years of experience. He does help with setup and design for the whole team, but he is certainly not our fastest driver (yet?). He is a valuable member of my team, so you are starting to offend me. But since you are commenting about a recent race, I would imagine that you noticed Nathan Aker who was with him. Nathan was faster than Clayton and made it into the B main before having problems. He also was a national 2 time champion of something r/c. I know this because another Caster guy always made sure we knew it. That guy is Jason Anderson and he is a team manager of Panther. He is currently serving our country overseas.

2.) Fast drivers... My opinion is that today, Cam Martin is our fastest driver. He placed 4th last year at the RC Pro finals in Texas with a Caster truggy. Josh Pease is probably equal to him. Time will tell. As for fast drivers, we have several. We just had 2 guys running fusions tq, and run 1 and 2 at the farm in the Don Tilley race for a cure. We also had a driver Rick Jenkins make it 7th in the B at silver state running against Tebo, Maifield, etc... Then of course, we have Tim Mohr of 1/18 scale fame. He is pretty slow. There are others on our team that are fast such as Toby, Dave, Jason, Nathan, Dustin, Chris, Steve, Ryan, Kevin, Matt, Alex, and Shane and probably a few I forgot and apologize... but once again, not in the mood to write a book.

But since you are concerned, we have chosen to NOT hire a top gun and run them. I personally am not convinced that it is meaningful, but Cam thinks that Caster should have one. That might change for 2010 as I am talking to 3 different drivers that everyone would recognize their names.

As for offering sponsorships to anyone, simply not true. Pete26 left Caster as a mutual decision because of a personality conflict in Florida. I liked having him on the team. By the way, Pete, Toby said you had the fastest lap in truggy at the rc pro opener? Congratulations, man...that is awesome! I hope you can keep it up. As for pricing, anyone who was sponsored by a competitor or has a deal with other sponsors will probably disagree about our pricing to team members as it is the most aggressive out there except for full ride.

At first, we were pretty liberal on sponsorships because we didn't have much of a capacity to check references etc... and we have had and have still all sorts of people running as team members. We have our team members for r&d. If I had all Tebos on the track, I would never know what all the cars needed for the general public. Because of the team driver input, we now have new gearing, a different plastic compound, better bodies, and various other improvements that now are beginning to prove we are equal to the big dogs. I value every one of my guys opinions whether they are fast on the track or not.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Thara,

Mike Battaille was a team driver for us and he is the reason that Clayton is on the team.

Just so you know.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Uhhh....cause it's not about being fast.....it's about being a good person.

Right?

Prolly the only reason I qualify. LOL
Old 04-29-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

They are working to make thier cars better.They have made several improvements recently to the truck.The vehicles handle quite well.However the retail pricing is unrealistic in my opinion compared to the D8 or even the Mugen.The team driver thing is what it is.A way to generate customers......Just an opinion in an open forum.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Many view a team driver as someone many racers look up to. A driver the represents a product well. I know Clayton and he really is a great guy and a great rep. just because he did not place well he shows great sportsmanship and helps others on the team and off the team.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hi Pete26

Originally Posted by pete 26
They are working to make thier cars better.They have made several improvements recently to the truck.The vehicles handle quite well.However the retail pricing is unrealistic in my opinion compared to the D8 or even the Mugen.The team driver thing is what it is.A way to generate customers......Just an opinion in an open forum.
retail price for mbx6 is $949.95
retail price for d8 is $700.00
retail price for $550.00

Now this is not msrp, but this is how manufacturers base thier team prices off of. So, if you are a team driver for Mugen at 50% you would pay 475 for it where everyone else pays 520 from A Main. Just an FYI for everyone.

cam
Old 04-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow a guy with three posts coming on here and bashing caster, never seen that before.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by moparsrule
Wow a guy with three posts coming on here and bashing caster, never seen that before.
+1 I smell a skunk looking to stir it up.

I met Cam at the RC pro Finals in Texas and he was a great dude. Best pit spot in the house too! Right next to shop and the track!

Last edited by slaytanic; 04-29-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: SP
Old 04-30-2009, 03:39 PM

Default Caster

Originally Posted by hakmazter
Thara,

Yes, my name is Mike Mazza and I think that there are some misconceptions going on here.

We have a team of 50% off drivers mostly across the United States and they vary in skill level on the track. There are many reasons for this and I am not in the mood to write a book. Do some research in here and you should be able to figure it out as I have been very vocal in everything we have done and why.

1.) Clayton is a 50% off team driver from a financial standpoint. He has improved dramatically over the past year and a half and only has a few years of experience. He does help with setup and design for the whole team, but he is certainly not our fastest driver (yet?). He is a valuable member of my team, so you are starting to offend me. But since you are commenting about a recent race, I would imagine that you noticed Nathan Aker who was with him. Nathan was faster than Clayton and made it into the B main before having problems. He also was a national 2 time champion of something r/c. I know this because another Caster guy always made sure we knew it. That guy is Jason Anderson and he is a team manager of Panther. He is currently serving our country overseas.

2.) Fast drivers... My opinion is that today, Cam Martin is our fastest driver. He placed 4th last year at the RC Pro finals in Texas with a Caster truggy. Josh Pease is probably equal to him. Time will tell. As for fast drivers, we have several. We just had 2 guys running fusions tq, and run 1 and 2 at the farm in the Don Tilley race for a cure. We also had a driver Rick Jenkins make it 7th in the B at silver state running against Tebo, Maifield, etc... Then of course, we have Tim Mohr of 1/18 scale fame. He is pretty slow. There are others on our team that are fast such as Toby, Dave, Jason, Nathan, Dustin, Chris, Steve, Ryan, Kevin, Matt, Alex, and Shane and probably a few I forgot and apologize... but once again, not in the mood to write a book.

But since you are concerned, we have chosen to NOT hire a top gun and run them. I personally am not convinced that it is meaningful, but Cam thinks that Caster should have one. That might change for 2010 as I am talking to 3 different drivers that everyone would recognize their names.

As for offering sponsorships to anyone, simply not true. Pete26 left Caster as a mutual decision because of a personality conflict in Florida. I liked having him on the team. By the way, Pete, Toby said you had the fastest lap in truggy at the rc pro opener? Congratulations, man...that is awesome! I hope you can keep it up. As for pricing, anyone who was sponsored by a competitor or has a deal with other sponsors will probably disagree about our pricing to team members as it is the most aggressive out there except for full ride.

At first, we were pretty liberal on sponsorships because we didn't have much of a capacity to check references etc... and we have had and have still all sorts of people running as team members. We have our team members for r&d. If I had all Tebos on the track, I would never know what all the cars needed for the general public. Because of the team driver input, we now have new gearing, a different plastic compound, better bodies, and various other improvements that now are beginning to prove we are equal to the big dogs. I value every one of my guys opinions whether they are fast on the track or not.
Mike Mazza=????? Who are you?
Camshaft= ???? Didn't you quit Caster owing them money?
These 2 a bad recipe for disaster!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THara
Mike Mazza=????? Who are you?
Camshaft= ???? Didn't you quit Caster owing them money?
These 2 a bad recipe for disaster!
Mike Mazza is the owner of caster racing usa! Cam did take some time off for his own personal reasons. Im the team manager so if you have any questions about caster or my team drivers i would appreciate it if you would please email me and not make a public bash session. [email protected] Thanks
Old 04-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

gettng close to buying my buggy...is everyone running carbon shock towers or are they running the stock aluminum ones?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.