R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #346
Tech Adept
 
bc24fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete 26 View Post
Caster's top current US driver is probably Joshua Pease.He's the team manager.He raced the Dirt Nitro Challenge this year.You can look up his results.
It's basically how they generate customers.You buy a kit and they'll put you on the team.They jack up the price of there kits and tell thier drivers they're getting 50% off.Even put a post on this website advertising "Team drivers wanted" then took anybody with the money for a kit.I drove for them until I saw the kind of guys they were recruting for team drivers and the quality of there truggy kits.I wonder how many people drive a Caster that aren't on the team.I think the guy your talking about is a Caster dealer.So that probably explains the 100% deal.There are a couple of Caster guys in Florida that can drive pretty well.The rest are just guys that had money for a kit.
Well I can say that If that is the case then I got ripped off because I was a customer that paid $425 for the truggy rtr.

BTW, R U still interested in the PTM motor?
bc24fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #347
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey Nitroluver, I know you are looking for a K8T truggy. PM madmike on the Caster forums. I think he has a extra one he might sell or trade. If you cannot get in touch with him then ask Cheesecake, he lives by him I think.
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #348
Tech Adept
 
bc24fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
Hey Nitroluver, I know you are looking for a K8T truggy. PM madmike on the Caster forums. I think he has a extra one he might sell or trade. If you cannot get in touch with him then ask Cheesecake, he lives by him I think.
Chris, how much weight did you save using the diggity carbon fiber?
bc24fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #349
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc24fl View Post
Chris, how much weight did you save using the diggity carbon fiber?
I have not used it yet. I do not care for CF towers. I like the aluminum ones better, I feel more confident they will not break or shatter like CF can. A little weight does not bother me....

DID YOU GET MY PM?!?
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #350
Tech Elite
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,469
Default

Thara,

Yes, my name is Mike Mazza and I think that there are some misconceptions going on here.

We have a team of 50% off drivers mostly across the United States and they vary in skill level on the track. There are many reasons for this and I am not in the mood to write a book. Do some research in here and you should be able to figure it out as I have been very vocal in everything we have done and why.

1.) Clayton is a 50% off team driver from a financial standpoint. He has improved dramatically over the past year and a half and only has a few years of experience. He does help with setup and design for the whole team, but he is certainly not our fastest driver (yet?). He is a valuable member of my team, so you are starting to offend me. But since you are commenting about a recent race, I would imagine that you noticed Nathan Aker who was with him. Nathan was faster than Clayton and made it into the B main before having problems. He also was a national 2 time champion of something r/c. I know this because another Caster guy always made sure we knew it. That guy is Jason Anderson and he is a team manager of Panther. He is currently serving our country overseas.

2.) Fast drivers... My opinion is that today, Cam Martin is our fastest driver. He placed 4th last year at the RC Pro finals in Texas with a Caster truggy. Josh Pease is probably equal to him. Time will tell. As for fast drivers, we have several. We just had 2 guys running fusions tq, and run 1 and 2 at the farm in the Don Tilley race for a cure. We also had a driver Rick Jenkins make it 7th in the B at silver state running against Tebo, Maifield, etc... Then of course, we have Tim Mohr of 1/18 scale fame. He is pretty slow. There are others on our team that are fast such as Toby, Dave, Jason, Nathan, Dustin, Chris, Steve, Ryan, Kevin, Matt, Alex, and Shane and probably a few I forgot and apologize... but once again, not in the mood to write a book.

But since you are concerned, we have chosen to NOT hire a top gun and run them. I personally am not convinced that it is meaningful, but Cam thinks that Caster should have one. That might change for 2010 as I am talking to 3 different drivers that everyone would recognize their names.

As for offering sponsorships to anyone, simply not true. Pete26 left Caster as a mutual decision because of a personality conflict in Florida. I liked having him on the team. By the way, Pete, Toby said you had the fastest lap in truggy at the rc pro opener? Congratulations, man...that is awesome! I hope you can keep it up. As for pricing, anyone who was sponsored by a competitor or has a deal with other sponsors will probably disagree about our pricing to team members as it is the most aggressive out there except for full ride.

At first, we were pretty liberal on sponsorships because we didn't have much of a capacity to check references etc... and we have had and have still all sorts of people running as team members. We have our team members for r&d. If I had all Tebos on the track, I would never know what all the cars needed for the general public. Because of the team driver input, we now have new gearing, a different plastic compound, better bodies, and various other improvements that now are beginning to prove we are equal to the big dogs. I value every one of my guys opinions whether they are fast on the track or not.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #351
Tech Elite
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,469
Default

Thara,

Mike Battaille was a team driver for us and he is the reason that Clayton is on the team.

Just so you know.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #352
Tech Master
 
skeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Odenville, Alabama
Posts: 1,272
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller
Default

Uhhh....cause it's not about being fast.....it's about being a good person.



Right?



Prolly the only reason I qualify. LOL
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:46 AM   #353
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 306
Default

They are working to make thier cars better.They have made several improvements recently to the truck.The vehicles handle quite well.However the retail pricing is unrealistic in my opinion compared to the D8 or even the Mugen.The team driver thing is what it is.A way to generate customers......Just an opinion in an open forum.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #354
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,446
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico
Default

Many view a team driver as someone many racers look up to. A driver the represents a product well. I know Clayton and he really is a great guy and a great rep. just because he did not place well he shows great sportsmanship and helps others on the team and off the team.
__________________
Castle Creations, J-Concepts, WMD Products, Clints Creations
David Alberico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #355
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hi Pete26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete 26 View Post
They are working to make thier cars better.They have made several improvements recently to the truck.The vehicles handle quite well.However the retail pricing is unrealistic in my opinion compared to the D8 or even the Mugen.The team driver thing is what it is.A way to generate customers......Just an opinion in an open forum.
retail price for mbx6 is $949.95
retail price for d8 is $700.00
retail price for $550.00

Now this is not msrp, but this is how manufacturers base thier team prices off of. So, if you are a team driver for Mugen at 50% you would pay 475 for it where everyone else pays 520 from A Main. Just an FYI for everyone.

cam
camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #356
Tech Addict
 
moparsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On your mama's couch
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Wow a guy with three posts coming on here and bashing caster, never seen that before.
moparsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #357
Tech Elite
 
slaytanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,171
Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparsrule View Post
Wow a guy with three posts coming on here and bashing caster, never seen that before.
+1 I smell a skunk looking to stir it up.

I met Cam at the RC pro Finals in Texas and he was a great dude. Best pit spot in the house too! Right next to shop and the track!
__________________
Team Epic
Team Terribles~Answer RC~Fastlane Graphics~Torco Race Fuels
XB808 Mamba Max Pro/Tekin 1900kv RC-monster mount and tray 4s
XT8 Hobbywing 150a esc/2000kv combo KILLER! Full rc-monster e conversion. 4s

Last edited by slaytanic; 04-29-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: SP
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #358
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Default Caster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
Thara,

Yes, my name is Mike Mazza and I think that there are some misconceptions going on here.

We have a team of 50% off drivers mostly across the United States and they vary in skill level on the track. There are many reasons for this and I am not in the mood to write a book. Do some research in here and you should be able to figure it out as I have been very vocal in everything we have done and why.

1.) Clayton is a 50% off team driver from a financial standpoint. He has improved dramatically over the past year and a half and only has a few years of experience. He does help with setup and design for the whole team, but he is certainly not our fastest driver (yet?). He is a valuable member of my team, so you are starting to offend me. But since you are commenting about a recent race, I would imagine that you noticed Nathan Aker who was with him. Nathan was faster than Clayton and made it into the B main before having problems. He also was a national 2 time champion of something r/c. I know this because another Caster guy always made sure we knew it. That guy is Jason Anderson and he is a team manager of Panther. He is currently serving our country overseas.

2.) Fast drivers... My opinion is that today, Cam Martin is our fastest driver. He placed 4th last year at the RC Pro finals in Texas with a Caster truggy. Josh Pease is probably equal to him. Time will tell. As for fast drivers, we have several. We just had 2 guys running fusions tq, and run 1 and 2 at the farm in the Don Tilley race for a cure. We also had a driver Rick Jenkins make it 7th in the B at silver state running against Tebo, Maifield, etc... Then of course, we have Tim Mohr of 1/18 scale fame. He is pretty slow. There are others on our team that are fast such as Toby, Dave, Jason, Nathan, Dustin, Chris, Steve, Ryan, Kevin, Matt, Alex, and Shane and probably a few I forgot and apologize... but once again, not in the mood to write a book.

But since you are concerned, we have chosen to NOT hire a top gun and run them. I personally am not convinced that it is meaningful, but Cam thinks that Caster should have one. That might change for 2010 as I am talking to 3 different drivers that everyone would recognize their names.

As for offering sponsorships to anyone, simply not true. Pete26 left Caster as a mutual decision because of a personality conflict in Florida. I liked having him on the team. By the way, Pete, Toby said you had the fastest lap in truggy at the rc pro opener? Congratulations, man...that is awesome! I hope you can keep it up. As for pricing, anyone who was sponsored by a competitor or has a deal with other sponsors will probably disagree about our pricing to team members as it is the most aggressive out there except for full ride.

At first, we were pretty liberal on sponsorships because we didn't have much of a capacity to check references etc... and we have had and have still all sorts of people running as team members. We have our team members for r&d. If I had all Tebos on the track, I would never know what all the cars needed for the general public. Because of the team driver input, we now have new gearing, a different plastic compound, better bodies, and various other improvements that now are beginning to prove we are equal to the big dogs. I value every one of my guys opinions whether they are fast on the track or not.
Mike Mazza=????? Who are you?
Camshaft= ???? Didn't you quit Caster owing them money?
These 2 a bad recipe for disaster!
THara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #359
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 604
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THara View Post
Mike Mazza=????? Who are you?
Camshaft= ???? Didn't you quit Caster owing them money?
These 2 a bad recipe for disaster!
Mike Mazza is the owner of caster racing usa! Cam did take some time off for his own personal reasons. Im the team manager so if you have any questions about caster or my team drivers i would appreciate it if you would please email me and not make a public bash session. josh@casterracingusa.com Thanks
__________________
"Peasey"
Special thank to my sponsors.
Airtronics, Rc Country Hobbies, Rc Renew, Triton Engines, Lutz Rc
Josh Pease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:25 PM   #360
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

gettng close to buying my buggy...is everyone running carbon shock towers or are they running the stock aluminum ones?
__________________
T5M 7.5
22 3.0 7.5
SickWitiTRacing(Jayson)
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:51 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net