Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced! >

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

I thought you guys ran Panther
Old 04-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
I thought you guys ran Panther
Not all drivers are Panther Sponsored
Old 04-10-2009, 06:31 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

C-HUB conversion kit... the buggy turns really good and plenty on and off sterring.. very sharp turns.. I like it!!!

the buggy handles very good with the c-hub setup....
Old 04-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Main reason I picked the Z01-B over the ZX1.5R was because I hate cleaning PBS. The conversion looks nice!

Chris ... are you going to DC Offroad this weekend?
Old 04-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It looks like the front end of a HobbyTech STR8. No offence, I'm driving a ZX1R and have been waiting for the C Hub conver. kits. But if the parts are the same as the STR8, I don't think I have to wait any longer
Old 04-12-2009, 03:47 PM
D8
Tech Master

I am trying different setups for next weekend....

Old 04-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Some pics of the new Diggity Designs CF towers just released for the Caster 1.5R.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:24 PM

Hey guys wanted to ask a question. I race here in Texas, met some guy named Clayton Neal in Austin this weekend. Says he is a pro sponsored driver,full factory from Caster Racing? Is this true cause the guy ran in the open class(expert basically) and could not make it out of the D-main. So how is this guy a pro and claiming he is fully backed factory driver. And there was a pro class,with the likes of Jason Branham,Andy Smolnik, Mike Battaile. But this guy didn't run Pro. When I watched him run he looked basically like a sportsman driver. Any input on this. Was interested in the car. But was weary of this guy. Who is the head honcho here in the US for Caster?

Last edited by THara; 04-28-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by THara
Hey guys wanted to ask a question. I race here in Texas, met some guy named Clayton Neal in Austin this weekend. Says he is a pro sponsored driver,full factory from Caster Racing? Is this true cause the guy ran in the open class(expert basically) and could not make it out of the D-main. So how is this guy a pro and claiming he is fully backed factory driver. And there was a pro class,with the likes of Jason Branham,Andy Smolnik, Mike Battaile. But this guy didn't run Pro. When I watched him run he looked basically like a sportsman driver. Any input on this. Was interested in the car. But was weary of this guy. Who is the head honcho here in the US for Caster?
If you are in Texas and interested in driving for Caster you need to speak to Josh Pease, you can reach him at [email protected]. Clayton is a Caster Team driver and has been with Caster for a number of years. As far as the % of him, I do not know, BUT Clayton is a awesome guy and can answer anything you need to know about the buggy. He has a ton of experience with it. He was probably having a bad day as we all do that particular day. The pics I posted above are actually of his car. Don't be weary of him, he's a great guy.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

and aside from that not all sponsored drivers on any team are super machines like drake,truhe,etc. they do occasionally make mistakes lol..and or have bad showings
Old 04-28-2009, 03:07 PM

Default Caster

Well if this guy has been with Caster a number of years and drives like that, then is the car a bad platform? Just saying you guys need to get a better representative for your car.
I for one would not be claiming to be full factory, if I couldn't make the A-main in the expert class, or be claiming to be a Pro driver. Like I said there was a pro class and the guy didn't run it.
From what I was told from several of his fellow racers is that the guy moved from sportsman not that long ago, and won no major races in sportsman.
So who is this guy who claims to be a Pro driver.
Was a bad showing for Caster Racing in Austin ,Texas.
Who are Casters top pro drivers in the US?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well if this guy has been with Caster a number of years and drives like that, then is the car a bad platform? Just saying you guys need to get a better representative for your car.
I for one would not be claiming to be full factory, if I couldn't make the A-main in the expert class, or be claiming to be a Pro driver. Like I said there was a pro class and the guy didn't run it.
From what I was told from several of his fellow racers is that the guy moved from sportsman not that long ago, and won no major races in sportsman.
Whatever help you need and/or any questions about Clayton should probably be directed at Clayton, no? He's very knowledgeable and can get you going pretty quick.

What are you currently driving?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:39 PM

Default Caster

Well guy, was just saying, the guy shouldn't be saying something he isn't. The only thing that would do is make people wonder if you really have a good product or not.
I was suspicious when I saw the guy perform on the track, then I knew he was blowing smoke.
So was just checking to see if the guy was for real, don't like being misled. A word of advice for Clayton, don't claim to be something you aren't, cause people can always check you out.
I drive an Associated RC8.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well guy, was just saying, the guy shouldn't be saying something he isn't. The only thing that would do is make people wonder if you really have a good product or not.
I was suspicious when I saw the guy perform on the track, then I knew he was blowing smoke.
So was just checking to see if the guy was for real, don't like being misled. A word of advice for Clayton, don't claim to be something you aren't, cause people can always check you out.
I drive an Associated RC8.
If you did not already know, the owner of the distribution and Team in the US is Mike Mazza over at http://www.casterracingusa.com . He has an open door policy so you can share your concerns with him.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Caster's top current US driver is probably Joshua Pease.He's the team manager.He raced the Dirt Nitro Challenge this year.You can look up his results.
It's basically how they generate customers.You buy a kit and they'll put you on the team.They jack up the price of there kits and tell thier drivers they're getting 50% off.Even put a post on this website advertising "Team drivers wanted" then took anybody with the money for a kit.I drove for them until I saw the kind of guys they were recruting for team drivers and the quality of there truggy kits.I wonder how many people drive a Caster that aren't on the team.I think the guy your talking about is a Caster dealer.So that probably explains the 100% deal.There are a couple of Caster guys in Florida that can drive pretty well.The rest are just guys that had money for a kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.