R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mugen9112
Default Which Fuel Gun, if any?

I am looking to buy a fuel gun, however i hear bad things about essentially all of them... Which of them don't leak, which do, and which provides the best results? Thanks for your help.
Mugen9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I have both the losi and the proline gun and they both work well. I really think that it can be luck of the draw with regards to fuel guns leaking. I have had brand new ones leak right out the package and the same brand I have had one that didn't leak for over 2 years.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
I have both the losi and the proline gun and they both work well. I really think that it can be luck of the draw with regards to fuel guns leaking. I have had brand new ones leak right out the package and the same brand I have had one that didn't leak for over 2 years.
Which one would you recommend overall? Also do companies recognize the leaking problem and offer any kind of support?
Old 11-24-2008, 05:46 AM   #4
Tech Regular

I've had poor results with the Dynamite fuel gun. No leaking but definitely to slow, you could be equally fast with a good bottle.
R&B do have a fine one, i really like it. Full metal jacket and really fast. A friend of mine has one. I'm borrowing it from time to time, ....eerrr..... no wait... almost every time
I'll go for a Losi, 'cause its fast as well and transparent, so you can immediately see when the tank is full, while with the R&B you have to count like "21, 22..." to be 100% sure.

regards,
triplesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:01 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idproduct=4726

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idproduct=1830

I like the losi one even over the RB gun because you can see the fuel. It also has the numbers(amount of fuel) that your stop just took in cc's. This helps when looking into how long you can go, or how much fuel your car is using late race as opposed to the first stop.

I have the RB as well. Proline is good but I think no numbers. The cheapest(of the best guns) is the losi and I think personally it functions the best for the above reasons.
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the help guys, I think I will go with the losi gun
Old 11-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Excuse my ignorance but, are the guns designed to stop flowing when the tank is full? I'm thinking this is the case due to the breathers being at the flow end of the gun, and a full tank will block them off.

Cheers
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i dont bleive they r made to stop fueling wen tank is fuel but more of you know how much your tank needs at a certain time and the gun will hold that much and dump it in as fast as possible making for faster pit stops
The #1 site for all your nitro needs
egobuster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

They stop when the tank is full. I have used the Rb and I think it's faster than the Losi but I like the Losi because it's clear. I even saw a Proline sponsored driver with a losi gun with a sticker over the logo!

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail rwmods@yahoo.com Rex Welch
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

i have seen a lot of people with the losi gun... seems to work well
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I like the Proline just fine. I have an aluminum RB as well and they both seem to be functionally the same.

I had an Ofna, actually liked it the best, but where it screwed into the handle broke, with very little use, so can't really suggest it.

The Losi looks like a good choice though.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i have had the RB for 2 years and works perfect

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen9112 View Post
Which one would you recommend overall? Also do companies recognize the leaking problem and offer any kind of support?
Well, both companies sponsor me so this is going to be a bit difficult. I personally like the proline gun better, but the guy that pits my car prefers my losi gun. I can't really say how they would handle a new leaky gun, but both companies have good customer service and I am sure if you had an issue they would be willing to take care of your problems. Both of them do shut off when the tank is full and one advantage of the losi is the fact that the filler snaps closed. For some reason every once in a while I forget to put the filler cap back into the proline. When you do that, the gun does not shut off when the tank is full. Both guns are clear and do a good job. The only real drawback to the losi is the numbers are marked backwards on the gun. When filling it you have to stop and turn the gun over to see how much fuel is in the gun. The losi gun is a little less expensive. I don't think you will be disappointed with either gun. They both have clear bodies which I like better than the RB as well as the shape of the trigger is better for me than the RB. They are both less expensive than the RB as well. My guess is that wherever you race there are probably both guns so maybe you should give them a try and see which you prefer.

How's that for trying to answer your questions and still straddle a fence?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I like the proline gun better then the losi because of the Brass end on the proline. the 1 downside to the proline is the air tubes. You need to use a Dremel on the to get them flush with the rest of the tip, or they will dig into the tank.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:54 AM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
Well, both companies sponsor me so this is going to be a bit difficult. I personally like the proline gun better, but the guy that pits my car prefers my losi gun. I can't really say how they would handle a new leaky gun, but both companies have good customer service and I am sure if you had an issue they would be willing to take care of your problems. Both of them do shut off when the tank is full and one advantage of the losi is the fact that the filler snaps closed. For some reason every once in a while I forget to put the filler cap back into the proline. When you do that, the gun does not shut off when the tank is full. Both guns are clear and do a good job. The only real drawback to the losi is the numbers are marked backwards on the gun. When filling it you have to stop and turn the gun over to see how much fuel is in the gun. The losi gun is a little less expensive. I don't think you will be disappointed with either gun. They both have clear bodies which I like better than the RB as well as the shape of the trigger is better for me than the RB. They are both less expensive than the RB as well. My guess is that wherever you race there are probably both guns so maybe you should give them a try and see which you prefer.

How's that for trying to answer your questions and still straddle a fence?
Thanks for the very useful info. Good work on not giving one sponsor a ringing endorsement while putting down the other lol