Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Fuel Gun, if any?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are the fuel guns really that much better than a bottle or is it that they don't over fill the tank and get fuel every where?

If you couldn't get a gun what is the best bottle?
Old 11-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I Have the Losi gun, and it leaks. I was told that they all leak, but not sure if that's true or not. They are not made for fuel storage, they are to be filled before the pit and dumped out into the tank. They are faster than bottles, and stop when the tank is full.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Gun

Just get a good fuel bottle and it is just as fast if not faster and is a fraction of the price. Just my .02 cents.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmnay_83
Just get a good fuel bottle and it is just as fast if not faster and is a fraction of the price. Just my .02 cents.
We need to find you a good pit guy!! Fuel bottles cost less, but they are not faster.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

I done right, there is no way a fuel bottle is faster than a fuel gun. LOL, I run the LOSI and like it alot, I had the RB and it looks cool as hell, but it just doesn't work well since you can't see the fuel. I welded bungs in the RB body and ran a clear fuel line and it helped, but I wouldn't go through all that, easier to get the LOSI.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

I also use the losi gun, it is easy and fast. But it is fast because of the breather holes, which if it is turned upright with fuel then pointed downward will spill from the breather holes. Mine leaked a bit when I first got it but I pulled it apart and found that it can be adjusted so the 'O' ring has a better seal. Easy fix. But I just top it up before I use it then empty what is left back into my bottle.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
We need to find you a good pit guy!! Fuel bottles cost less, but they are not faster.
Are you talking just a one-man pit guy or a two-man crew?

Having been a solo pit guy with a bottle, I feel that I'm pretty fast and I'm not sure I could be faster with a gun. I've watched the guns dump and they don't seem much faster than a bottle, and overall pit time doesn't seem much faster to me... Of course, I'm betting the gun does a better job of topping off without spilling...

Now a two-man crew, I can see how they'd be quite a bit quicker with a gun versus a bottle if they synch it right.

I'll have to pick up a gun and give it a try next time I'm out, if it's faster for me by myself I'll stick with it
Old 11-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
Are you talking just a one-man pit guy or a two-man crew?

Having been a solo pit guy with a bottle, I feel that I'm pretty fast and I'm not sure I could be faster with a gun. I've watched the guns dump and they don't seem much faster than a bottle, and overall pit time doesn't seem much faster to me... Of course, I'm betting the gun does a better job of topping off without spilling...

Now a two-man crew, I can see how they'd be quite a bit quicker with a gun versus a bottle if they synch it right.

I'll have to pick up a gun and give it a try next time I'm out, if it's faster for me by myself I'll stick with it

One or two man crew should be faster with a fuel gun. Two man crew is usually faster than one if they know what they are doing. Even as a one man crew, you still have one hand to hold the car and one hand for refueling. I will say this, when somebody is pitting for me it is always their choice what to use. If you aren't comfortable with a gun then use the bottle. If you get comfortable with a gun you should be faster.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks, I will try one.... Even if I have to practice with it a bit.... I like being the pit guy, I just wish when I was driving that I got fueled as quickly
Old 11-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Tin
Tech Apprentice

Are the Losi guns supposed to leak a bit? Mine leaks at the tip and I was told it is supposed to.