R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (http://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Is this too good to be true? (http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/255327-too-good-true.html)

mtbkym01 11-22-2008 06:53 PM

Is this too good to be true?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN:IT&ih=002

I'm a little concerned that I may get burnt :flaming:, whats your thoughts?

houston 11-22-2008 06:58 PM

this is what happens when you dont set a reserve on an expensive item :flaming:

mike williams 11-22-2008 07:59 PM

you have ebay and paypal as security!!!!
You got a hell of a deal:eek:

fiveoboy01 11-22-2008 08:09 PM

That's a good deal, and though it's cheap, it's certainly closer to what I'd be willing to pay for a competitive buggy.

hambydsgb 11-22-2008 09:48 PM

will he have to pay an import tax?

bigsquidracer 11-22-2008 10:15 PM

the guy score is good, make sure he is accepting paypal. becuase his score is at 96.3 because guy said that he couldnt pay in paypal. but if paypal is accepted than that is a killer deal, because ebay ebay will make the guy pay back the money if you didnt get the buggy

Oasis 11-22-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 (Post 5081560)
That's a good deal, and though it's cheap, it's certainly closer to what I'd be willing to pay for a competitive buggy.

The price is way less than what cost is..about $200 less to exact..so if it's on the up and up..killer deal..the guy lost money..:nod:

mtbkym01 11-23-2008 12:24 AM

He's saying that he doesn't accept paypal for international customers (which I am) and has requested a wire transfer.

I'm a little concerned because it is so cheap, he also sold another one at the same time for about the same price, and has a couple more ending within the next day.

I really want it to be above board, but not sure what to do

Eccentric 11-23-2008 02:50 AM

The fact that he obviously knows NOTHING about this kit is a red flag for me.

Quote:

Brand NEW KYOSHO INFERNO MP9 Kit RTR
Quote:

Equipment Needed: Battery, Gasoline, Battery Charger
-RTR???

-Gasoline???

-No mention of radio equipment, engine, or pipe in the "Equipment Needed" list...

I hope it works out for you.

slaytanic 11-23-2008 03:07 AM

No way in hell I would do a wire transfer over seas. As soon as you send the money you have ZERO recourse. If he is up and up he will work with you. Ask him about an escrow.

aussies1129 11-23-2008 04:45 AM

Hey Kym,
sorry dude after 3 years experience of ebay with over 1600score I have learnt that if you do a wire transfer your money will be gone and no MP9 will be sent. no one ever that is reputable will say no paypal to overseas buyers thats just some potential for some serious fraud and there will be nothing you can do about it!:flaming: remember what I said if its sounds to good then its exactly that to good to be true!:cry:
contact ebay as soon as possible if you have not done so already i am sure ebay have a policy about wire transfers.:nod:
good luck mate!
Cheers

bushyar15 11-23-2008 05:00 AM

My first rule of thumb about doing any deal on the 'net is;

"Don't spend more than you are willing to lose."

My second rule is "if its too good to be true, it problem isn't".

Thirdly, if its a large sum of money, I only deal with people with perfect feedback and plenty of it. That guy had a 96.x rating.... Not good enough for me to deal with....

In general I don't deal with anyone below a 99.x percent rating and only if they rebutted the negative comments...

scrappy 11-23-2008 06:08 AM

The problem here is paypal.
The seller has less than 100 transactions, so paypal will hold the funds for 30 days... or until positive feedback is left from the buyer.
On an international transaction with heavy shipping charges, paypal holds the funds for 30 days including the shipping charges.

Sure if he gets positive feedback paypal is supposed to release the funds, but probably wont until he calls paypal customer service and rips them a new one.

I recently sold a used OCM buggy to a guy in Switzerland...$68 shipping for a $100 item. I had to pay the $68 shipping , and then wait for positive feedback.
At first I called paypal customer service and complained about them not releasing the shipping charges. The paypal rep agreed that this situation was flawed in their policy, but nothing they could do.
5 days after positive feedback was left for me, I called paypal again to remind them to release the funds.

24 days from shipping to final payment, 24 days @$68 out of pocket, $97 total proceeds after paypal fees :flaming:

I can understand why the seller wont accept paypal, net loss on the kit minus seller fees, minus paypal fees, shipping charges out of pocket for the duration, and paypal does business on his dime for the better part of a month.

I hope you get this all worked out, hell of a deal if you do.

Jammin57 11-23-2008 07:22 AM

the auction has paypal for payment if he wont take a paypal payment like the auction states contact ebay and see if they can help you then if ebay wont help just leave the guy negative feedback and thank god you didn't get screwed out of you're money, if is he refusing to accept paypal because you are overseas sounds like he's trying to scam you it doesn't matter where the money comes from when it gets to him it will still be the right amount in his currency just like a wire transfer. the auctions are a legal agreement there was a article on AOL a few months ago where a guy didn't put a reserve on his boat and it was only bid to $40(I think that was the price) and he didn't want to sell and the buyer took him to court and the seller was forced to sell the boat for the auction price.

Davidka 11-23-2008 08:09 AM

Back out. If his auction says he accepts paypal and shows a shipping cost to the US, indicating that he would've had no problem taking paypal if the price had reached the amount he was after. It didn't and he is refusing paypal so he's at fault. If he's really bent on a wire transfer then tell him you'll wire the money after the kit arrives at your house (he's got low feedback and only 96%, you might remind him of that). At this point you're better off getting out.