Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Monster?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Which Monster?

Ok I'm looking to buy either the HPI savage XL 5.9 or the Team Associated 8.0 Monster truck. or should I wait and see if something new/better comes along before spring. I currently own a Revo and am going to sell it to get something different.

Kev
Old 11-24-2008, 08:36 AM
SLK
Tech Initiate

not to be a dick but you are in the wrong forum. But to answer your question it all depends on what you are looking for, I know alot of guys who would take a revo over a savage any day of the week. But if you was a MT that can handle ok but still be pretty fun to bash then keep the revo, if you want a straight up basher then the Savage to me is a better option than the AE. I like it because the aftermarket for it is much larger and most hobby shops carry HPI.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

imho the Savage looks to be alot better quality. Great bashers but boy do they handle poorly.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Out of them two, the savage xl for me, bacause it uses a far more common engine size and you can always throw in a stronger engine and it is a savage which means there are tonnes of hopups if you choose to mod it etc. Otherwise the LST2 would be worth a look at. Revo's are very cool, but i havent ever seen one run that doesnt break, which can be said for most monster trucks anyway.

Main thing is to make sure you can get parts easy for whichever you choose