Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fioroni???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tristyn, which shoes are you using in your buggy? There are 3 different compounds- black, white, and blue, and 3 different types- 2 shoe, 4 shoe 70/30 split, and 4 shoe 50/50 split.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im not gonna aruge with you jammin....you have your feeling for the Fioroni and so do i.

A carbon shoe clutch Will NEVER grab as hard an an alum version...its just a material fact.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tristyn
JAMMINKRAZY, Thanks for the reply. I use a fine sandpaper to clean my clutch bell and maintain the carbon shoes. The clutch is grabbing good, I think my problem is that this engine is a mid and top end engine and my clutch shoes are engaging to soon and not giving me the snap I like. I will try stiffer springs.
Yeah try some stiffer springs. that should help.

Integra- Yeah I get what you are saying.... For me even if I lose a little snap it is worth it for the longevity. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with maintenance but I just get sick of spending $30 in shoes and springs every few gallons. I love the set it and forget it confidence the fioroni gives me. With a negligable decrease in snap(if any). I can definately see that it would suit some and not others.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

has anyone tried this with the OS Speed??

ive got one and im just pondering whether i should install it.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I made some changes to GRP.21. I am running the 70/30 split with carbon shoes. I installed a new standard spring in the 30% side and 1 hard/1 standard in the 70% side and replaced the JP4 pipe with a new dynamite 053. Man I can't believe the difference much,much better.

Thanks guys
Old 09-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Stiffer springs definately would help.

I definately don't buy the "fioroni bottom end bog" theory. Run stiff springs and change them every few gallons. I have run mine in a truggy with .21 engines for 8 gallons.... no bottom end bog what so ever. I ran my v-spec with the stock losi 4 shoe with 4 khz aluminum shoes, 2 gold , 2 silver springs, back to back with the fioroni turbo twin 2007, black carbon shoes, 2 stiff springs. Exact same performance. Definately no bogging.

There is no reason you should feel any bog with this clutch(when set up correctly) especially in a buggy.

I would also reccomend scuffing the inside of your clutch bell and the contact patch of the shoes with some fine grit sandpaper. I use a foam sandpaper pad for this. I will try to find a link.
The reason for the fioroni bog in some applications is simple. It engages faster than a swinging shoe design. I know the traditionalists don't believe it, but it's a fact. Changing springs will change the stall speed, but doesn't effect the speed of engagement. Like a new driver learning to drive a manual transmission, bogging is due to engagement which is too quick for the available power. Fioroni could have offered aluminum shoes like that clone company does, but they are not needed. Fioroni offers (at least in the classic turbo version) black, blue and white shoes. Blue and white slip a bit more and offer a way to smooth the engagement. For 21's, blue or white tend give better engagement. And you can mix shoe compounds for more tuning choices. Adding another shoe to gain more contact patch is so primitive. I wonder what M2C will offer next, a 8 shoe clutch.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Lord

Fioroni Cluth's SUCK.....there i said it...FLAME AWAY.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am thinking of gettng this setup for my 808 running a JX21/+4. I am thinking of buying the 4 shoe setup but I do not know which color to order. So do I need the black, the blue, or the white? I would think it would be between the black or blue, thinking the black maybe.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You need a shorter collet I used the losi collet for the xxx-nt worked like a champ-think its the same one used on the losi 8, not sure though I know you can find it at amain under xxx-nt parts

Originally Posted by koenig
ive got one but the flywheel is always coming loose on my notors. what collet are you guys using with it? i think its a good clutch but because of this problem its not worth using it. do you guys have any ideas? i tighten up the clutch nut really tight, but its always coming loose.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had the same problem
it's losi LOSA9376 you need brother
comes as cone + 2 and shims

Last edited by speedy2; 09-17-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by captain america
Since we're talking Fiorini clutches, has anyone tried the Vario with all aluminium shoes? A worthwhile investment for a .21 in a buggy? Characteristics? Longevity?
I ran the Vario and the Shoes really do last FOREVER!! I am not sure why they last so long over other shoes, but they are just awesome and the did not mushroom.

When I ran the clutch on my VSPEC's it was a perfect match, when I ran on the EXETCH and Speed it bogged the bottom somewhat. I am gonna try it again of my B9 and see what happens. All Fioroni would need to do is come out with a stiffer spring selection, then I would definatley go back. Very simple to use, and again, the shoes were just great.

I wouldn't go as far to say "Fioroni Clutchs Suck" that is just a silly and typical internet comment, I know way to many people that love em. If I get a chance soon to try the Vario again, I will let you know.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Lord

If you can deal with a boggy bottom end and thinking that's the way its supposed to be....your Sadly mistaken....and FYI im talking about the Slider clutch's....NOT the vario.....imo the vario is a knock off of every other 4 shoe out there with its own little flare added....I can and WILL say the Fioroni slider's SUCK.

also FYI they do make a harder spring set...problem is once the spring's get to the temp of the clutch (normally 200+) they sag out and its back to how it was before the stiff sping....Cut the spring down all you want the stall....its not gonna change the stall of the shoes.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Fioroni Cluth's SUCK.....there i said it...FLAME AWAY.
If you can deal with a boggy bottom end and thinking that's the way its supposed to be....your Sadly mistaken....and FYI im talking about the Slider clutch's....NOT the vario.....imo the vario is a knock off of every other 4 shoe out there with its own little flare added....I can and WILL say the Fioroni slider's SUCK.

also FYI they do make a harder spring set...problem is once the spring's get to the temp of the clutch (normally 200+) they sag out and its back to how it was before the stiff sping....Cut the spring down all you want the stall....its not gonna change the stall of the shoes.
you voiced your opinion 8 months ago about the clutch, I guess you had to remind yourself
Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Do they make harder springs for the Vario??
Old 09-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
Do they make harder springs for the Vario??

Im sure they do...the Vario is NOTHING like the Slider....2 different clutch's all together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.