R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2008, 06:07 AM   #16
Tech Regular
 
tallyram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 476
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

i'm running with a 15t bell and could probably go 16t, so a 15t or 16t should be on the money for you.
tallyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #17
Tech Regular
 
Reevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 323
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Cool cool some good advice. I'm definitely going to mess around with cb/sg combo's.
__________________
I got some RC stuff.
Reevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic
 
Mugen9112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mugen9112
Default

The one thing that really stood out for me amongst other things was the lack of exit steering. Check you caster settings and maybe even the travel adjust on the radio... Seems like your car would turn in ok but then have to go wide. Also which steering servo are you using.
__________________
Mugen MBX6-T
Team Associated B4
Team Associated B44
Mugen9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #19
Tech Regular
 
Reevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 323
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen9112 View Post
The one thing that really stood out for me amongst other things was the lack of exit steering. Check you caster settings and maybe even the travel adjust on the radio... Seems like your car would turn in ok but then have to go wide. Also which steering servo are you using.
JR z9100s on throttle/brake

Hitec 7955 titanium gear on steering

...I know what you're saying with turning in hard but still going wide...I think it was because the track sucked and I couldn't carry much speed around the turns...Today I was out there again with track prepped and wetted down and I was hookin up nice around the turns. Carried more speed and was able to turn in better....I also had an issue with my rear driveshaft little grub screw coming loose and I think I was losing power there too...So tonight I loctited that screw and I'm letting it all stick up tonight...See how it runs tomorrow.
__________________
I got some RC stuff.
Reevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic
 
Mugen9112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mugen9112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevo View Post
JR z9100s on throttle/brake

Hitec 7955 titanium gear on steering

...I know what you're saying with turning in hard but still going wide...I think it was because the track sucked and I couldn't carry much speed around the turns...Today I was out there again with track prepped and wetted down and I was hookin up nice around the turns. Carried more speed and was able to turn in better....I also had an issue with my rear driveshaft little grub screw coming loose and I think I was losing power there too...So tonight I loctited that screw and I'm letting it all stick up tonight...See how it runs tomorrow.
Diff fluids (F/C/R)?
__________________
Mugen MBX6-T
Team Associated B4
Team Associated B44
Mugen9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:02 PM   #21
Tech Regular
 
Reevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 323
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen9112 View Post
Diff fluids (F/C/R)?
7, 10, 3 and 13T cb...I think I'm going to throw a 15T on there with my new .28
__________________
I got some RC stuff.
Reevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic
 
Mugen9112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mugen9112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevo View Post
7, 10, 3 and 13T cb...I think I'm going to throw a 15T on there with my new .28
sounds right. refer to the caster settings in the setup book and experiment with that
__________________
Mugen MBX6-T
Team Associated B4
Team Associated B44
Mugen9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #23
Tech Regular
 
Reevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 323
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen9112 View Post
sounds right. refer to the caster settings in the setup book and experiment with that
For sure...Thanks for your help.
__________________
I got some RC stuff.
Reevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
your dream RC?? chado757 Rookie Zone 41 02-17-2008 05:20 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net