R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   My new plan (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/254974-my-new-plan.html)

ryanroma 11-20-2008 07:26 PM

My new plan

Alright, well as most of you know, I got mad at my Ofna when I was new to nitro and most likely pissed a lot of you all off(I'm sorry, you know how it is when things don't go how you planned, you get pissed probably...)but I have decided that it's time to move up to something I can compete with at my local track. Most likely that will end up being a CEN Matrix TR Arena. So my question is, how much do you all think my buggy is worth as it sits now?

I have done:

OFNA Micro Failsafe
Dynamite O53MR Polished pipe
OFNA Ultra LX Comp body(custom paint by myself)
Pro-Line rims, Crime Fighters and Bowtie combo new and unused
Pro-Line High-Downforce wing
Futaba S3305 High torque metal gear servo

If pictures would help, let me know.

ryanroma 11-20-2008 08:02 PM

Would it help if I listed what I paid for each thing?

The buggy-$280
OFNA Micro Failsafe-$25
Dynamite O53MR Polished pipe-$50
OFNA Ultra LX Comp body(custom paint by myself)$35
Pro-Line rims, Crime Fighters and Bowtie combo new and unused-$65
Pro-Line High-Downforce wing-$13
Futaba S3305 High torque metal gear servo-$40

mike williams 11-20-2008 08:24 PM

sounds like a nice buggy, but the problem is that the used market is flooded with Losi 1.0 buggies right now....people barely get $200 for a nice roller with some parts. But i can't say for sure that you wouldn't find the right buyer. A good rule of thumb is $.40-$.50 on the dollar for used stuff and a little more for really nice stuff. Just post in the for sale thread and see. you may get the right buyer. the best thing is that it's free to post so whats it gonna hurt. good luck and a piece of advice, i would pick up a used Losi 8T long before I would pick up any Cen product. Good Luck:D

mracer 11-20-2008 08:31 PM

One thing to try is put it on ebay as a complete set with a reserve. If you get what you want then let it go. If that doesn't work try breaking it down into components, and sell it piece-by-piece. Like someone said before, it is only worth about 40-50% of what you paid, and it is free to post it on here first.

Hope this helps

Momo5 11-20-2008 11:15 PM

[QUOTE= I have decided that it's time to move up to something I can compete with at my local track. [/QUOTE]

Hey man whats up? I remember when I showed you a pic of my LX-1 and you were like...I cant believe its all stock! Now you know why..the LX-1 is goodtimes to play around with, but its not really a racing buggy. Thats what I have my mugen for.

By the way, I have the TR Arena. If I were you I'd pick up a mugen truggy instead. Just my 2 cents. You can pick them up pretty cheap on here used.

ryanroma 11-21-2008 03:27 AM

Well I would, but I will be getting a really nice(in my opinion)deal on the CEN, like $150 as a roller and $200 RTR.

SLK 11-21-2008 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by ryanroma (Post 5076299)
Well I would, but I will be getting a really nice(in my opinion)deal on the CEN, like $150 as a roller and $200 RTR.

I know its not a truck but i bought my MBX5R w/ a RB WS7 for $200. Thats a much better deal than a CEN any day of the week. I would keep a look out on Ebay. I would stay away from CEN.

jamminnay 11-21-2008 02:03 PM

i would say you will get 200 max... just my guess

ryanroma 11-21-2008 02:04 PM

Can you guys tell me exactly why I should stay away from CEN?

Madbrad 11-21-2008 02:42 PM

Everyone has their own opions, if you really like CEN go get one. I havent owned a CEN but they seam pretty decent. A good drive can make anything look good on the track.

When people suggest a buggy/truggy normaly you hear Losi,Mugen,Xray...ecy becuase they are the big dogs in the RC market.

ryanroma 11-21-2008 02:59 PM

Would an older Revo 2.5 with RPM arms, 6 sets of tires and enough spare parts for another truck be a better choice for $300 RTR?

ryanroma 11-21-2008 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Madbrad (Post 5078142)
Everyone has their own opions, if you really like CEN go get one. I havent owned a CEN but they seam pretty decent. A good drive can make anything look good on the track.

When people suggest a buggy/truggy normaly you hear Losi,Mugen,Xray...ecy becuase they are the big dogs in the RC market.

Thank you for your honest and precise response :).

I really want to get this because every other vehicle I've found used is at least $100 more ready to run.

Tree 11-21-2008 05:20 PM

There are a lot of good truggies out on the market but you will be spending some serious coin to get a kit running. You figure $500 for a kit, $200 on servos, $300-$400 on engine and pipe.

The Cen Matrix buggy and truggy are good rigs IMO. They affordible and durable and can be very competitive once they are set-up right. For the price you said you can get one, I wouldn't pass that up.

I really like my TR Arena truggy especially since I upgraded to the BCE chassis conversion. I can hang with most high dollar truggies out at the track and I paid about $400 including the BCE chassis for mine.

If you really want a race quality rig than any of the top manufacturers will fit the bill. If you are on a budget and still want to be competitive than you can't go wrong with a Cen or Caster K8T in my opinion. Both are good kits at a great value.

wingracer 11-21-2008 06:08 PM

The following is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

My only experience with CEN is with their cheapo ready to run crap. It's all such garbage that I have a very low opinion of CEN and would not buy one of their products no matter how good the deal.

That being said, I have never run one of their full race rides and no one I know does so I haven't even seen one. They may very well be great and well worth the money but I will NOT be finding out on my own. If you know some people racing them in your area and they look good and parts and support are available then go for it. If not, Losi's and Mugen's are a dime a dozen on here and ebay and they are proven winners with massive parts and technical support.

mike williams 11-22-2008 04:24 AM

I havea Losi 8 & 8T for about 1 1/2 years and i have only broken a outer rod end. Thats about 12 race days per car. And also im pretty hard on equipment. I had a GS Storm and broke it every time i raced, which was 3 race days so if you don't mind DNF's then go get that CEN but i would run like hell:lol: ..just my $.02
Good luck