Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget Racer

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

so many chioces lol. I cant decide lol. It's for an st-rr.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NDHotbodies
I don't think you will be disapointed with the Dynamite P engine either the 21 or 28.. as I said earlier the one in my truggy has 2 seasons on it and still runs great. I plan on racing over in Minn. at the RHR series useing the same engine.. as I said earlier also, I'm not being partial to one brand of engine, we have RB c6s, GRP.21 axial 12, mach 26s, and also a sportwerks .21 in our mayhem thats 4 years old and still runs great..

What did you like better the dynamite platnium .21 or sportwerks .21?? Why is this .21 have 9 ports, like the only one seen and dos anyone have specs on it???
Old 11-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

From what I understand, sportwerks is closing if it is not closed already. So be aware, repair parts might be hard to find. I would go with the Dynamite .21 or the 3 port Nova. Both are good engines and will push your ST-RR around. They will get good gas milage also. As you get better, upgrade to the Ninja, VSpec, GRP or higher dollar Novas. Have fun!
Old 11-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by x195svt
I would look seriously look hard at the Jammin jpx 21. I have seen videos on you tube of them in truggies and they are very fast. They normally sell for 229 on Amain but with the 10% off that will be about 206. I heard of people getting 12+ gallons on the picco based engines. This is probably going to be my next engine.
I run the N21B now in my buggy and it's a good engine and it will run forever without flameouts but it's not the most powerful engine out there. I know the go 5 port suggested by Alan Burton is a strong engine as well but I don't know as much about the Go's unfortunatly.
Also, Tower Hobbies has a $25 coupon code good till the end of the month that can be used on the Jammin jpx 21. I am all for budget racing!
Old 11-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RickBac
From what I understand, sportwerks is closing if it is not closed already. So be aware, repair parts might be hard to find. I would go with the Dynamite .21 or the 3 port Nova. Both are good engines and will push your ST-RR around. They will get good gas milage also. As you get better, upgrade to the Ninja, VSpec, GRP or higher dollar Novas. Have fun!
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23730

this seems to be better then the nova and dynamite, more rpm and hp. What you guys think
*only go that high because with comes with pipe

Last edited by drs92; 11-22-2008 at 07:33 AM.