Wiki Posts
Search

WANT TO START I/D TRACK MAPLE PARK IL NEED FEEDBACK

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default WANT TO START I/D TRACK MAPLE PARK IL NEED FEEDBACK

I want to build an indoor off road track in mape park il but i need some feedback. I want to show the land owner it wouldn't be a wast of time so he will rent me his pole barn. It would be dirt/ clay electric and nitro, it may tack some time and effort to get it started. I want a place to drive and evryone could have a good time without any problems. I dont want it to turn into a fiasco like the other place was. let me know what you think.

If the ex employees of barnyard read this pleas call steve
630-935-0132
Old 11-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

where is maple park? i am from IL also..
Old 11-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

maple park is on rt 38 & county line rd west of st.charles & elburn and before cortland or dekalb
Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

well there is a huge amount of racers in the chicagoland area... unfortunately i am a long way from maple park
Old 11-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Is anyone interested or do you like to travel 1+ hrs to drive your machines
Old 11-16-2008, 10:57 AM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

got my vote. plus at least 4-5 others
Old 11-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
I want to build an indoor off road track in mape park il but i need some feedback. I want to show the land owner it wouldn't be a wast of time so he will rent me his pole barn. It would be dirt/ clay electric and nitro, it may tack some time and effort to get it started. I want a place to drive and evryone could have a good time without any problems. I dont want it to turn into a fiasco like the other place was. let me know what you think.

If the ex employees of barnyard read this pleas call steve
630-935-0132
tbh it would be hard for someone to compete with joliet. does the building your looking into have center poles? heat? enough room for enclosed pitting? the racing has been a little low with the economy lately so rent,utilities may be hard to cover. have you thought about a park district track? i've seen alot of tracks come and go but the ones that seem to do the best are ones that dont have the overhead( RENT ). for example peoria and st. louis are two of the best clubs in the midwest and are park district tracks.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

If your thinking about going the park district route talk to Naperville Hobbies. I know they have been in contact with the town of Naperville and West Chicago. They want an outdoor track though, its a challenge to compete indoors with LH.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I`d definetely be interested along with 4-6 others . If you need help let me know as I`m only an hour away .

As far a racing being a little low , guess you haven`t been to LH lately ? They had 80 racers Saturday night for electric which is a big difference from 20 a month or so ago . Besides there are some people that are intimidated to race at LH .

Last edited by Briguy; 11-18-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

you build it and I will come
i could probably add 2-3 more
Old 11-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

nice facility, good people, fun track = racers
you have those and racers will come
I travel 1hr to newberrys in Orion, 11/2 hrs to L.H, and 1hr to RCR in peoria, I'm always looking for new places especially indoors
Old 11-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I'd come for sure. I think it is very important to have good ventilation, pit space and a good dirt for racing surface. Then they will come. Annd well organized!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

also a good lap counting system is important. ie: AMB. also a good dirt for indoors is also needed. In order for a track to suceed it takes ALOT of work from everyone. yes some ppl. do not like to go to LH as alot of ppl. their think there sh1t dont stink. I am not the fastest by ANY means but I am competitive enough to run with some of the "sponsered" guys at LH that are more or less hacks that think they are fast by jumping the tubes or wreaking ya to get ahead of you. which is why I only go to a few of the bigger races there.

BACK ON TOPIC

yes I would like to race at more places I run at newberrys every weekend and get to extreme RC in evansdale IA a few times a year. good ppl.and fun racing is what its all about.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blktransam
also a good lap counting system is important. ie: AMB. also a good dirt for indoors is also needed. In order for a track to suceed it takes ALOT of work from everyone. yes some ppl. do not like to go to LH as alot of ppl. their think there sh1t dont stink. I am not the fastest by ANY means but I am competitive enough to run with some of the "sponsered" guys at LH that are more or less hacks that think they are fast by jumping the tubes or wreaking ya to get ahead of you. which is why I only go to a few of the bigger races there.

BACK ON TOPIC

yes I would like to race at more places I run at newberrys every weekend and get to extreme RC in evansdale IA a few times a year. good ppl.and fun racing is what its all about.
some of us "sponsered drivers"help alot of people get the most out of this hobby and i only think trans ams stink!lol
Old 11-19-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ya OK...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.