R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #31
Tech Elite
 
speedy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,733
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I stay with the OCM evo
I am just building a evo pro spec 2009 de luxe
with the new parts and my set-up
it should rock..
just wanted to know how the d8 is performing
especialy how it jumps
__________________
//JQ The Car forever/ Soar //Protek-Ace-JR

Last edited by speedy2; 11-21-2008 at 04:13 AM.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #32
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somwhere in the darkest corners of your mind!!
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Just a little note for everyone that is all talking the D8 up. The D8 you will buy from the store isnt the D8 that Hara won with, nor the one that Alsop will drive. Plain and simple. Now dont take that as say anything bad about the D8, just stating facts. The MP9 would be my choice. That cars drive train is smooth as they come. Kyoshos attention to detail is unmatched. The price tag is worth it. It is top of the line out of the box, nothing extra needed to make it competive. Just my 2 cents.
__________________
Who needs sponsors when you are me!!

Sorry about your damn luck!!!
DWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #33
D8
Tech Master
 
D8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East from ATL,GA
Posts: 1,285
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hara's D8 had a light chassis and two cnc drivecups for center cvd's, taller rear tower with the lighting evo2 buggy longer shocks and some titanium pins and rods. the other three D8's in the worlds final were pretty much stock or maybe some titanium pins on Tessmann car .. the D8 that Hara used at the Japanese champ race had the light chassis, the same two cnc drivecups and some titanium pins/screws, the rear tower and shocks were stock... the D8's that Tessmann,Roberds and Amezcua run at every race are pretty much stock buggies with minimal changes and they still run at the front pac all the time.. the D8 that Tessmann ran at Thunder Alley only had two cnc drivecups and some titanium pins and maybe steering rods.. nothing extra needed to make it competive. Just my 2 cents
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:13 AM   #34
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somwhere in the darkest corners of your mind!!
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
Hara's D8 had a light chassis and two cnc drivecups for center cvd's, taller rear tower with the lighting evo2 buggy longer shocks and some titanium pins and rods. the other three D8's in the worlds final were pretty much stock or maybe some titanium pins on Tessmann car .. the D8 that Hara used at the Japanese champ race had the light chassis, the same two cnc drivecups and some titanium pins/screws, the rear tower and shocks were stock... the D8's that Tessmann,Roberds and Amezcua run at every race are pretty much stock buggies with minimal changes and they still run at the front pac all the time.. the D8 that Tessmann ran at Thunder Alley only had two cnc drivecups and some titanium pins and maybe steering rods.. nothing extra needed to make it competive. Just my 2 cents
Well thanks for the not needed run down. Love the fact that you said a couple of times through your post what were the words? Pretty much, I think . Wow some very thought provocing statments. Might I ask how do you happen to have all these facts. Oh and you wouldnt be alittle bias would you D8? But Im not trying to bet into a battle of words. Either way as I said not the car you can buy from the store. And by the time you change the parts out you are back up there in price. Would you like your change back?
__________________
Who needs sponsors when you are me!!

Sorry about your damn luck!!!
DWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:38 AM   #35
Tech Elite
 
speedy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,733
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

all is relative ....
tess and jesse are running the D8 stock
unless the driveshaft problem
it would have been a without any problems kit first off

a friend of mine is a big name with many years of experience
right now he is doing a complete review of the MP9
and he told me : "don't buy a mp9, rather buy a mbx6 like me, I have seen to much already with the mp9 " ... not willing to give any clues why..
but it's true, it seems to have all you need out of the box
and looks like a real racing machine
__________________
//JQ The Car forever/ Soar //Protek-Ace-JR

Last edited by speedy2; 11-21-2008 at 04:17 AM.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:51 AM   #36
D8
Tech Master
 
D8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East from ATL,GA
Posts: 1,285
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWood View Post
Well thanks for the not needed run down. Love the fact that you said a couple of times through your post what were the words? Pretty much, I think . Wow some very thought provocing statments. Might I ask how do you happen to have all these facts. Oh and you wouldnt be alittle bias would you D8? But Im not trying to bet into a battle of words. Either way as I said not the car you can buy from the store. And by the time you change the parts out you are back up there in price. Would you like your change back?
relax Jack!!! how do I know the information?? easy.. the team drivers post their information in the New Hot Bodies D8 thread, we ask and they reply
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #37
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coral gables, Florida
Posts: 1,265
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene
Default

Someone should crap inside dwoods cap when he's not looking .
__________________
RC America - Team X-Ray - Maxys Fuel
infanterene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #38
Tech Elite
 
markhat250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,051
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

I've driven a lot of them, and it's already been said, but I'll say it again...........

TRACK SUPPORT and LHS SUPPORT.

Took me a while from seeing all these "other" cool cars untill I finally realized you gotta get what people are racing at your track. It makes racing soooo much easier. You may not be the "cool guy" with the "different" car, but abandon that theory quick.

My track is predominantly Losi and Associated. A few Jammins and D8's in the mix too. I own an 8ight-e and an RC8.
markhat250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #39
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

That works for me. I race at the "Nitro Pit" There are over 200 regular racers, and every Buggy/Truggy on the market is on the track, and soon to be stocked in the affiliated near by Hobby shop! God I love Arizona! 365 days of Nitro action!!
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #40
D8
Tech Master
 
D8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East from ATL,GA
Posts: 1,285
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Jaz240... I have got to make it to the Nitro Pit one of this days, and when I do I will let you know so I can stay in your garage and drink some beer... lol
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #41
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Love to have you Carlos. I also have a spare bedroom, so you don't have to pay for Hotels, and my wife's a great cook!
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #42
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhat250 View Post
I've driven a lot of them, and it's already been said, but I'll say it again...........

TRACK SUPPORT and LHS SUPPORT.

Took me a while from seeing all these "other" cool cars untill I finally realized you gotta get what people are racing at your track. It makes racing soooo much easier. You may not be the "cool guy" with the "different" car, but abandon that theory quick.

My track is predominantly Losi and Associated. A few Jammins and D8's in the mix too. I own an 8ight-e and an RC8.
The ppl at my track run Bazooka's off of ebay, but myself I run the MBX6... because I dont like the Bazooka.. they seem to break. As for help i have the xray setup book.
FactoryTeam08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #43
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08 View Post
The ppl at my track run Bazooka's off of ebay, but myself I run the MBX6... because I dont like the Bazooka.. they seem to break. As for help i have the xray setup book.
Bazooka's! E-gads! Those ore only good for blowing up tanks
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #44
D8
Tech Master
 
D8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East from ATL,GA
Posts: 1,285
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Love to have you Carlos. I also have a spare bedroom, so you don't have to pay for Hotels, and my wife's a great cook!
excellent!!! I will let you know then... how is the 808 machine doing?
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #45
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
excellent!!! I will let you know then... how is the 808 machine doing?
Lovin the 808, I'm hooked on XRAY for life. I even got a partial sponsorship from an On-line XRAY dealer. Not a driving sponsorship. I help them with their web-site, and they give me Kits and parts at cost, for HUDY and XRAY stuff.

Send me a PM when your ready to come out. I'll hit you back with my phone Number, so we can make all the arrangements. I'll even come and get ya at the airport. Peace, James
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mp9 compared to other buggys!!!!! didrace Nitro Off-Road 7 02-07-2009 12:11 PM
Is my buggy still competitive? SoHotRightNow Nitro Off-Road 13 01-15-2009 10:41 PM
Kyosho MP9 compared to Hot Bodies D8 xpertpredator Nitro Off-Road 121 12-23-2008 03:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:54 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net