Wiki Posts
Search

Which fuel is best and why??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WE ship gals and qts!!!!!!!!!!!

Give Cold Fusion a try you wont be disappoinred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold Fusion = cooler temps
Old 11-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coldfusionfuel1
WE ship gals and qts!!!!!!!!!!!

Give Cold Fusion a try you wont be disappoinred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold Fusion = cooler temps
Haha I think I'm going to because my Hobbytown has it in stock...I'm in Tallahassee. I'll be picking up a new gallon this week...We'll see if its Cold Fusion haha.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpalessi
This is the best fuel.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...mods-fuel.html

Why: Cause of countless hours of R&D in the lab, and on the track.
EB Mods didn't just make a phone call and slap a sticker on it.. like most of all the other fuels on the market.
and can you say power runtime and temps drop to
Old 11-14-2008, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Yes I can!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Reevo,

Come to the Valdosta race,

I will be making fuel today, FRESHEST in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey coldfusion you could always send me a free quart...I can give you my shipping address. Then I'll come on here and brag about how good it is after I try it.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:11 AM
AE

Nitrotane. Best mileage, best power, and consistent from batch to batch.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
This is the best fuel.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...mods-fuel.html

Why: Cause of countless hours of R&D in the lab, and on the track.
EB Mods didn't just make a phone call and slap a sticker on it.. like most of all the other fuels on the market.

Not saying your wrong but most of your larger makers do that very same thing. There is no "best" fuel. There is some better than others and some bad fuels but a lot of good ones. Some of these guys even blend in house in a huge facility. I doubt they just toss a sticker and throw some oil in. Some have a lot of money to put into R&D and outsource it. Sometimes you get a little guy who has a great product. I think it's neat.

I would however like to see the facts/sheets of the EB fuel putting down more power than anything else. Would be interesting to actually see.

I have ran two brands of fuel produced by the same maker of the eb fuel. I would hope(I personally think he would) he had more input in the fuel/oil package.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dyno Dan
Nitrotane. Best mileage, best power, and consistent from batch to batch.
I'll agree. My two favs are Nitrotane and Byron's. I have actually tested fuel and of the fuels I have ran I have gotten the best temps, power, runtime, wear and tear on the Nitrotane.

In my research lab(lol) I have byrons, nitrotane, maxy, tilted, and TQ. The Tilted and TQ ran almost exactly the same for me and did not have to move needles fuel to fuel. Best power and runtime came from Nitrotane by a good bit. Some may not believe but I have gone just seconds shy of 14 minutes in a buggy with a grp tuned .21. Back to back to back. Many guys watched this unfold. At the sidewinder race I was going 11 minutes with a minute or more left in the tank. I like it As for life span...I race a lot and have a couple motors with 4 plus gallons so far on them and going good. For me, at about that point I start getting a new one going anyways. But I think for the conditions they would/will go a few more gallons.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Not saying your wrong but most of your larger makers do that very same thing. There is no "best" fuel. There is some better than others and some bad fuels but a lot of good ones. Some of these guys even blend in house in a huge facility. I doubt they just toss a sticker and throw some oil in. Some have a lot of money to put into R&D and outsource it. Sometimes you get a little guy who has a great product. I think it's neat.

I would however like to see the facts/sheets of the EB fuel putting down more power than anything else. Would be interesting to actually see.

I have ran two brands of fuel produced by the same maker of the eb fuel. I would hope(I personally think he would) he had more input in the fuel/oil package.
from nitrotan to eb mod i did not touch my tune and it had more balls and ran 15 dec cooler
Old 11-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idproduct=4092

One thing very clear in the Nitrotane is the lower acidity levels than some other fuels. This helps with bearings and plugs. Sometimes you will look in your engine and notice the crank has turned colors or has "rust' looking spots on it, same with bearings. Thats what the ingredients in this fuel help.

Most companies use a China(overseas) based nitromethane that is a lower quality where Nitrotane uses American made(USA) Nitromethane. This is with VP Fuels. That's why it was not a real big deal with Nitrotane during the posssible fuel shortage Nitrotane blend came from the USA.

The oil package is very good and clean burning, this to very evident once looking at your engine.

Sometimes it's hard to find out, but it's the little things that make a difference.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idproduct=4092
Most companies use a China(overseas) based nitromethane that is a lower quality where Nitrotane uses American made(USA) Nitromethane. This is with VP Fuels. That's why it was not a real big deal with Nitrotane during the posssible fuel shortage Nitrotane blend came from the USA.
That's not what the owners of the hobby shops I use was told and not what they told me. When they ran out of Nitrotane it was after the Olympics when they finally was able to get any.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

I think they just told you a blanket statement Will. I have pretty good sources and during that time Nitrotane was never out of stock with horizon. I know that for a fact.

I'm not suprised the shop told you that. But it was never out of stock, not even close.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll agree. My two favs are Nitrotane and Byron's. I have actually tested fuel and of the fuels I have ran I have gotten the best temps, power, runtime, wear and tear on the Nitrotane.

In my research lab(lol) I have byrons, nitrotane, maxy, tilted, and TQ. The Tilted and TQ ran almost exactly the same for me and did not have to move needles fuel to fuel. Best power and runtime came from Nitrotane by a good bit. Some may not believe but I have gone just seconds shy of 14 minutes in a buggy with a grp tuned .21. Back to back to back. Many guys watched this unfold. At the sidewinder race I was going 11 minutes with a minute or more left in the tank. I like it As for life span...I race a lot and have a couple motors with 4 plus gallons so far on them and going good. For me, at about that point I start getting a new one going anyways. But I think for the conditions they would/will go a few more gallons.

Please come to the Dalton race this Saturday, you can tune my motor to get 9 min i'll be happy.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Byrons Gen2000 20% Race Blend. It tastes DELICIOUS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.