R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Same price as a racing 1/8 buggy lol difference is one is a race car one is a big toy I've seen them at a local track they jump like a messed up gas truck and break just as easy he landed flat and broke a front steering spindle now if it was 700 thats a good price for a toy but 1200 yeah right you can almost get a running real car for that.
If your spending 1200 on your real daily driver then I don't know why your commenting on the 1/5th scale baja because you can't afford one. As far as the track's rc's these size need more of a corr size track that has wider lanes and bigger run up's to jumps. As far as durability if you don't own one, these forums are full of people who are experts because they saw one one time
WideOpenThrottle RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmartin View Post
If your spending 1200 on your real daily driver then I don't know why your commenting on the 1/5th scale baja because you can't afford one. As far as the track's rc's these size need more of a corr size track that has wider lanes and bigger run up's to jumps. As far as durability if you don't own one, these forums are full of people who are experts because they saw one one time
Haha...Some people don't find it fun to lug around a slow 2wd 50lb RC car...Don't even know where I'd put that in my car.

And what are you doing in Nitro offroad anyways?? Last time I checked the 5T/5B run on gasoline!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:23 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I hate the sound of the engines, personally. If it's anything like a regular Baja, I have no interest whatsoever. I found out the hard way($1500+) that I didn't like large scale.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #19
Tech Master

I own a 5B & can say its easily more fun per $ than any of my other cars. I dont drive it much any more because its not intended to run on a 1/8 track & if your simple minded enough to compair it to an 1/8 scale on a 1/8 scale track you would also say a 747 is totaly useless & wast of money because a corvette would out handle it on a runway. Get a clue or better yet get a Baja before you call yourself qualified to talk smack.

When I was buying for the Baja I bought here.
http://www.davesmotors.com/site/index.html
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote