Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Anyone running Picco EVO 2 P7R..come in.... >

Anyone running Picco EVO 2 P7R..come in....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone running Picco EVO 2 P7R..come in....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
CAR
Tech Addict

Has anyone run the EVO2 VS the EVO3 ? How do they compare?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

.4mm or 16k worth of shims is what I run in my P7Rs as well and have found to work very well on 30%. My 2 cents
Old 11-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Maximo
yes...you are very lucky your motor survived running with that few head shims, whoever sold you the motor should be slapped !!!
X2....and show him the pitting (if its a buddy) and see what he says.....id be Pissed if some one sold me a motor they already smucked up.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well good when i get home i will take out the .1 and add the .2mm and maybe in the next week or so i will buy a turbo head button. But for now i will just add a shim and change to a hotter plug like a McCoy MC-8, any other suggestions on what plug to run?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Integra
X2....and show him the pitting (if its a buddy) and see what he says.....id be Pissed if some one sold me a motor they already smucked up.
Indeed. As with these engines is cheaper to just buy a new one then to replace a P/S set with rod AND a head button if its all pitted up... And while ur in there u might as well replace the bearings too...
Old 11-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

I have found a medium heat range plug to work well all around. And sometimes I actually run a cool plug in these mills... From my experience they dont like as hot of a plug as say a Vspec does. Of course dyno tested and on car testing.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
I have found a medium heat range plug to work well all around. And sometimes I actually run a cool plug in these mills... From my experience they dont like as hot of a plug as say a Vspec does. Of course dyno tested and on car testing.
I agree !

however they do like a hotter plug at higher elevations or cold climates....i run the OFNA Med/Hot Turbo they sell for the JLR .12 and it seems pretty balanced in almost all conditions.... during our hot humid summer tho i think we ran just Mediums....
Old 11-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integra
I bought it from my LHS and it was a consignment deal where someone else owend it and they just sold it for them, and this motor came on a RC8 roller that i bought as well.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Maximo
I agree !

however they do like a hotter plug at higher elevations or cold climates....i run the OFNA Med/Hot Turbo they sell for the JLR .12 and it seems pretty balanced in almost all conditions.... during our hot humid summer tho i think we ran just Mediums....

I live in Dallas Tx which its perfect weather around here now highs in the low 70's and lows in the 40's. And i am plan on club racing once i get this tunning problem figured out and its indoor facility so we can race year round. And i have been trying to tune with a MC-9 plug and it has gotten me no where. It may be a good plug when it gets back to summer heat but now its not working. Will any OS plugs work? I know alot of my LHS carry OS plugs.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TXRC8racer
I live in Dallas Tx which its perfect weather around here now highs in the low 70's and lows in the 40's. And i am plan on club racing once i get this tunning problem figured out and its indoor facility so we can race year round. And i have been trying to tune with a MC-9 plug and it has gotten me no where. It may be a good plug when it gets back to summer heat but now its not working. Will any OS plugs work? I know alot of my LHS carry OS plugs.
The only way you ever got away with the 9 was running 30% in the pure heat of summer with the engine shimmed too low probably...

At any rate; find pretty much anyone's "medium" heat range plug and you'll have a better chance. I don't know if OS makes a "proper" length plug; I know the OS 8 or A3 is a "short" body plug; but it WILL run ok, but it is about a thread and a half too short.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok fellas i think i found the problem with the whole engine tunning thing, i was tearing down the motor tonight to put the extra shim in and i said heck i wanna try to see what it takes to replace the bearings, well i pulled the back plate off and shoot some cleaner in there and blew it out with air and inspected the con rod and crankshaft and noticed the play in the con rod and the pin on the crankshaft it was not a little its quite a bit of play prolly a couple of thousanths and the con rod was a little egg shaped. Well i called a good friend of mine and hew said this will cause my tuning problems!!

So i guess a new engine on the way!!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Revisit the new P7 Evo 3...

Runs spectacular all around, great mileage, super easy to tune and has a nicer pull/more torque than a Nova 215K.

I like mine with a Jammin' JP3 pipe for most tracks.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TXRC8racer
Ok fellas i think i found the problem with the whole engine tunning thing, i was tearing down the motor tonight to put the extra shim in and i said heck i wanna try to see what it takes to replace the bearings, well i pulled the back plate off and shoot some cleaner in there and blew it out with air and inspected the con rod and crankshaft and noticed the play in the con rod and the pin on the crankshaft it was not a little its quite a bit of play prolly a couple of thousanths and the con rod was a little egg shaped. Well i called a good friend of mine and hew said this will cause my tuning problems!!

So i guess a new engine on the way!!
Ahh thats never a good feeling to look inside your engine and see the damage.... But hey its always a good thing to get a new engine!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

So im in a debate now of which mill to buy!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Why not grab up another P7R and have it done up right this time? There great proven engines that will last a long time if properly maintained and also wont cost you an arm and a leg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.