R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-11-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Questions?? Nitro Engine Analysis Software Has Anyone Used it? Links how to mod a nito engine

Has anyone ever heard of this nitro engine analysis software? It seems a little hokey to me?

http://engine-analysis-software.com/

Does anyone have any good links on DIY off road nitro engine modding? I have done head work on 4 strokes and port and polish jobs on stroke dirt bikes but before I try a nitro engine I would like to educate myself. What I am really looking for is pictures of modded GRPs' or Mr. Ninjas?
robbdny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

Default Engine Analysis Software

Robbdny:

Since I am the author of this software I can answer your questions.

I would urge you to visit http://engine-analysis-software.com/past.htm and look at the articles that I have written over several years about all kind of things rc engine related.

As for the software, it is a tool, not a magic box. It will take measurements from the top of liner of the engine to the top of the piston and convert to degrees for all the ports, the intake system, etc. It allows you to document a great engine or duplicate a great engine that someone else has inputted. It has several other modules in it to design head buttons, tuned pipes, etc. The software comes with a lot of great engines documented and I always help others with specific questions about their engine. This is a tool that the serious racer should have and WILL elevate your performance a ton.

I always put it on sale for Christmas so the Wife's can get it for their hobby husband. I will put it up in the next few days at $74.95. The only thing you need to do to get this special offer is to input christmas2008.

I am getting ready to provide a manuscript to the National Free Flight
Society's annual Symposium about the software and its use.

I would be happy to answer your specific questions if you wish.

Marty Davis
MartenDavis is offline   Reply With Quote