Wiki Posts
Search

RC BODZ is a CLOWN!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
Go ahead turn him in sure they will close his account but then he turns around opens a new one does the samething. Theres a bunch of guys on mustangII website dealing with a guy who has changed names atleast 6 times and still ripping poeple off. HERE'S the kicker part the guy is a sherriff depute.

I will not buy from Ebay since they let poeple who rip off others letting them reopen new account under differernt seller name.
im talkin about paypal... paypal makes it very difficult to use your real name ss#, bank acc, ect..

ppl talkin about paint being to expensive... i agree! wraps i think are the way to go. they last longer, and don't get scratched from the inside like paint. better bang for your bux! check out this site: http://www.fastlane-graphix.com/
Old 11-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

$100.00 is a fair price with the body, masking, paint, talent, time spraying and shipping. I think most painters are under paid. I have no problem paying that for good quality work. I've been using Pyrograffix and he has been great to deal with and his work is killer.

I wish I found him or some of the great painters on this site first before the Scammer DOUG SUMMERS from RC Bodz.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

check out Mike at: Czech-it-Out Graphics. i don't think he has a site, but he does some awesome work! you can contact him here

http://tilted1.com/cgi-bin/1.4.9e/pw...onf=community3
Old 11-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pinky2252s
6 bodies for 600 dollars?!!!!!
Have you seen the bodies? They are works of art, too bad the seller is a tool though.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Good luck with this. I have heard bad things about this guy before.

Check out Rolly at RC3. He is on the painting forum. He has painted my last 6 or 7 bodies and they have been great.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

his bodies are actually $300 each. thats because for every three bodies he sells, he only ships one. i have heard stories if him pulling this crap for years now. i am sure karma will catch up with him eventually.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i guess he has to find a way to support his habits.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

also look at W.E.D and bradley fine line designs. i have used both and they have good turn around and priced right.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

He must have one hell of a habit. I just did another google search of Doug Summerd RC Bodz, DAMN!!!!! Everything I found is forums and posts warning against this dude. $400, $300, $500 etc. He is makin a killing f*&^ing people. I'm gonna post all this on Neo-Buggy and S-Grid too.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Bodz has fantastic talent when it comes to paint. I heard of people waiting for months to get anything, but its worth it once you get it from what i have heard.

Also, i tend to agree when it comes to wraps! the place i have been going to get ALL my RC gear wrapped with excellent quality is Upgrade-rc...

i am pretty much over getting my stuff painted, the wait is too long, however, if i wanted anything painted i usually go to an individual who doesnt paint RC stuff anymore, but his paint shcemes are unreal as well. i still have a couple o flids he painted for me, looks absolutely killer.

but wraps are way easy for sure. this is my most recent wrap i did for my MBX6, still looks great after a couple of outings.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
He must have one hell of a habit. I just did another google search of Doug Summerd RC Bodz, DAMN!!!!! Everything I found is forums and posts warning against this dude. $400, $300, $500 etc. He is makin a killing f*&^ing people. I'm gonna post all this on Neo-Buggy and S-Grid too.
I am sorry to say that that has already been posted on S Grid among other sites.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the tip. BTW I recommend Jim of WED. He did this for me :

professional

based on my own feeble scheme :

non painter - me

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 11-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

I just checked out the Fast-lane graphix site and thread and his work is Killer!!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Not to knock anybody but, cripes! I just saw some of the bodies the guy is selling on ebay and there's absolutely nothing there I would buy. Let alone pay 100 bucks for. Looks amateurish. Each body is masked basically the same way and they all have an almost identical scheme. It's more like production line than custom. That guy's definitely making more than minimum wage.

That'll be 2¢.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Just don't let that guy sour you on other painters. There are many out there that are very reliable and honest. #1 mistake...... you found the guy on ebay. If a painter doesn't have a web site of some sort, it's Buyer Beware.

$100 shipped is a great deal on a body considering the painter probably has $50 in the body and materials. Not to mention the 4-8 hours in work. Must have been a bulk discount on 6. I have seen painters like ADRacing and TKCustoms charge upwards of $250 for a shell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.