R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:21 AM   #181
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Qmartin;5188795]If you think Paypal is out to help out cheated buyers and sellers have a look at this...

http://www.paypalwarning.com/paypal_is_a_joke

QUOTE]

I am by no means a fan of paypal, but before anyone takes this to heart please be aware this guy is clearing trying to market his own product.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm sorry to here that guys want a nice looking body to go with their ride and drop some good dollars to some painter and they shaft them, I myself paint localy in my area and i always thought E-bay was a risky thing I wanted to get my name out there across the world and get noticed but from I've seen from painters in the past they take up too much work get the dollars spend that money and burn themselves out and don't want to paint but yet are spending your money for thier fun. To me I do the work for my locals and don't get paid till the work is done and don't overload my self with the work cuzz it like to do other things in my life and they understand, but this RC Bodz guy will not get my vote if someone is looking for a body on E-bay and I've seen his bodies around my tracks, it's just too bad he can't keep it within his window of work. And this thread will continue to grow because there are other people right now being scammed out of there dollars, so spread the word at the tracks and hobby stores if you want to keep him off the map.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #183
Tech Addict

R2....you said it all. Pefect!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #184
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

BUMP!!! Keep this post going until this guy feels it!!! He scammed me out of 200.00
=============================
HotBodies Ve8|8ight-T 2.0|www.BCRCS.org|RC SignUp|JAB Graphix|PhatSkeemz|
Old 12-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #185
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

i hate paypal as well but that warning seems like a way to promote another financial onliner service provider, a advertisement??
Old 12-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #186
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I'll say it again, and again until everyone reads it...Keep your money local!!! Its always better to be able to go knock on someone's door and say where the hell is my money?!?!?!?!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #187
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I'll say it again, and again until everyone reads it...Keep your money local!!! Its always better to be able to go knock on someone's door and say where the hell is my money?!?!?!?!

True. I have mine in my trailer. $5 can of Blue Tamiya paint and a $25 dollar body is cheaper and less headaches than $100+/- body that I usually break in the first heat. If it looks like a dump truck and drives like a dump truck... it might be a dump truck LOL I used to spend the money to get bodies painted, but with the cost of everything else, I have to draw the line somewhere. Kudos to you that do, though.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:59 AM   #188
Tech Addict

Mike, you are gonna tear up bodies when you hit walls, poles, fences, drivers stands, piping, lots of cars and turn marshall's. Keep it in the pipes and you would be alright

I am amazed at how many people are posting their trouble with Doug "The Looser" Summers. Just on the thread alone it is adding up to thousands!!! PLease keep this going whereever you guys can.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:27 AM   #189
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mracer View Post
True. I have mine in my trailer. $5 can of Blue Tamiya paint and a $25 dollar body is cheaper and less headaches than $100+/- body that I usually break in the first heat. If it looks like a dump truck and drives like a dump truck... it might be a dump truck LOL I used to spend the money to get bodies painted, but with the cost of everything else, I have to draw the line somewhere. Kudos to you that do, though.

You aint kidding!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:18 PM   #190
Tech Apprentice

Default RCBODZ SHAFTED ME!!!

I was just ripped off for almost 200.00 dollars and it hurt me bad. Paypal says I had 45 days to file a claim against him and at this point I am screwed.

Last edited by coolrunnings; 12-28-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #191
Tech Addict

Man i remember seeing this guys work like a year ago, i only know of one other painter that can touch his work, this guy has TONS of talent, sorry to see all of you guys having such experience.

I always knew it took a while to get anything from him, but i heard you do get something, but it took time. I also heard he wasn't painting for the masses anymore back then, and maybe this is why.
Tonys Screws- Keeps you from getting screwed
Byrons Fuel- Makes the RC world go round
Old 12-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #192
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Man i remember seeing this guys work like a year ago, i only know of one other painter that can touch his work, this guy has TONS of talent, sorry to see all of you guys having such experience.

I always knew it took a while to get anything from him, but i heard you do get something, but it took time. I also heard he wasn't painting for the masses anymore back then, and maybe this is why.
Honestly, ANY good painter can duplicate another's work - the talent level of most of these folks is amazing BUT there are lots and lots of high quality painters these days - and though imitation is the sincerest form of flattery; it's certainly possible to be copied.

I hate to be the 'old guy who repeats himself' BUT, I will!

Guys, guys, guys...... (in my most fatherly tone!)

The solution to this is so freakin simple!

DO NOT BUY FROM DOUG OR HIS COMPANY!

It's truthfully NOT any more complicated then that - it's NOT your job or MINE to set up 'stings' or try to trap this doofus - JUST hold onto your money and work with a reputable painter like WED Jim, Clint's Creations or Nemo! Any good painter can 'adapt' the Bodz designes if that's what you want but the bottom line is any transaction you would initiate with this clown carries risk of loosing your money - and let's face it, very few have extra that they can afford to loose!

I'm NOT being argumentative here - it's SAD that this clown has taken a bunch of you for your hard earned bucks and hopefully some resolution can be found for you BUT he can't 'get' you if you don't do business with him!
12-17-2008 06:20 PM

Old 12-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #193
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

[QUOTE=SPEEDSKI;5205040]Mike, you are gonna tear up bodies when you hit walls, poles, fences, drivers stands, piping, lots of cars and turn marshall's. Keep it in the pipes and you would be alright

I know. I am lucky I have not killed any animals or small children. Seems like I hit everything. I just got burned by having something painted and the second time I run it in cold weather the body snaps in half. It was noone's or nothing's fault but my own. A lot of these paint jobs are works of art.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #194
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

well i just got word that someone at my track just got stiffed by this RC Bodz guy. it was a friend of mine buying a body for his sons mbx6. he was trying to buy it for him for christmas because he bought his son a brand new mugen.

he bought the body in mid november and has yet to receive the body. this guy is a real clown, especially since so many people have complaints about this guy.

he shouldn't be able to use ebay, especially since there are so many negative comments about him.

its just to bad.
BCE Design
Bodies By Scott
Lungsford Titantium
M2C Racing
Old 12-24-2008, 08:32 PM   #195
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Revo-daddy;5201507]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmartin View Post
If you think Paypal is out to help out cheated buyers and sellers have a look at this...

http://www.paypalwarning.com/paypal_is_a_joke

QUOTE]

I am by no means a fan of paypal, but before anyone takes this to heart please be aware this guy is clearing trying to market his own product.
that sounds good to me. I am going to look into it more. I have had some problems with paypal too.
Closed Thread