R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEN_RACING View Post
hi guys!

would any body know the actual weight difference between the mbx-6 and CL1 advanced plus?

according to their respective websites, the difference is only about 200 grams. That figure seems to me to be a little small...

i will be using the cl-1 in the near future
if i am thinking right (30g=1oz?) that is about 6.5oz that would be huge. the 8 2.0 is only 2oz lighter than the first one, i think i read Drake posted it on here, it would be hard for me to believe one weighs almost half a pound more.......
BAUSTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The D8 is noticably heavy out of the box. The chassis is 4mm and comes with no machine work to lighten it and the arms are solid.

Ive seen them on the track and they (D8) looks awesome untill it gets into the rough stuff. One of the fastest local guys bought one and he could run a faster lap with it but overall his times were really close to his other car because he would wreck more often in the rougher parts of the track.

I drove a MBX6 this weekend and I thought it pushed pretty badly compared to my car but I guess it could have just been the guys set-up or even his radio.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Ok you guys got me leaning toward the GS Cl-1 AD
Tcaputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The rough stuff is where I think my D8 is best! It seems to be very stable and like to be pushed harder.
x195svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 AM   #35

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

good luck with parts and support for anythin GS.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:55 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

for parts AMAIN HOBBIES IS YOUR BEST bet as they are the main US dist for GS
Old 11-12-2008, 09:50 AM   #37
Tech Regular

Yeah parts is a concern but im getting alot of buggy for the price i think... so its a damn if i do damned if i dont kinda deal. and LHS support would be nice ... would be really nice...
Tcaputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

amain hobbies has the gs advanced for 259.99 i know its not the plus but thats a nice price.
yeaklet4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Don't dabble in whats the best buggy buy the one you like or end up buying 2 buggys. The one you settled for and the one you really liked. Any of the above mention buggys are great and will perform quite well in the right hands.

If I here another woulda coulda should argument about the worlds. I think I'm going to puke. I was there and the right buggy and driver won. Hara ran well all week and took home the win. If any thing Truhe and the Losi woulda coulda shoulda if the turn marshall didnt take forever to get him up and going. It was someones kid why a child is turn marshalling at the worlds I will never know. Keep in mind he lost by one second. However even me a Losi driver thinks the right buggy and driver one in the end.

Have you looked at the losi 1.0 on A main $349 and its still a great buggy. Don't believe the latest and greatest hype. It's not like they reinvented the wheel. The 777WC, MBX5R, 8BEC and losi can all be had for cheap parts will be readily available for years to come. The best thing everyone already knows all there quirks and cheap fixes. The newer buggys have just as many issues as the ones before them and the ones before them and the ones after them will have issues as well. There is no perfect buggy only the one the makes you the happiest.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default cl-1

Actually Horizon Hobby is the main distributor for GS. They have every part all the time. If you cant find it at amain go to Horizon and type in gs in the search. I have never had a issue with parts when I ran the Advanced and the car just wont break, it's strong.
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote