Wiki Posts
Search

RB Concept C5 circit in Kyosho MP 777 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RB Concept C5 circit in Kyosho MP 777 Buggy

Hi Guy's

Just purchased a Kyosho MP 777 Buggy roller, needs engine, pipe & radio gear to run.
I currently own a RB Concept C5 .21 Circuit Engine (Out of my old Kyosho Evolva w/center-force clutch setup).
Has anyone run a 3 shoe buggy clutch and clutch bell on a .21 On Road engine (Intended for a center-force) in a 1:8 buggy?
Other than rotating the carburetor 180 deg, will i need to change the crankshaft?
I'm hoping this engine will be an easy fit.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

not sure but im thinking i read somewhere that on road motors dont have the tourqe that offroad motors have.. i would say if it has a standard sg shaft give it a whirl.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That engine will bolt right in. A 3 shoe clutch should fit on it without any problems.
You will be very surprised how well an on road engine will work. It will be nice and soft on the bottom end and be a screamer through the mid range and top end.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I don't know how it will work performance wise but it will bolt right in. Onroad and offroad motors are identical these days as far as bolt patterns and cranks go.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

it will work,i once had a c5 circut in my ofna gtp w/2speed using a standard 3 shoe clutch and it was faaast as hell.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks so much guys,

Ive dropped the RB C5c in the mp777 SP2. It fit like it was designed for it. mp777 SP2 flywheel and clutch fit perfect too. Runs strong. Let you guys know how it goes after i tune the gears a little. It's running a 13t clutch bell at the moment and is hitting it's power band in a matter of 2-3 meters but runs out of legs fast just goes nowhere and revvs hard if i peg it. I'm thinking about either 17-18 tooth clutch bell. This shoud hopefully utilise some more of the C5's cc's. Any ides??
Old 11-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

I had a Rody C5 on-road in my 8ight at one time and never liked it. Didn't have the bottom end snap that I like, even with trying diff clutch and pipe combos. And my local track is medium size so the motor can't stretch it's legs anyways. Your set-up might be ok with a big open track, but I think it's gona suffer in a small tight technical track.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Use a bottom end pipe such as a JP-1, and use Heavy clutch springs with super light aluminum shoes. This setup should get you some punch on the bottom. I'd probably run a 14 tooth bell on a K-car to let the motor hit its high RPM range quick, as thats where on-road motors make the power.