R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Chris O'donnell ceo power mods is a ripp off

This is how non-responsive problem all started with this note. A very simple request from me as u can see from my note below…
Hi Chris
I’m sending you my RB V.12 engine that I had a friend put a new sleeve & piston in it ($175) & it wouldn’t run rite..plz ck the bearings & replace if needed.since its all apart now I would like you to do any mods that would make it faster.ive included a new machined #7603 clutch nut & bolt if needed. Any ?s plz call.
This was on 5-19-08 I talked to him about a week later & he said he would get it done. I wanted to make sure he got it. Since then I have called many times & left messages have e-mailed him a bunch of times posted on RC web sites & talked with people that no him & said they would try & have him call me. I know he’s still around because people have seen him at off road events. This engine is my grandson’s that goes in his GT. He’s pretty disappointed that he hasn’t been able to run his truck all summer, since may.. I know he’s got a son & I wonder how he would like if he was treated this way. I was just getting him into RC racing & now he’s into other things. There goes another racer lost. There’s no excuse for it. I’ve given this guy every chance I could to reply but nothing.
If anybody can get a hold of his guy let me no so for now BEWARE of

Chris O’donnell from CEO POWER MODS he rips off people
dsl39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

That's a bummer! Thanks for the warning. Get the kid another engine, and if you get the first one back, you have a back-up
Old 11-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Now that is just flat out bull crap! Sounds like you need to take a road trip and go visit him face to face man!
Ride: AE TC4FT
Ride: Losi Slider
Radio:Airtronics M11/Spektrum
Dynamite, LRP, Pro Line, Novak, Avid Bearings
Peak, KingHeadz, Checkpoint.

"Racing is life, everything before or after is just waiting"
DaBiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ceo

There is always two sides to the story. I have had great luck with CEO
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

from what i have heard he is a good guy that does some pretty good work.. sorry for your trouble
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i also had great luck with ceo, until around march of this year, i sent him 2 engines out that he had modded that needed front bearings, i called for months wrote emails, never heard back from him, i ended up getting my engines back 4 months later with new bearings replaced, didnt charge me for anything, but i was with out the engines for 4 months and had no clue what was going on, he must be going through some family issues or something, he is actually a cool guy if you get to talk to him, i totally believe that happened to the person that posted this thread i had a similar experience my last time around, if you notice the place that sold his modded engines is no longer doing so, there must be a reason for this
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i forgot to add, i dont think he will rip you off, most likely he will make good on it, he isnt a theif by anymeans
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm1126 View Post
i forgot to add, i dont think he will rip you off, most likely he will make good on it, he isnt a theif by anymeans
with his good business relations with so many people i would think he would not
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

i will say one name only eb mods and never look back i never had a porblem with him
Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
i will say one name only eb mods and never look back i never had a porblem with him
Porkchop, first of all this gentleman is not looking for the opinions of others on who they think the best modder is, he is trying to find info on his engines, or letting people now his deal with CEO, he didn't say who should i go with next.

I understand you have business with Ed, and how that worked out with is not my business, but the resume you sent me was way off the wall, In one line of this email you sent ME was that you would be very proud to run RB MODDED engines, you first need to get squared away on who you want to represent in whatever way you do, and then read the first post, he is looking for help on how to get info on his grandson's engine.
615-838-5373
mugenb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenb46 View Post
Porkchop, first of all this gentleman is not looking for the opinions of others on who they think the best modder is, he is trying to find info on his engines, or letting people now his deal with CEO, he didn't say who should i go with next.

I understand you have business with Ed, and how that worked out with is not my business, but the resume you sent me was way off the wall, In one line of this email you sent ME was that you would be very proud to run RB MODDED engines, you first need to get squared away on who you want to represent in whatever way you do, and then read the first post, he is looking for help on how to get info on his grandson's engine.
i used to have ceo mod sec line in the office ic if i can find it. i know one my buddys has his cell phone ic if i can get the number
forget any emails i sent my deals squared away brain.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:49 PM   #12
Tech Lord

Quote:
i used to have ceo mod sec line in the office ic if i can find it. i know one my buddys has his cell phone ic if i can get the number
forget any emails i sent my deals squared away brain.
I have no clue who any of you are, or who is sponsored, and what not, but's that's a really crappy way to speak to someone you sent a resume to! I'm sure your current sponsors will not appreciate you being a dick, and I'm sure Brian is not happy about it either. You need to have a pleasant personality, and be helpful and friendly to everyone, if you hope to keep your sponsors.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I have no clue who any of you are, or who is sponsored, and what not, but's that's a really crappy way to speak to someone you sent a resume to! I'm sure your current sponsors will not appreciate you being a dick, and I'm sure Brian is not happy about it either. You need to have a pleasant personality, and be helpful and friendly to everyone, if you hope to keep your sponsors.
it was not ment to be a dick my computer had a brain fart and did not send emails then i found out and got them to send and they were all messed up so it as much fault as my computer for this i am sorry i did not mean to be a dick
Old 11-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Chop is a good guy deep down....he just needs a PC instead of his MAC.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #15
Tech Lord

Quote:
it was not ment to be a dick my computer had a brain fart and did not send emails then i found out and got them to send and they were all messed up so it as much fault as my computer for this i am sorry i did not mean to be a dick

telling Brian to forget about your contact with him because you found another sponsor is not very becoming dude. That quote had nothing to do with your computer errors..... One of the main things sponsors look for is your relationship with the public. Most of them don't even care how you drive, or if you win! They look for things like helpfulness, professionalism, friendliness, and things that will help sell their products. anyway, it's not my business, just some friendly advice....you have to pay attention to the way you talk to people if you hope to keep sponsors. Good luck