R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-19-2008, 12:48 AM   #46
Tin
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
He himself should be saying sorry Not one of his lackies(no pun intended).
I 2nd that.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

First thing is im not one of his LACKIES! I dont even race for him Im just a friend. Yes he should be but given his health and and what not and think he can.
Josh Pease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
I 2nd that.

Well let say that in Chris O'Donnell life sombody has a helath condition like say Cancer ( THIS IS JUST an EXAMPLE AND not TRUE) Do you really think he would have time to jump on a thread and defend himself?

Many people have stood up for Chris with good reviews of his work. I am sure that there are things the we do not know that are effecting his business.I understand this does not help those of you that are waiting for engines but if the shoe was on the other foot how would you feel

As a side not I did wait 4 months for engine and it is well worth it.

This is just mt $.02

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle View Post
Well let say that in Chris O'Donnell life sombody has a helath condition like say Cancer ( THIS IS JUST an EXAMPLE AND not TRUE) Do you really think he would have time to jump on a thread and defend himself?

Many people have stood up for Chris with good reviews of his work. I am sure that there are things the we do not know that are effecting his business.I understand this does not help those of you that are waiting for engines but if the shoe was on the other foot how would you feel

As a side not I did wait 4 months for engine and it is well worth it.

This is just mt $.02

Later
Kevin Boyle
There is NO defense for what he has done. I dont care if he is dying, he should not have accepted teh engines if he was not able to do teh work. Period.
I HATE crooks, and I own a business. I would NEVER let something like that happen.
And yes, if I was dying I would damn sure come on here and apoligize.
NO EXCUSE
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

wow that was a heartfelt comment.. how could everyone get ahold of him to send him engines but they cannot get ahold of him to inquire about them.. i am just asking because i do have a friend who was sponsored by him and i have never heard of this behavior..
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #51
Tin
Tech Apprentice

Yup, I run a business here and no matter what, I have to update my customers on whats going on with their cars when they request so. Thats just the responsibility of running a good business ,no matter what, unless im stuck in a place with no communication. Like what Jammin says, if he can accept orders, why cant he pick up a phone or just email his clients. How hard can it be?

Tin
Old 11-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #52
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I think that no matter what the situation is, his business is pretty much now ruined. At least all the people who visit RC tech forum will not send him any work. I hope he's ok, I really do, but what he's doing/did to people who sent him engines is unacceptable. There has to be a family member or friend who can help him in time of crisis to just do the right thing by the people he is obligated to.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
There is NO defense for what he has done. I dont care if he is dying, he should not have accepted teh engines if he was not able to do teh work. Period.
I HATE crooks, and I own a business. I would NEVER let something like that happen.
And yes, if I was dying I would damn sure come on here and apoligize.
NO EXCUSE
Until we walk a mile in somebody shoes we should not pass judgement... but hey that is just me

Later

Kevin
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #54
Tech Adept

Some of you guys are heartless. I know it must be frustrating not having your engine to run your toy car, but come on. Im not standing up for Chris, ive been in the exact same situation with having to wait and get my motors back from him. But if he, his wife, son, or whoever is close to him is sick then his business comes 2nd. I know it would for me. There will always be motors to mod but you cant bring someone back once they are gone. Im sure he will make everything right in the long run.
moto431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #55
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If he or someone is sick he should atleast send the motors he has back or not except any more till he can actually work on them. Accepting a engine to work on and not telling someone that it will be awhile till it can be worked on is bad buisness. He at the very least should warn people that he hasn't got much time to work on them. There is absolutly no excuse for him having a engine for 5 months!!!
x195svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #56
Tech Adept

Your right i there is no excuse for it. BUT, there are other ways to go about it. I wouldnt get on a website and bash someone. Everyone on this site has something to say when they shouldnt even be involved.
moto431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #57
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Moto431, I've raced with you before, your just a trouble maker anyways.

X-Ray 808 (Active Diff)
BCE 8X8 Pro Chassis
OS Speed (XCustoms Head Mod)
Hitec 5995TG (S&T)
M11 & Spectrum.
Steve Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto431 View Post
Your right i there is no excuse for it. BUT, there are other ways to go about it. I wouldnt get on a website and bash someone. Everyone on this site has something to say when they shouldnt even be involved.

Actually he probably saved someone a headache because they didn't send a engine to CEO only to have the same thing happen to them. As a consumer I'm glad he let us know about this problem. I wouldn't be able to afford to buy another 300+ dollar engine because a modder took my engine and never responded back to me.
x195svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:16 AM   #59
Tin
Tech Apprentice

I know its none of my business but thanks to this thread, I found out b4 sending my motor in. Its very fustrating not knowing whats going on. All they are asking is to know whats going on with their motor. A simple email or phone call. Well, wish the best to him or his beloved.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have read through the thread a few times now and don't know what to say that would be better news, other than to keep trying to get a hold of Chris.
I sent in a few motors to be looked at and it did take longer than I would have liked. My two I sent in, I was not in a great need of as I had a couple of back ups to run (not an option for all racers). The other one that got sent in belonged to a fellow racer and he did need to motor which was cause for a great ammount of distress to him. I understood that and told him to keep trying to get a hold of Chris to see what was going on. He made plenty of attempts, but couldn't run him down. I called some time after that and must have got lucky as I got him on the phone for just long enough to inquire about the three motors. Chris told me that he was getting them done and would have tham sent out.
I didn't ask as to when, but relayed the info to the fellow racer and while happy to know that his motor would be comming back, he had already went out and got another one to run. Fast forward a couple of weeks and out of the blue the motors were on the door setp. I looked in the box and found that my friends motor came with a new piston, sleeve, and rod. I thought it was a nice gesture on Chris's part, or my friends attempts had not gone forgotten as he thought.
I know that may not help in this case, but it was a relief to my friend to have his motor back. Turn around was close to three months and prior to that was usually a week or so depending on how busy Chris was. I never di really get the whole story from Chris as to why it took so long, but I didn't really ask either.

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote