Wiki Posts
Search

DE racing skidplates and bumpskids

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hugh_b
received my rear plates shipped to the UK about a week after i ordered them which is great. They fit like a glove and will hopefully do good job of protecting the chassis.
you are a lucky man
Old 11-16-2008, 02:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Do you have an agent over here in australia for the skid plates? if so can you please let me know who they are so i can get some for my 808!

How are the plates held on? i thought they may have used longer to sanwhich them between the chassis, but it looks like they sit over the screws and the holes are there to clear the bolts so you can get the diff out without removing the skid plates?!?

So does that mean they are glued on with double sided tape or something different?

Cheers
Old 11-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Tech5....Any luck with that email I sent you.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rcjunky, sorry for the delay. We are in the process of something for you right now. It will be good. Thank you
Old 11-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sweet, just got a new chassis and would be nice to put a skid plate on it before I run it....
Old 11-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

GMV, We have an online store that ships international.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Hi, just wounder if you are going to make skid plates for LRP S8 BX/SH Zcar.
Have been racing with a Mugen and your skid paltes this fall and just love them. but are going for a LRP buggy next year, so I would like to have skid plates for this to
Old 11-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Thank you all for your responses. We are working on alot of new items right now for the cars that are out and soon we should have just about everyone taken care of. Thank you all for your patience and continued support of DE racing.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Considering how long the Jammin cars have been out and how many people run them I don't understand why the front bump skids are not available yet. When will those be available?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jack quit your whining, they will be out when he gets damn good and ready! J/K LOL
Old 11-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Dave, the skid plates are working out great, When the Nitro pit gets there Hobby shop up and runnin,(One Hobbies) you will have to get them on your list. How's the married life going? Are you coming out for the Nitro Challenge in February?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Jack, I appreciate your questions regarding the Jammin parts. We are currently working on alot of new stuff and I am sure you will be happy. Dave and Cherie both are working around the clock to get these products out to you racers at a blistering pace. Its pretty much just the 2 of them doing the work at DE racing and I feel they are doing a great job of shipping stuff out fast and getting new products on the pegs at your local retailer. Thank you for your patience.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have the rear skid plate on my 8ight and it works great. I was interested in the front skid, but all of my wear happens at the apex of the kickup, and your front skid doesn't cover that area. My question is will it help that area even if it doesn't cover it?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

I think it cuts it down as I dont think my scraped area has gotten any bigger since installation but it was kinda ugly before. I will mark that area with a sharpie before the next race & see what happens. Playing with it on a table top it looks like it will cut down on the gouging some but looking on a flat table is not the same as smashing into pot holes & jump faces,I'll let you know after this weekend. It has definitly stopped the wear at my front pin holder & front arms in the pin area for sure & now that I think of it probably made life easier on my front pins though they never bent before. For the price & ease of install I say just buy one & see how it works on your brand car,its way worth the money on mine.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Tech5, i ordered a front bar and rear skid plates for my 808 from you on the weekend for delivery to me in Melbourne Australia so i will let you know when they arrive!

Cheers and thanks for a great product for those of us who like to keep our race cars looking like new!

Darren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.