Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
DE racing skidplates and bumpskids >

DE racing skidplates and bumpskids

DE racing skidplates and bumpskids

Old 05-27-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Addict

Im a great fan of DE products.. and have the tank pull.. tyre spikes and had rear skids. I have recently stopped running the skids as, only seemed to notice that when running them.. my car occasionally started acting funny.. and bucking a bit. Once a friend said to me, it looked a bit strange sometimes. Im not sure if its the same over in the US with buttery smooth tracks compared to here in the UK.. but ever since taking them off its been alot more consistent.. think it was if it cached a rock or something under acceleration.. but of a shame, as I liked the de skids.. but and with some of our tracks being rough.. seemed to get destroyed alot more and the skids sometimes get caught and act like a shovel.. but cant wait to get my hands on some 808 Mud guards when ever they get the the UK any idea who and where will have them in 1st? cheers
Old 05-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default New XD Rear Skids

You can get them directly from our website, no need to wait, www.deracing.net. Try out the new XD rear skid plate for your 808. We reduced the front overhang, the area ahead of or in front of the forward set of differential housing screws, and thinned up the leading edge. These changes were introduced for exactly the situation you describe, rough european tracks that often have sharp or abrupt edges and bumps due to the transitions between the different track surfaces that are often used.

Glad you like our products, you'll love the mud guards, and I am confident that the new XD plates are worth a second chance.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Ok great

Last edited by jamiekerr14; 05-27-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i have the de skidplates and i am trying to put them on the rear of my mbx6. But it seems that, no matter how much i tighten the screws they will not seat fully. There is a gap between my chassis and skid plate. How do i get these to work?

It does this on my stock chassis and bce chassis.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dreaux
i have the de skidplates and i am trying to put them on the rear of my mbx6. But it seems that, no matter how much i tighten the screws they will not seat fully. There is a gap between my chassis and skid plate. How do i get these to work?

It does this on my stock chassis and bce chassis.
Are you using an old chassis? The Countersink on the DE Skid is made to fit in a Brand New Chassis Only. If you have a worn chassis, the Countersink isn't the same depth anymore cause it has been worn away. This will make your Skid sit off of the chassis.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Im a great fan of DE products.. and have the tank pull.. tyre spikes and had rear skids. I have recently stopped running the skids as, only seemed to notice that when running them.. my car occasionally started acting funny.. and bucking a bit. Once a friend said to me, it looked a bit strange sometimes. Im not sure if its the same over in the US with buttery smooth tracks compared to here in the UK.. but ever since taking them off its been alot more consistent.. think it was if it cached a rock or something under acceleration.. but of a shame, as I liked the de skids.. but and with some of our tracks being rough.. seemed to get destroyed alot more and the skids sometimes get caught and act like a shovel.. but cant wait to get my hands on some 808 Mud guards when ever they get the the UK any idea who and where will have them in 1st? cheers
I had exactly the same problem on my 808 , i was unable to make consistent laps last week end during a training on a bumpy track , i took them off , and the car was much more better. It's a pity as i love them too
Old 05-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revrace
Are you using an old chassis? The Countersink on the DE Skid is made to fit in a Brand New Chassis Only. If you have a worn chassis, the Countersink isn't the same depth anymore cause it has been worn away. This will make your Skid sit off of the chassis.
my bce chassis is brand new.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
my bce chassis is brand new.
Maybe the countersink on the BCE chassis is a little different?

I'm running the new XD skid for my MBX6 and so far no problems at all.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The countersinks on a bce chassis are not as deep as the stock chassis. You can countersink them a little deeper and they will work fine. I run the BCE chassis on my mugen and this has worked quite well. If they don't seat well on the stock chassis I would imagine that they were over tightened. When they are wrenched down hard it makes the plastic deform like a play dough fun factory. Be carefull not to over do it and its best to do it by hand and not use a power driver.

Are the plates XD or Gen 2? The XD plates were created to help fix many of these kinds of problems. They have been a huge improvement.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any chance if making a taller battery lid for the losi 2.0z?
Old 05-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by l3asher
Yes please make one!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just want to say DE awesome product. Had the bumpskid on my rc8, carb got stock with throttle open for some reason and hit the wall on a straight, bumper first. Car was fine, bumper was even fine and absorbed all damage. I had to check if the wall was ok hahaha. I did slightly bend my front driveshaft because of the flex.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by l3asher
i would jump on that as well.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

RC8B mud guards came today. Installed easy!

Old 06-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Hey De Racing,thanks for the mud guards I got from you for my Tq sx8 buggy at the JBRL ARC race...They look and work great!!!!! These will be hit, keep up the great products!!!!
kevin harris

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.