R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Truggy clutches..

i run an xt8, and mostly use the xray clutches. on slick tracks i even like to run carbon shoes with 1.0 springs. i have learned certain engines for sure require different setups.on my go .25 it likes 1.1 and the xray shoes, my go 5 port actually screems with carbon and 1.0's. i am looking at the new jammin red shoes, so i would like some imput. thanks

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to shesha

Try the Fioroni Penta clutch, they are lethal...
Old 11-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
Tech Adept

I like running carbon shoes on a low traction track too. Using a .95 spring one shoe and 1.0 on the other two its very progressive, kinda like traction control. I have broken the thinner springs before using them with aluminum shoes on a high traction loamy surface so watch out for that. You could try using 1 aluminum shoe with a 1.0 spring and 2 carbons with 1.10 springs. I think using thinner than 1.0 springs in a truggy would cause the clutch to wear really fast. They lose their "springness" after 2 weekends or so on my buggy. I think the clutch is the most overlooked tuning option. Just take an educated guess and try something different, it worked for me. The jammin red shoes are nice, but Answer RC has some really nice aluminum shoes that comes with 9 springs, 3 of each thickness at a very nice price.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Whats a good clutch to run in a hobao st pro with a mac 28 engine??

Everything still fairly stock but will b upgrading engine soon to a ninja or sumthing along those lines

Thanks
Blower Uper A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Try using the MC2 clutch shoes and springs for truggy, he has several different types, soft, medium, hard, lightend, regular, with springs ranging in half sizes, like 9.0 9.5 1.0 1.5 gives you better tuning options for different surfaces, he has 3 shoe det up and 4 shoe set ups, springs are great, they are similar to the losi type springs, they do not wear out as fast, and last thru 3 sets or better clutch shoes. Most of the on line stores carry them, Carolinas RC, A-mainhobbies. They work great for me, using 1.0 springs, 4 shoe, regular/medium, in a Kyosho ST-RR truggy, modded ,RB worlds II.
aznitronut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

mugen use to have red rulan clutches, that had a little more grip than the black carbon ones....do they still make them. i seen where ofna has some red nylon shoes, is that the same material?

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznitronut View Post
Try using the MC2 clutch shoes and springs for truggy, he has several different types, soft, medium, hard, lightend, regular, with springs ranging in half sizes, like 9.0 9.5 1.0 1.5 gives you better tuning options for different surfaces, he has 3 shoe det up and 4 shoe set ups, springs are great, they are similar to the losi type springs, they do not wear out as fast, and last thru 3 sets or better clutch shoes. Most of the on line stores carry them, Carolinas RC, A-mainhobbies. They work great for me, using 1.0 springs, 4 shoe, regular/medium, in a Kyosho ST-RR truggy, modded ,RB worlds II.
they really need someone to build them a web site.. seem like they have alot of great products.. but its confusing as hell unless you know exactly what you getting .. they forsure seem to have clutches figured out.. i like what they have going on ..
Old 11-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #8
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlz View Post
they really need someone to build them a web site.. seem like they have alot of great products.. but its confusing as hell unless you know exactly what you getting .. they forsure seem to have clutches figured out.. i like what they have going on ..

ask a fellow M2C user....we got the combo's down pretty pat....be we'll need to know Everything about your set-up from Track to tires to motor and what you've ran in the past for comparisons.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote