R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene

I regret switching from the 808 to the MBX6. I have had almost every buggy besides the MP9, although I did have 2 777WC's. The 808 was the fastest most reliable of the bunch.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Did any one brake anything on xray, losi, mbx and mp9 yet?
joydude630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:24 AM   #48
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Rene,

Interested in trading back for an 808? I've been a Mugen guy for years, only to switch to the 808 at the beginnning of this season....I would really like to try out the new Mugen, but don't have the cash at the moment to buy one. I do have the 808 and a bunch of spares (new chassis, arms, uprights, hubs, knuckles, shock shafts, o-rings, 2 unpainted bodies, etc, etc, etc).

let me know if you wanna go back to Xray!!!!!
Crim3Wav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #49
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am faced with this decision as well...

I started racing with a Mugen. Then got the R when it came out. Then got the Eight when it came out. Then got an R again. Now I have another Losi.

I'm in the market for a new car for the winter, be it a new 2.0, 808 or MBX6 I can't decide. One minute I think it's between the 808 and the 2.0, the next minute between the MBX6 and the 808.

I really like the Losi the way it handles but the quality of materials and parts wear have worn my cars out. The new car is supposed to take car of all of that. And some of the parts I have will fit the new 2.0

The Xray was the way out for those who liked the Eight but wanted better quality. Now the MBX6 is out and sounds like neither of the other two but better. I really disliked the handling of the MBX5R.

Guess I'm looking for someone's input who has driven or owned the others for some time and could give valuable input. Great thread, thanks in advance for the helpful inputs here...
cwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #50
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i had the original 8 for over a year and have raced the 2.0 the last few weeks. and all I can tell you is the 2.0 drives noticably better than the 1.0, I havent broke anything on the new car yet.

Last edited by BAUSTIN; 11-12-2008 at 11:24 AM.
BAUSTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How is it wearing? That has been my main concern with the Eight. Although I haven't replaced anything on the original car I run now, it is definately due for some new stuff, but not worrying about it cause hopefully I will decide on something new first. Thanks for the input.
cwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:21 AM   #52
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it seems to be wearing fine.......the car was kinda tight so it is really just getting broke in, the outdrives are harder than the 1.0 so they should wear better, they are not showing any wear yet. the cvd's are a bit thicker and the drive pins are harder so they should wear better (no signs of any wear yet). on the old car the bushings in the ackerman would seem to wear on your first run, the new one with the pressed in busghings seems more consistant. i did'nt have a problem with the last car except the a-arms would bow after a couple races and i havent seen that yet. i dont think the plastic was changed, although i could be wrong. the new diff cups seem to be better, they are not the hd cups just redesigned and seem good so far. the rear outer hinge pins seem considerably better (thanks to m2c) i havent bent one yet, that was the worst/weakest part on the 1.0 IMO. it seems to me most of the changes were for durability issues the biggest thing on the handleing is the 2mm longer chassis and the body, the body is suprising, i guess it just gets a lot more air on the wing and really settles the car at high speed and on entry.

Last edited by BAUSTIN; 11-12-2008 at 12:20 PM.
BAUSTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #53
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i have used to have the losi 8ight didnt like it, i have driven the xray it handled like the losi but more stable and easier to drive, i have switched to the mugen mbx6 now, at first i didnt like it, i have since changed my mind since i have adapted to it, i get quicker everytime i drive it, its pretty stable if you are smooth on the trigger, it jumps really well and turns sharp, the only changes i have made from stock was using the soft springs in the rear, and 14tooth clutch bell, it made the car hook up alot better
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote