Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Suspended

Default O DONNELL BUGGY

anyone has this buggy?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't but it sure looks like it has all the tip top stuff you would need to dominate right out of the box. Attention to detail looks to be top notch. If you have that kind of money and don't mind special ordering all of your parts then go for it!!! James
Old 11-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

No but I've seen it in action and was impressed enough to order the Truggy.

electric dave just put one together. He may be able to help answer some questions.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have one I've raced 4 weekends so far and love it no breakage at all everything seems like new. I have the truggy coming also.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Theres an entire thread you should read.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ell-buggy.html

Buggy starts coming to the public about page 17 or so.

Cheers!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

jus beware of missing parts but the customer service is outstanding
Old 11-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by transplantlife
jus beware of missing parts but the customer service is outstanding
You know, I must have been one of the lucky guys. All the parts in my kit were there, in fact I ended up with one extra screw... which was handy, because I lost that same screw while at a practice day. hehe.

I have to wonder if some of these kits with the missing parts are coming from Ebay hobby shops or something.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Ditto, had one and no missing parts. Beautiful parts, easy to assemble...

I liked it, but it didn't feel as nimble as my RC8. So, I kept the RC8 and sold it....
Old 11-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bushyar15
Ditto, had one and no missing parts. Beautiful parts, easy to assemble...

I liked it, but it didn't feel as nimble as my RC8. So, I kept the RC8 and sold it....
Ouch, hehe.

A good buddy of mine and I swapped cars on the drivers stand. They felt almost like the same car.

Also, a lot of the AE guys are now using some of the O'D parts on their cars. hehe.

Nice.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I didn't think it was a bad handling car or anything totally negative, but compared to my RC8, it "felt" heavy and a bit numb.

I found the best way for me to find the buggy that best fits me and my driving style is to try them all. Set them up for my driving style and see what winds up working best for me...

As you may have noted on my sig, I currently also have a D8 and an MBX-6. Right now, the RC8 still handles better than anything I've tried so far. BUT, I'm still in the process of trying different things out on the other buggies before making a final decision on what to keep.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bushyar15
I didn't think it was a bad handling car or anything totally negative, but compared to my RC8, it "felt" heavy and a bit numb.

I found the best way for me to find the buggy that best fits me and my driving style is to try them all. Set them up for my driving style and see what winds up working best for me...

As you may have noted on my sig, I currently also have a D8 and an MBX-6. Right now, the RC8 still handles better than anything I've tried so far. BUT, I'm still in the process of trying different things out on the other buggies before making a final decision on what to keep.
That's how mine felt when I had the black springs up front and whites in the rear. It felt really stiff. When I chaged to blues all the way around, it felt just like my buddies highly modded RC8. I knew I was going in the right direction.

A lot of guys went to the RC8 for next year at our track, which is why I went with a different car (coming from the Losi). The RC8 is an amazing performing car and will be very tough competition for next year.

I thought about the Mugen, but really don't like the front end with the pillow ball setup. Just seems weak to me. The D8 looks too darn cheap to me. I think you're on the money with your RC8. hehe.