Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Opinions?

I am in the market for a buggy now and currently own a Tmaxx 3.3 and Jato 3.3 but want a buggy and ant it to be ready to run to save some money but would like to get one I can upgrade slowly to race specs, I think I am going to go with the 8eight, what is everyones opinion on this vehicle and is there a buggy that would be better for me too buy instead?? Thank you all...
Old 11-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

you are gonna get 1000 different answers... but i would stay with the 8 or the rc8
Old 11-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Smile 8..

yea i agree 8 is a good call..
Old 11-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

WAY too vague of question.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Way too vague of an answer. How is that vague? I wanted input on the 8eight, that is all.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Either RC8 or the 8ight are fine. You will not go wrong with either. The advantage to the 8ight is the radio, it is great for an RTR. Both engines are reliable. Even the servos are decent. I would make the servoes your first upgrade. Another deciding factor is which one does your LHS support just in case you need parts quickly.

Have fun.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Everyone has diffrent opinions,But personally (I) would only buy either

1. Xray
2. Losi
3. Kyosho
4. Hot bodies

And to answer your question; The Losi is fast and proven to be a champ. However Xray has ground breaking and luxury designs... Your call hot shot

* NOTE *
Do not make the mistake of buying a cheap crappy buggy just for the cost if you intend to race. You will spend more money on parts, And will most likely never do good..
Old 11-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team hawk
Everyone has diffrent opinions,But personally (I) would only buy either

1. Xray
2. Losi
3. Kyosho
4. Hot bodies

And to answer your question; The Losi is fast and proven to be a champ. However Xray has ground breaking and luxury designs... Your call hot shot

* NOTE *
Do not make the mistake of buying a cheap crappy buggy just for the cost if you intend to race. You will spend more money on parts, And will most likely never do good..
So what do you consider cheap since you have the hotbodies on your list that can probably be found for the low 300's? Funny how the D8 was not considered that great till it won the worlds and now it is supposed to be one of the best. If someone does there research they can find a buggy just as good if not better than the ones you got listed for half the price. Just got to know where to look and what to look for.