R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Cool Hyper .21 Turbo Engine tune settings

I have a Hyper 7 Black with a hyper .21 engine and i do believe it came with the wrong needle setup. it says on their site that the master needle should be a half a turn in, which seems ok, but the low speed needle along the carb slide is set for 3 turns OUT from flush of the ball link. Does this seem right?
Hendrickhero24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Talking

No.. i had one and retuned it with 4turns out on the high and flush on the low. Don't touch the mid needle leave it stock. If your breaking it in leave it like that. If tuning tune the high first turn it in a 1/8 at a time. Then the same for the low once the high it set. Remember the when leaning the high the idle will drop and while leaning the low the idlw will go up so adjust accordelly. good luck
ccordero85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Arrow

Alright. So you're telling me that the screw that goes into the slide, with the blue rubber piece needs to be 4 turns out from flush and the master needle (not the flush gold one on the other side of the slide carb, but the one on top of the carb should be flush?
see, when i started the break in, it took forever to get started and i know that you have to prime it and it did have good compression, so i know that wasnt it, so i started looking towards the needles. i did get it fired up under the flush on the low speed and about 2 turns in on the high speed, which i figured was wrong cause it just has way too much top end and not enough smoke when i gun it. It kinda late here now, but im going to try that tmrw on that setup and see what happens. And how close to straight should the servo horn be lined up with the servo itself?
Hendrickhero24 is offline   Reply With Quote