Community
Wiki Posts
Search

axe rossi x1 evolution engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

my X1 blew up at the 1 gallon + mark totally destroyed the internals and they replaced it brand new engine for free even paid the shipping to and from italy. I am no pro engine tuner but i was happy with the easy to tune, smooth power band, and top end speed of the engine. i would say it was a little soft on the bottom but I was able to help that with my clutch set up. the top end just ripped down the straight, not too many cars could handle me on the straight its when i had to turn that gave me problems lol!

my opinion would be thats its a top of the line engine that easy to tune but a little over priced. i think you can get more bang for your buck for a few less dollars. the conrod thing worries me but ill just have to replace it every gallon or so.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zixxer
so your saying an o.s. speed and a grp are soft ? wow ..... i thought about the jpx's just not really sure of the quality .....i appreciate the input from everyone ...even on the old thread it seems like a mix ....having not run anything over 400 bucks for an engine ....im just looking for good for decent dollars ....seems like there will be equal amounts of plusers and minusers ....then again im not racing national level events ....i have had great luck with the go motors ...having run all variations ...except the .25 and the .28 ....including the sport 3 port ....unlike many i havent had any issues with them except for normal wear ....so if i can get a little more quality with something like the axe motors ...think im keepin it in my cart ...
Maximo is right the GRP, Speed and even the RB WS7 are soft on the bottom, but thats a good thing because these motors come alive in the mid range and top end... so while the other bottom end motors are spinning their tires these motors are pulling away and conserving fuel.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08
Maximo is right the GRP, Speed and even the RB WS7 are soft on the bottom, but thats a good thing because these motors come alive in the mid range and top end... so while the other bottom end motors are spinning their tires these motors are pulling away and conserving fuel.

Good bottom end is nice for high bite surfaces...on loose surfaces its not so nice .......
Old 11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

I also run a trinity stock extech and it pulls harder on the bottom and pretty close on the top compared to my x1. I paid 269 on sale. i race at a track with a long triple or for most a single single single. i can make it a double single about 75% of the time with a nice run up after a tight turn but my extech has too much bottom and would just spin the wheels, i really have to feather the extech to make it.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Good bottom end is nice for high bite surfaces...on loose surfaces its not so nice .......
its all good im running on mostly clay tracks which go from a little loose to really hooked up at night time ....but im with francklucas ...i can tune out any lack of bottom with clutch springs and shoes

you forget ive been tuning gotechs for about a year and a half ...they are so sketchy on clutch set up ...if you have the wrong set up they just wont goooooooooooo

im spinning up a little much with the current 3port r im running ...but by tuning in my m2c clutch i can settle it down ...and that motor and the 5port go have all types of bottom end ////////
Old 11-22-2008, 04:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I was wondering if every one could clarify which AXE motor they have IE whether it's modded or not, and are you using the pipe that comes with it or something else. I am getting ready to buy this AXE ROSSI 21 COBRA VP HOT MOD w/TUNE PIPE to run in a XRAY XT8 , I want fuel economy is why I am going with the .21 but will it push the truggy around the track effortlessly. Thanks for all honest oppinions.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23730

Im getting this for my truggy, did i make a good chioce?
Old 11-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

I think if you go with teh Sport and 2050 and take your time running it in you will be pleasantly surprised.
In my opinion its exceptionally good value for the performance you get.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrjones07
I was wondering if every one could clarify which AXE motor they have IE whether it's modded or not, and are you using the pipe that comes with it or something else. I am getting ready to buy this AXE ROSSI 21 COBRA VP HOT MOD w/TUNE PIPE to run in a XRAY XT8 , I want fuel economy is why I am going with the .21 but will it push the truggy around the track effortlessly. Thanks for all honest oppinions.

May I ask what your looking for in a motor, and why you would choose the AXE ? not that the AXE is bad but there are dozens of other options...so what is it about your perception of the AXE that would make you choose it over its competitors ? As well what would you hope the HotMod version would have over stock that would justify the extra premium in cost ?
Old 11-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

gday guys,just thought i would give an update on my x1 evo,she crapped it the other day,got roughly 9litres out of it,i thought it was a great mill,easy to tune,ran very consistently,durabilty is a bit suspect though,completely destroyed the inside of my mill,i was going to go for a rebuild,but it got me before i could do it,wasnt showing any signs of expiring she just stopped dead.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by burty
gday guys,just thought i would give an update on my x1 evo,she crapped it the other day,got roughly 9litres out of it,i thought it was a great mill,easy to tune,ran very consistently,durabilty is a bit suspect though,completely destroyed the inside of my mill,i was going to go for a rebuild,but it got me before i could do it,wasnt showing any signs of expiring she just stopped dead.
yeah but in what way was it "completely destroyed" on the inside?
Old 11-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Questions??

how you going koenig,it was a bit wierd,i had the motor apart not more than 2tanks prior to it detonating on me,i wanted to give it a good going over and make sure everything was fine,there where no signs of this happening,good colour on the plug and under the head,everything looked good,so i cleaned it up and fired it and it was running sweet,always ran around 220 heaps of power,never had a tuning problem ever,then she just stopped,pulled her apart and the button is all pitted,metal everywhere,piece of the piston skirt was in the bottom,backplate all dinged up piston rod pretty badly banged up,shes a bit nasty inside,i wouldnt say im the best tuner going around but i know my way around a nitro motor,so i was a bit suprised,that same day i had 2 or 3 flameouts as well,which has never happened,maybe it was user error.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

I have a nice cobra x1 comp for sale in the for sale section only four tanks idled through
Old 11-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a AXE Rossi Cobra with a evolution piston and sleeve and I have found it also to be too soft on the bottom for me. On larger tracks it does great with a run up to big triples but on very short tight tracks it lacks the punch for me to clear some doubles just barely and coming out of tight turns. Yes it runs great but I think better in a buggy then a truggy. Maybe it is better suited for european style tracks..... have not been too impressed with it.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Maximo
May I ask what your looking for in a motor, and why you would choose the AXE ? not that the AXE is bad but there are dozens of other options...so what is it about your perception of the AXE that would make you choose it over its competitors ? As well what would you hope the HotMod version would have over stock that would justify the extra premium in cost ?
well let me just say I have a good feeling about this engine, just like I had a good feeling about running a L8T, runing a thunder tiger RTR buggy, buying a JATO , buying the many RC planes I fly, buying the blade pro, not to mention I feel comfortable buying an engine from SAHAK because he is always availible and willing to help me when ever I contact him.

What I am looking for in a motor, no motor can provide. I have airplane engines that have been running for over 5 years and I guess because of the way the car engines are ran they can't last this long. I am new to the RC buggy and truggy racing but not a new to breaking in RC engines I have 10 years of airplane engine experience and pretty much know how to break in any four stroke or two stroke engine. I'm on the forum to get info on this engine so I will know what works best. I am sold on the engine but for example if someone ran a different pipe and got better performance I would like to know. The type of fuel ran , glow plug, and method of break in are key to each individual type of engine maufactured and getting this information is important for helping your engine run at peak performance.

mj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.