R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-02-2008, 01:17 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default New Here and Have some questions?

Hello everyone, I am glad to be here and hope to help and learn as much as possible. I do have a few questions, I currently have a TMaxx 3.3 and a Jato 3.3. I am not new to Rc cars or planes, I used to have an inferno MP5 but just got back into this hobby and I have missed out on alot getting out of it.

Question 1: I mainly use my jato for off road, and I didnt buy it to go easy on it, so I jump it and beat it up, my question is what are the weak points on this car that I should upgrade first? Also I want to put a supercharger on it, now will this effect how hard it is to start and tune dramatically?

2: Now for my Tmaxx 3.3. First where can I get a larger head protector because the easy start wires on both cars seem to fray when flipping the cars over so I want more room to protect those, can I take those off and just use a glow plug starter and the EZ start system instead of the pre attached glow wire? Also what can I do to make my Tmaxx more stable and less likely to flip on tight turns? What are the best upgrades I can do to this truck? I know I am going to get the new motor for it with the orange head, I forgot the brand.

3. I wanted to get the Team Associated RC8RS Ready to run, my question is how is this buggys quality and what motor comes with the package? Or should I go with the RTR 8ight?

Thank you for all your help and sorry for all the questions, any help is greatly appreciated.
Jacked11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ok

i dont know anything about traxxis but i do know alot about buggys you should get the cen matrix rtr its awesome i am a cen driver and i have sold alot of buggies and all the people i have sold them to have said they are awesome.
rc31cli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:59 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

as for the easy start--- you can take the wire off and just use a glow ingnitor

the rc8 is a good car i would highly suggest checking around your area and see how the parts availability is... that is a huge thing to consider when getting a new car..
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote