R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #76
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRCRacer22 View Post
I'll throw down a post here while I'm on my way to work on My Kyosho Cars to run at the R/C pro Finals this upcoming week. (I'm honestly bitter at Neo-Buggy because this news was not supposed to be released until I actually am done working for Kyosho. I still will be working for and Representing Kyosho to the fullest for 2 more weeks until the 14th. I also do not official start with Tamiya until the 5th of January.) During the interem I am going to go home to my family in Ohio and spend the holidays with them!

As far as why I made this decision. Many people like to speculate reasons which I guess is all that you can do when you don't have any of the details. My number one reason for wanting to make this switch is time. Tamiya is willing to give me more time to work on my cars, more time to go out and practice and learn and more time to go race. At Kyosho I was in the office from 8-5 Monday - Friday with an occasional thursday off to go practice. It was basically life consuming to be working on 2 cars over a week after work to prepare them for the next weekend race or next big race. I also was never able to get into any kind of practice rhythm where I could learn set-ups really good.
Now I will have more time and really be able to work on my racing. I have a drive that most pro-drivers do not have and now that I will have the opportunity to put my time to my talent instead of putting it to a computer screen and a telephone I feel like I will do nothing but improve. I also feel like I will improve how I will be able to help everyone around me. I feel like I will garner a new understanding of how these R/C cars work and be able to pass that along to everyone else. And if you know me I don't keep any 'secrets' like many people do. You ask me, i'll tell you how it is.

One of my current co-workers put the change into perspective really well for me: He said "It will be good for you (the change) once you stop learning it's time to move on"
I feel that Kyosho has been nothing short of a Miracle for me. If it wasn't for them I would be slaving away in a kitchen being a culinary chef (not all bad but i'd rather be r/c racing!) However, in the past 2.5 years I have learned a lot but have hit a wall in my mind. Tamiya is offering me the opportunity to learn programs and have the time to just learn more! The opportunity is very exciting for me!

As for the Tamiya vehicles. I have driven the Truggy one time. I ran it at Revelation raceway. I had ran my truck the weekend prior on Sunday and had a fast lap of 37.2. When I drove the Tamiya truck on Thursday I got a 36.6. I don't know how much the track affected anything but it at least let me know that the truck is very competitive and i really loved the way it felt. I'll be sure to share everything with anyone when more information becomes available.

You all talk about the uphill battle. Yea, maybe there is one, and I LOVE IT!! I love the challenge and absolutely love being told I can't do something! Obviously this is just motivation for me to prove everyone who says so wrong! (With a big 'ol smile on my face!) haha

And for all of those curious. This was 100% my decision to leave Kyosho. They did not 'clean house' or anything of the sort. This came as a shock to everyone in the office. I did this for the opportunity and what I feel is a great oportunity to make myself better! For 2009 I have aligned myself with a sponsor sheet full of only the companies that I want to run for. I feel extremely confident in the upcoming year and can't wait to kick it off at CRCRC! Hopefully with a new prototype buggy and the opportunity to repeat as Champion!

Thanks everyone for reading this and for the positive words. For those Naysayers, thanks for the motivation!

Ryan

I'm happy, and sad to see you moving on.
I learned tons from you when you came to WI, and its helped me a lot. If I was to represent any company, I'd want to make sure I'd act just like you. I'm sad to see you leave, because I don't think Kyosho will ever find another driver that has a great attitude, and sence of humor like you do. Its good to see you will be sticking with your other sponsors, and I hope to see ya soon! CHANGE IS GOOD, VERY GOOD.

TTYL,

Brad Shearer

PS: Possibly electric at CRCRC too?????
Old 11-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
I'll throw down a post here while I'm on my way to work on My Kyosho Cars to run at the R/C pro Finals this upcoming week. (I'm honestly bitter at Neo-Buggy because this news was not supposed to be released until I actually am done working for Kyosho. I still will be working for and Representing Kyosho to the fullest for 2 more weeks until the 14th. I also do not official start with Tamiya until the 5th of January.) During the interem I am going to go home to my family in Ohio and spend the holidays with them!

As far as why I made this decision. Many people like to speculate reasons which I guess is all that you can do when you don't have any of the details. My number one reason for wanting to make this switch is time. Tamiya is willing to give me more time to work on my cars, more time to go out and practice and learn and more time to go race. At Kyosho I was in the office from 8-5 Monday - Friday with an occasional thursday off to go practice. It was basically life consuming to be working on 2 cars over a week after work to prepare them for the next weekend race or next big race. I also was never able to get into any kind of practice rhythm where I could learn set-ups really good.
Now I will have more time and really be able to work on my racing. I have a drive that most pro-drivers do not have and now that I will have the opportunity to put my time to my talent instead of putting it to a computer screen and a telephone I feel like I will do nothing but improve. I also feel like I will improve how I will be able to help everyone around me. I feel like I will garner a new understanding of how these R/C cars work and be able to pass that along to everyone else. And if you know me I don't keep any 'secrets' like many people do. You ask me, i'll tell you how it is.

One of my current co-workers put the change into perspective really well for me: He said "It will be good for you (the change) once you stop learning it's time to move on"
I feel that Kyosho has been nothing short of a Miracle for me. If it wasn't for them I would be slaving away in a kitchen being a culinary chef (not all bad but i'd rather be r/c racing!) However, in the past 2.5 years I have learned a lot but have hit a wall in my mind. Tamiya is offering me the opportunity to learn programs and have the time to just learn more! The opportunity is very exciting for me!

As for the Tamiya vehicles. I have driven the Truggy one time. I ran it at Revelation raceway. I had ran my truck the weekend prior on Sunday and had a fast lap of 37.2. When I drove the Tamiya truck on Thursday I got a 36.6. I don't know how much the track affected anything but it at least let me know that the truck is very competitive and i really loved the way it felt. I'll be sure to share everything with anyone when more information becomes available.

You all talk about the uphill battle. Yea, maybe there is one, and I LOVE IT!! I love the challenge and absolutely love being told I can't do something! Obviously this is just motivation for me to prove everyone who says so wrong! (With a big 'ol smile on my face!) haha

And for all of those curious. This was 100% my decision to leave Kyosho. They did not 'clean house' or anything of the sort. This came as a shock to everyone in the office. I did this for the opportunity and what I feel is a great oportunity to make myself better! For 2009 I have aligned myself with a sponsor sheet full of only the companies that I want to run for. I feel extremely confident in the upcoming year and can't wait to kick it off at CRCRC! Hopefully with a new prototype buggy and the opportunity to repeat as Champion!

Thanks everyone for reading this and for the positive words. For those Naysayers, thanks for the motivation!
Well said Ryan,

Class act as always! Like I said before cant wait to see ya run the new rides. Glad to see you are really close (maybe a little faster) to the times you ran with your ST-RR. It's GREAT they will be giving you more time to work on your skills too! Not that you need much work in that area!

Maybe we can get togehter for dinner when you're home.

Chris
ccm399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #78
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

gee , i guess it was the right time huh ryan ?

told ya he was reading this
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #79
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is Great Ryan.Iam glad to see you coming home.Hopefully we will see you showing up at some club races here at CRCRC It has been a great start so far this winter alot of fast guys showing up this year already.Plus iam really pumped to see you running Tamyia.Once again congrats and good luck.
www.crcrc.com
Sponsors
Hot Bodies
Fastraxx Hobbies
M2C
Lizard Skins
Motor Saver Filters.
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Best of luck Ryan, and great post.
I would love to see Tamiya get into teh dirt big time.
I am very interested in the straight driveline, I would love to see how much of a difference it makes.
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
I will get to run the 501X and also I will get to run some Touring Car!
They are happy to allow me to run there entire lineup!! It's exciting. Of course the 1/8th offroad takes center stage especially at first but the rest is available to me!! :-D
It is going to be interesting to see what an off-road guy can bring to the on-road table.
RCSteve93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #82
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
It is going to be interesting to see what an off-road guy can bring to the on-road table.
Ever see him run a TC3????
ccm399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm399 View Post
Ever see him run a TC3????
sideways
Old 11-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #84
Tech Addict

woooohhhhaa!

surprised us all!
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
sideways
i cannot imagine ryan having a car sideways.... he wasnt wide open was he??? lol
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to D Hunt 3

I think Neobuggy has had "Big American driver to GRP" in the gossip corner for a while....

My second guess would be OS.

Either way, good luck to Ryan!
D Hunt 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Hunt 3 View Post
I think Neobuggy has had "Big American driver to GRP" in the gossip corner for a while....

RB!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Hunt 3 View Post

Only one thing matters, FUEL MILEAGE!!!

I sure hope its RB......
Old 11-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4.Brad View Post
Only one thing matters, FUEL MILEAGE!!!

I sure hope its RB......

that makes two of us!!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #90
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Best of luck Ryan! You have always been a class-act!

If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to get in touch with me. You'll always have a spot back here at Tony's Screws.

Best regards,

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote