R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default I don't know how some people stay in business!

Im not going to list the companies name, but I want to bitch a little!

Two days ago I ordered $200 worth of parts for my 1/8 scale car some I definately needed to race this weekend! When it came time to choose the shipping method I had a few choices. Ship when they have the time no rush free, regular mail $7 , and the method I choose fedex home delivery estimated 2 days $14. The next day my order did not ship, so I sent a email stating I paid a little more and choose the 2 day shipping method, but my order did not ship. They responded that I did not choose the 2 day method that I choose fedex home delivery method which is estimated 2 days. Same difference to me if it was shipped in a timely manner I would have gotten it in two days and I did pay more for that. They also said that i was lucky that they would ship it thursday and fedex home delivery delivers on sat! Well its thursday going on friday and it was not shipped today.
franklucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Tech Regular

i also received a general email today that they would be busy fri and sat and would not be responding to emails or answering the phone. I guess that means my order will ship monday, 6 days after i placed the order and paid for shipping "estimated" for two days.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklucas View Post
Im not going to list the companies name, but I want to bitch a little!

Two days ago I ordered $200 worth of parts for my 1/8 scale car some I definately needed to race this weekend! When it came time to choose the shipping method I had a few choices. Ship when they have the time no rush free, regular mail $7 , and the method I choose fedex home delivery estimated 2 days $14. The next day my order did not ship, so I sent a email stating I paid a little more and choose the 2 day shipping method, but my order did not ship. They responded that I did not choose the 2 day method that I choose fedex home delivery method which is estimated 2 days. Same difference to me if it was shipped in a timely manner I would have gotten it in two days and I did pay more for that. They also said that i was lucky that they would ship it thursday and fedex home delivery delivers on sat! Well its thursday going on friday and it was not shipped today.
From the no rush shipping you mentioned I know which online hobby shop your speaking of. For some reason in the past few months there ability to ship right away has really diminished, myself along with several local racers use to order from there but we have since taken our business elsewhere. I agree that if your paying for expedited shipping in needs to ship out at least the following business day no excuses.
WideOpenThrottle RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If it won't mess up your racing....
I would send an email (since they are not checking it) and tell them you do not want it. When it arives, send it back and demand 100% of your money back. When they want to know why, tell them you sent a cancellation email.

I know of several people in this industry that operate like this. They open a hobby business and forget the business part is theirs and the hobby part is the customers. Somewhere they get them turned around.....
mracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Tech Regular

I thought about doing that they have already messed up my racing lol. I ordered the no rush shipping earlier this year and it took like 16 days and they are 6 hours away from me. I will never choose that method again. I have spent quite a bit of money there they do have fantastic prices and sales so its hard not to order form there. Amain always gets my orders out next day sometimes same day, i was trying to keep my business semi local and support a track I race at.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i use http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/Scripts/default.asp fast ship the same day .
slowtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

i ad an issue like this earlier on in the summer and it really ticked me off!! i was waiting on the part to be delivered so i could leave for a race and it never showed
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know who you are talking about and he ROCKS!! They are movinto a larger store now and things are probably a little crazy....still he should ship it in a timely manner! How do you know he didnt ship it today?

Dont let this one time do you in--trust me you will get the best prices and crazy fast shipping 99.9 of the time
Iholla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
Tech Regular

have you ever had the joy of ordering a part shipped next day taking the day off from work to sign for it basically sit on the front step all day it never comes then you check the tracking and it says delivery attempted. happend to me twice in the past four years.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #10
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Bad news travels fast!