R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

ive been getting my chain tugged by this "no name online shop" for the last 2-3 months on 1 Pair of tires.....they were backorder'd at the point of order...so w/e no big deal...they'll ship em when they got em.... 3 month's later....still no tires.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:04 PM   #17
cnk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklucas View Post
have you ever had the joy of ordering a part shipped next day taking the day off from work to sign for it basically sit on the front step all day it never comes then you check the tracking and it says delivery attempted. happend to me twice in the past four years.
I can tell you that it's not the retailer's fault if they shipped it and the shipping company doesn't get it to you on time like that. FedEx is notorious for setting the tracking to "delivery attempted" when they can't get the item to you on time. I've even gone as far as calling up the FedEx distribution center and complaining to a manager there, which is how I found out that it's standard procedure for them to use that notation. It sucks, but in those cases, it's the shipping company's fault.
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #18
Tech Regular

They are in the process of moving/merging to a bigger shop...they sent out a newsletter saying that they will be out for two days and may miss out on shipping schedules. "Hobby Shop X" is a very reputable operation and will gladly go the extra mile for their customers, don't let a minor fubar sully the name of the shop for others. I for one will always do my online shopping their unless my LHS has a part I "need".
Poppin Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would say if you need stuff right away order from the shop that will get it to you in 2 days, sure the prices are alittle more but you will know your items will be there. Now if you have some time before races order from the shop with the better prices. Problem solved,
moto431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:06 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

ive ordered from there once before and had no issues. The shipping was a bit high compared to most.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:43 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtruggy View Post
+1

I never had to order from this shop because it's my lhs. Great bunch of guys and from what others have told me about there online ordering they ship same day no later than next day if its in stock.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:52 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok, I have dealt with Homer for years and always got super unbelivable deals and turbo fast shipping, I must stick up for them the last 2 weeks things have been nuts over there and soon they will be a huge force in the online market plus 2 hobby shops, not to mention the best off road track on the east coast! my last order took a week, ususally over night so I know how you feel but for the previous years of awesome service and smokin deals it was worth it to have to wait a little extra time, plus i saved about $50 bucks from anywhere else online, soon things will be back to normal there.

http://www.totalrcnetwork.tv
goatbongoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:00 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

As i work for a Logistics company (no names here) i can totally understand you haven't got it yet. They have probably either lost it or ran over it with a forklift as that seems to be what happens most of the time. So maybe it's not the people you ordered through but the transport company it'self. Just a thought
Old 10-31-2008, 04:08 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just my two cents, I placed an order from them on Monday of this week and I used the no rush option, and I got my order yesterday. I live in South Florida so im pleased with the service, everytime I have had an issue with them they took care of it right away. Again just my two cents!
TeamX151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:17 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Sorry guys but we are not perfect. We do try our best but sometimes that just isn't good enough and I understand. We are not a big warehouse with dozens of employees. We are a small company that offers very competitive pricing with only 4 employees.

Frank I'm not sure who you are because I do not have any orders for a Frank. If you are the dude from Maryland that called yesterday I think some of your statements are a little off base. Yes your package delayed and when you talked with Lisa she offered you a full refund on shipping ans assured you would get your package with a Saturday delivery. I'm sorry that I runied your racing for rhis weekend. Instead of allowing us to do right thing after our mistake you felt the need to vent here. Thats fine and your right. However I to have rights also. I appreciate your order very much but since you are such an unhappy customer I do not wish to further make you unhapy with us. I can cancel your order and give you a full refund. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you in this case. Thanks your time and opportunity to do business with you.

www.tiltedrc.com slow shipping great prices, you decide. :-)

Last edited by Homer Allman; 10-31-2008 at 04:40 AM.
Homer Allman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:19 AM   #26
Tech Elite

One last things guys before you order from anywhere check the shipping policy. Our has not changed one bit in the last two years. Read the fine print...
Old 10-31-2008, 04:32 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Integra - I'm guessing from your signature tag that you are David Moxley. David, we have sent your stuff to you via USPS to your home address in Canada. First class mail doesn't provide tracking so I'm afraid I cannot update the status. However, it's not a backordered situation. If you still haven't gotten that package, then at this point I'd say we would have to call it lost.

With your situation it was confusing as you had a US address you were using for delivery, and then requested we ship some items to your Canada home, etc. Nonetheless, if you didn't get it, you didn't get it.

And, yes, things have been NUTS over the last 2 weeks. We've had meetings with accountants and attorneys as this purchase of the local hobby shop has been quite a complicated deal. We are having the signing today so hopefully by monday things will be back to normal.

I'd also like to point out that when you choose shipping on our site, the quoted times are the delivery times - not our processing time. We do try to process orders same day but some days it's simply impossible to get them all done. Free shipping was one avenue we were using as a bonus to you the customer for the delay.

Again, I'd like to apologize to anyone who feels unstatisfied with our service over the past 2 weeks and ask that you bear with us as we make this transition.

You can email me if you would like.

tilted1@tiltedrc.com

thanks
Homer

Last edited by Homer Allman; 10-31-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:55 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I used to deal alot with towerhobbies. I don't so much anymore because there are better prices on the net... but anyways...

When you pay for "faster" shipping. Thats ONLY what you are paying extra for. Their fine print basically states, that they have "x" amount of time to pull, box, and get your order to the shipper. Once its at the shipper, it then ships by the method you selected.

So, there were a couple of times when I ordered something and chose 3 day, thinking I'd get it within 3 days, only to get it in 5 days. It did go 3 days, and it did take the three to get to me. But I didn't know about the other 2 to get it ready.....

I've ordered many times from Homer and have always been happy with the service...
HPI - Blitz
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:58 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing

Ive been dealing with homer for over 6 months, and since i came across his shop i havent gone anywhere else, unless I had no option. I never came across anyone that went out of there way as much as ive personally seen him/heard him do from post's of other customers.All my orders have been sent out in a time'ly manner. Now every company is going to be 100% perfect, and once in a while things do happend, but venting it online and not simply speaking one on one to the shop owner is a crappy way of handleing it. As a customer yourshow what kind of person you are, as a Business owner, Homer came on here, and offered any and all solutions for you, showing what kind of person he is.. You can say this sounds like a kiss but letter, but Fact is, ITS All TRUE, Tilted and Homer is the Best Place/Person Ive EVER Dealt with..
Old 10-31-2008, 05:10 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dieseldog20 Send a message via Yahoo to dieseldog20

I have to say something here. Not to start anything back up again or anything like that.

My thing is you said you ofted for the ESTIMATED 2 day shipping. Not to point out faults here but did you not see the ESTIMATED part of the shipping method. When they tell you its estimated 2 day shipping doesnt mean its going to be shipped out the next day. Also, it all depends on when you ordered it. From what i understand you ordered it towards the beginning of the week right. Was there a holiday in there? You know your not the only person ording car parts and wanting to race either.

Like i said im not try to start anything back up again its just something to think about next time when you order something. They cant always guarentee that its going to be shipped in 2 days, thats why it says "estimated".

Thats what i have to say about it. I too have been in the same situation i just dont worry about it and just go about other stuff and when it gets here it gets here. Yea losing that little amount of money sucks but hey, nothing in life it free.
dieseldog20 is offline   Reply With Quote