Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Another reason to chose XRAY... >

Another reason to chose XRAY...

Another reason to chose XRAY...

Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Another reason to chose XRAY...

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/newsdesc.php?news_id=1676&kategoria=1676&catName=W orld's%20Largest%20Set-up%20Sheet%20Database

Show me another company that has something "remotely" close to this!

Last edited by Poppin Fresh; 10-30-2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: *
Old 10-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does not mean too much to me. Every car out there whether it runs like crap or not has a setup on it. Does not mean it is good. All depends on how you drive and stuff. That could be setups from every Tom, Dick and Harry out there. You do not know if they are good or not.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know for a fact that I drive nothing like the pros, so why would a setup by one of them do me any good? I oculd put a pro setup in my car, and hate it because it drives like a dump truck. THEY can make it fast, doesn't mean everyone else can.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats why they have set-ups not only from pros but non pro drivers as well. But the pros set ups give you a good base line to build from. Your always going to need to tweak the set up but its cool they offer you many different set-ups for tracks all around the world.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

There is still some search fonction missing like searching by type of track (bumpy, technical ect ) and by driving style.
The driving style value would be good in a setup sheet, you didn't setup your car the same way when you drive it smoothly or agressively.

Last edited by Mister-T; 10-30-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Is there a positive person on earth?

The more info you have, the better choice you can make.

Setup sheets 'How-To':
Find setup sheets that were made on tracks that have the same characteristics as yours and which setups use the same tires you do on your track.

Once you narrowed it down to similar surface and tires used, you can look at those setups and see what they all have in common, because certain things will stand out that are common on a majority of them.

You then put that setup on your car, and tweak from there.

Setups exist to get ballpark ideas for certain track conditions, because there are as many surfaces/conditions to run on as there are Whataburger combinations, which makes for a daunting task when you put a car together from a bag of parts that you want to perform its best first time out.

If you take time to look at their setup collection, they are organized and you can only show ones from factory driver's or from just customers, etc...
Old 10-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Is there a positive person on earth?
+100x

Xray is definately good stuff. I ran the original XB8 for several years and that buggy was rock solid. I NEVER changed anything on that buggy that what is now considered high wear parts i.e. drive shafts and such. Having access to their team's set-ups is definately a plus. If it wasn't for the fact that hobby shops here in so.cal don't stock xray parts, i would probally be driving one.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

These set-ups are aids for normal racers like us who want to share or get input from other racers, from pros or regular schmoes. Whether or not it makes it better is all up to the driver and the end result of that set-up. At what extent Xray goes through for all it's customers to provide a database of set-ups and tips is still leaps and bounds for other manufacturers out there. It may not thrill you but there are others just like me who are glad to know that there is a wealth of information at the tip of their fingertips. Whether they use it or not is there perogative.

So like i said....show me another company close to this.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMO it's great having a lot of setup sheets. Nice to be able to find a setup on a certain track type and condition I may be racing on. At least a starting point to go off of.

I was going to go to a off-road race that was going to be held on a grass field, and I had NO clue where to start for a setup racing on grass. After 5 minutes searching this page, I found several that were from top drivers who race on grass a lot in Europe. Gave me a great starting point to set up my buggy vs a shot(s) in the dark.

I commend XRAY for having this available for all there vehicles and the racers who choose to use them....
Old 10-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

These setups are great. You can probably find setups from state series on your local tracks.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

cant have too much info...
Old 10-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

good idea!
Old 10-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

We should appreciate things no matter how small they are.

We should be glad that companies making our kits provides us with tested set-up sheets for us to start on or try for a particular track. It saves us a lot of time and money as well.

Great job Xray! Hephep! Horeee!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Thumbs up Xray

I will second that post i have just got into the truggy and buggy and the setup sheets have helped a hell of alot for me great stuff XRAY.==
Old 10-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I agree with all of you, and then some, show me one other company that posts their pro drivers set-ups!? How awesome that we can get Leon, and Josh's set-ups. Most pro's keep em a secret, and I must say one more thing for all of you fellow 808 drivers. How awesome was the box-stock set-up!!! man I just needed to tweek a little bit from stock to get it perfect, but traveling around to different tracks, it's nice to have hundreds of set-up options to choose from a database. X-ray and RcAmerica are awesome. Customer service is great too. I'm hooked for life!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.