R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 183
Default OS P3 Plug Problem

Hey guys,

I got over 5 gallons on my OS Speed. The compression is very good. But I faced a problem for the first time with the P3 plug. The plug was 80% dead in just 7 tanks. I was not running lean either.

Please advise the nature of the problem. Thanks.
joydude630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
jpalessi's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,747
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joydude630 View Post
Hey guys,

I got over 5 gallons on my OS Speed. The compression is very good. But I faced a problem for the first time with the P3 plug. The plug was 80% dead in just 7 tanks. I was not running lean either.

Please advise the nature of the problem. Thanks.
Did you run out of fuel on power?
__________________
Joe Alessi
www.Lucky7RC.com
jpalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:36 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
porkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: o-h-i-o
Posts: 2,830
Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joydude630 View Post
Hey guys,

I got over 5 gallons on my OS Speed. The compression is very good. But I faced a problem for the first time with the P3 plug. The plug was 80% dead in just 7 tanks. I was not running lean either.

Please advise the nature of the problem. Thanks.
cheek the bearings in it
__________________
charles garten
serpent / novarossi / Desoto Racing / Absolute Hobbyz / ko propo / first turn racing usa / KustomRcGraphics / O'donnell racing fuel / Houstons Engine Service / sweep racing tires
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 AM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
Did you run out of fuel on power?
Nope
joydude630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:15 AM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
cheek the bearings in it
Bearings are fine
joydude630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #6
BSC
Tech Master
 
BSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 1,153
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

I've had problems with the last couple of batches of P3 plugs . They just don't work but read as fine I don't know what has happened to them but everyone i know has had the same thing . There must have been a bad batch come through I could be wrong but i tried another brand plug after spending a fortune on the motor and it fixed it .
__________________
Kyosho
Team Associated
Hobbywing /SMC/LFR/AKA
www.coast2coastrc.com.au
Logan Offroad - The Brickyard
BSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 551
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
cheek the bearings in it
that could be uncomfortable
sand geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
backwoodsRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: tn cell... 931 638 3897 lv msg.. thanks
Posts: 472
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to backwoodsRC
Smile same

i also have had the same prob. with p3's.. only 2 left on sheet pm if you find out the prob..
backwoodsRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #9
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,781
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Have you replaced the rod in those five gallons? If not, do so NOW.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
DirtyDezPirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern Califorina
Posts: 812
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDezPirate
Default

ive had problems with the new P4 and P5 as well.. not even running my engine at all.. i had to replace for another new one.. it works.. looks like OS is having issue with some;
__________________
I am just ME!
DirtyDezPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #11
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate View Post
ive had problems with the new P4 and P5 as well.. not even running my engine at all.. i had to replace for another new one.. it works.. looks like OS is having issue with some;
OS? Issues? No...it's all your fault! or mine, or his, or anyone but OS, they never have issues, and when they do, it's still your fault, and your problem...man I need to let it go, can you tell they wronged me?!
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:59 PM   #12
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Have you replaced the rod in those five gallons? If not, do so NOW.
I haven't replaced the rod yet.

I started the my buggy with a new P3 plug and I changed the HSN to 3 which is the stock setting. The engine started right away and after few seconds it shut off. The I changed the HSN setting 2/1/2 and the engine started and after few seconds shut off. There was a loud spinning sound from the clutch area when ever the engine was shutting off.
joydude630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #13
Tech Elite
 
jpalessi's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,747
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joydude630 View Post
I haven't replaced the rod yet.

I started the my buggy with a new P3 plug and I changed the HSN to 3 which is the stock setting. The engine started right away and after few seconds it shut off. The I changed the HSN setting 2/1/2 and the engine started and after few seconds shut off. There was a loud spinning sound from the clutch area when ever the engine was shutting off.
Idle gap: 1 turn from just closed
HSN: 2-1/2 from closed
MRN: 3-1/4 turns from closed (flush)
LSN: 4-1/4 turns from closed
If your idle gap is not set correctly, you will just chase the tune. set it at 1 full turn , and leave it.. use the LSN to stabilize the idle
__________________
Joe Alessi
www.Lucky7RC.com
jpalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:34 AM   #14
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
Idle gap: 1 turn from just closed
HSN: 2-1/2 from closed
MRN: 3-1/4 turns from closed (flush)
LSN: 4-1/4 turns from closed
If your idle gap is not set correctly, you will just chase the tune. set it at 1 full turn , and leave it.. use the LSN to stabilize the idle
Thank you very much for the needle settings.

What are the other causes of a glow plug dieing too early?
joydude630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #15
Tech Elite
 
jpalessi's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,747
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joydude630 View Post
Thank you very much for the needle settings.

What are the other causes of a glow plug dieing too early?
to lean, running out of fuel on power, and debris..
does or has the engine backfired?
__________________
Joe Alessi
www.Lucky7RC.com
jpalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go-Tech Engines Thread MassiveMods Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 15106 06-26-2017 04:07 AM
GRP... Engine... Thread... xlgraphicspro Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 2135 09-10-2013 08:46 AM
Punggol Off-road Track. Superb Singapore R/C Racers 9453 02-24-2010 09:26 PM
OS VSEC PROBLEM MaTt 93 Nitro Off-Road 26 01-21-2009 06:30 AM
Glow plug distortion? herb99 Nitro Off-Road 26 12-26-2008 02:47 AM
Hyper 8 Pro's Mach 21 engine issue.. viperviper Nitro Off-Road 7 06-04-2007 05:31 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net