Community
Wiki Posts
Search

motorama 09

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpalessi
Thank You Greg! I'll prob just leave the tent home then ,and pit in the heat.
it's smoke free too!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know people are saying smoke free, but is it realy?

aren`t people going to be warming up thier motors and tunimng them in, people are always running thier rides in the pits.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tofst4uvette
I know people are saying smoke free, but is it realy?

aren`t people going to be warming up thier motors and tunimng them in, people are always running thier rides in the pits.
No cars will be allowed to warm up or be ran in the heated pit area. There will be room to pit in the Equine arena around the track if you want to run or warm up before your heat race. If you pit in the heated area and your racing nitro, you'll need to take your car and stuff into the Equine arena to warm up.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That is awesome, realy smoke free and heated.
thanks
Old 01-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
Mark Pavidas just announced on the Grid that he'll be making the trek
Kris Moore and Jason Ashton are coming from Mugen as well!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

why in gods name are these guys not letting electric run with nitro? I know it's unfair how much longer the electric guys can run w/o a pit so a simple fix.. you make them do a manditory pit if they don't have a battery swap. In long mains they will most likely still need 1 swap that takes a LOT longer than a quick shot of fuel so it evens out nicely. Pro-series all normal events all allow mixed electric/nitro now it's time to accept change. I ran my erevo with truggies and beat most of them all last year.. now I have an 8ight-e truggy and a 8ight-e buggy and I would love to go to this race and compete in at least two of these classes.. 3 is a lot of work LOL but man it's fun
Old 01-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Electric and nitro are 2 different classes. It would be one thing if it was a club race and we tossed 2 guys running electric in with the nitro. I wouldn't have a problem with running them in their own class but not mixed into the nitro class.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Electric has its own track.... The little one... I saw an 8ight -E run and it will out perform a nitro car anyday. INSTANT acceleration, alot faster....
Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by underway
Electric has its own track.... The little one... I saw an 8ight -E run and it will out perform a nitro car anyday. INSTANT acceleration, alot faster....
there is no way I'm going to argue that statement. I totally agree.

My opinion would be that the big scale cars run in their own heats on the large track. The small track was intended for 1/10 scale. I'm not sure as of right now if this will happen. The speed and rip the brushless have can't be seen on the smaller track.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

1:8 all belongs together, user can choose their power plants, when it comes down to it the driver is going to win or loose the race not the car. I could build a brushless truggy or buggy capable of 70mph with instant power and that wouldn't help me win any races.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
1:8 all belongs together, user can choose their power plants, when it comes down to it the driver is going to win or loose the race not the car. I could build a brushless truggy or buggy capable of 70mph with instant power and that wouldn't help me win any races.

Different animals... Just like 1/10th has Gas truck and Electric.... Different animals... Different classes. Maybe once it gets bigger I am sure there will be classes at ALL large races for the 1/8th Elecs....
Old 01-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The races looks like a lot of fun, Lot of us are comeing form ohio to race.

what tires for buggy?
Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)
Default Motorama

Does anyone know if they are gonna have a Traxxas Slash class and what are the rules of the class.... I just bought one last week and i want to race it... I used to race motocross at motorama and i would like to participate in the rc world there too. Please any information would be helpful.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by imprtcrx
Does anyone know if they are gonna have a Traxxas Slash class and what are the rules of the class.... I just bought one last week and i want to race it... I used to race motocross at motorama and i would like to participate in the rc world there too. Please any information would be helpful.
YES, we are offering a Slash class. Rules are simple, the ONLY thing you can change is the body. NO MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED.... Traxxas wants the class to be a spec class so no changes allow except the body. What that allows you to do is match you paint scheme with the rest of your cars so there isn't 10-15 cars going around the track that all look the same.

Pre-registration deadline is Feb. 1st. After that the price will almost double if you wait until the day of the event. Pre-registration includes your pass to get into the entire complex as well as parking and of course your entry to the race. It's a great value and it's guaranteed to happen being it is indoors.

Some may already know all this but I thought I'd post a reminder.

See you at the races.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Nyk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
If its gas then run gas together.. And electric runs with electric. Keep the running both together for the club level.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.