R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #166
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
Can we get an updated electric list?
there are several missing from previous list that i know for sure...
fastestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #167
Tech Rookie

Default List

Hello, I am a little confused about how the break down of expert and intermediate class was done? How is it determined weather your a expert or not. I see names on the expert list that are by far NON expert caliber racers. Just wondering how the break down was done. I am not racing, but I will be there to watch the races Sunday.....PS I am not trying to start any problems, but just trying to get a answer since I was asked by someone that is actually racing intermediate instead of the expert
Jrock927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #168
Tech Master

You have to request to be in intermediate. You can email Tony West at tonywestgsk@hotmail.com.
killabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #169
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabud View Post
You have to request to be in intermediate. You can email Tony West at tonywestgsk@hotmail.com.
Yes i know that, but he never emailed tony about it, name just showed up on the intermediate list. Hope guys dont get mad and say he's sand bagging
Jrock927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #170
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrock927 View Post
Yes i know that, but he never emailed tony about it, name just showed up on the intermediate list. Hope guys dont get mad and say he's sand bagging
If he's that fast then e-mail Tony and have his name put in expert. The top ten guys in intermediate should be 2 laps slower or more then the top ten guys in expert. If your within those 2 laps, you should be in expert. Who wants to sandbag the intermediate class anyway?
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #171
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Anyone that wants to vie for that sponsorship :P

I'm not 100% sure I'm even gonna race, but I think if I do, I'll probably stay in Pro. Unless Int. blows up. Right now, there only appears to be about 20 or so in Trug.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #172
Tech Elite

I say run Expert and see what your up against. Why run a class that is limited? If it was up to me, I'd run everyone together in the same class. Are the intermediate guys afraid to run with the fast guys? They're human too.
Me, I'll be making a fool of myself in Expert buggy.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #173
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
If he's that fast then e-mail Tony and have his name put in expert. The top ten guys in intermediate should be 2 laps slower or more then the top ten guys in expert. If your within those 2 laps, you should be in expert. Who wants to sandbag the intermediate class anyway?
Thanks for the info Greg,

I think I need to talk to Tony about putting me in the expert class. I have alot to learn about 1/8th scale and how to tune the cars but my driving skills put me in the ( I think) G main last year. I am not the worst driver nor am I fastest.... just need more practice.

I would not want people to think of me as somebody that sandbags the intermediate class.

Later
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #174
Tech Master

Boyle please give me call 301-498-0850 240-882-3663

Thanks
Luther
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #175
Tech Adept

Quote:
The nitro event is SOLD OUT! There's is still room for the electric races.
thanks for you entry. Just over 2 weeks until the madness begins. Have fun and see you at the races.
I sent my entry and money last week and did not see my name on the list , will I still get in expert ? thanks
jmpn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #176
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 240 (99%+)

Not sure how I ended up in the intermediate class?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #177
Tech Elite

Fred, they have a few weeks to get the classes and guys put IN the right class. Send a e-mail to Tony at the address posted prior. That's all it takes.

I personally hate separating the class like they are doing but it's something that HAS to be done with the number of entries they've gotten, plus Pro drivers being in attendance. There is too many guys that complain that they don't stand a chance of winning when the caliber of racers reach Pro level. Then there's the Pro's that complain that they're in a heat of hacks. It's a hard call to make and it was made just a month late and wasn't on the entry form. Looking ahead to next years event, I'm sure the separation will be clear on the entry. Thanks for signing up. See ya at the event.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #178
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
Binky, Mark F, Greg. Both of the previous years, you've had a washboard section design as part of the track. On the side of the roll up doors. I think this would make a cool picture opportunity. Last year though, was in more of a bad spot.It was set up in a manor that the cars were coming towards then taking the hard right onto the "deal breaker" jump. The first year would have worked out very well. It was on the very outside of the track and the cars were driving by, rather than towards. If you choose to have the washboard again, I hope you can keep this in mind
Can you be a little more specific? I have layout complete and most of the jumps and obstacles but would entertain any suggestions.
markfanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #179
Tech Regular

Quote:
Fred, they have a few weeks to get the classes and guys put IN the right class. Send a e-mail to Tony at the address posted prior. That's all it takes.

I personally hate separating the class like they are doing but it's something that HAS to be done with the number of entries they've gotten, plus Pro drivers being in attendance. There is too many guys that complain that they don't stand a chance of winning when the caliber of racers reach Pro level. Then there's the Pro's that complain that they're in a heat of hacks. It's a hard call to make and it was made just a month late and wasn't on the entry form. Looking ahead to next years event, I'm sure the separation will be clear on the entry. Thanks for signing up. See ya at the event.
what about resorts after each round of qualifing.. by the end of the day things usually sort themselves out...
fastestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #180
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 240 (99%+)

Quote:

Then I ask what do you qualify as intermediate? 2 laps slower than Mark Pevidis? (sorry Mark i know i spelled it wrong) Well than half the field should be Intermediate.

So not to be an ass but PLEASE post a CLEAR Specification to Intermediate or just make it all one class.