R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Yeah, being in Florida, you will want to talk to Chris at holeshot hobbies about the Caster. Make sure you drive it and he has plenty of parts since he owns holeshot hobbies.....lol.

I haven't met anyone yet who has not loved the way the Caster stuff handles, especially the new and improved stuff.....You could do electric also if you don't like to wrench....
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Chris is a very cool guy to deal with. Finally had the chance to meet him at a race a few weeks ago.
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #48
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I actually just called and talked chris' ear off for a good 30-45 minutes, and he seems like a great guy to deal with. I am so indecisive so that is presenting a problem for me, but I think I am going to try out the Caster ZX-1. I had originally planned on running the D8 but after looking at it more, and talking to Chris about the Caster, I have decided to try the caster out.
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
Chris is a very cool guy to deal with. Finally had the chance to meet him at a race a few weeks ago.
Thanks Alan. I appreciate it. Probably see you again later this year as I plan on going to the race in May I think, Wiregrass indoor race is it. Will you be there?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #50
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Stealth View Post
I actually just called and talked chris' ear off for a good 30-45 minutes, and he seems like a great guy to deal with. I am so indecisive so that is presenting a problem for me, but I think I am going to try out the Caster ZX-1. I had originally planned on running the D8 but after looking at it more, and talking to Chris about the Caster, I have decided to try the caster out.
You will definitley like it. Hope to see you this weekend. There will be about 6-7 Caster's running this weekend together.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #51
Tech Regular

Way to hijack my thread chris =\
Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 AM   #52
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Stealth View Post
Way to hijack my thread chris =\
I will send you a invoice to help with my cell phone bill LOL!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #53
Tech Regular

WHATEVER! I am the first local to contact you in god knows how long, and you know this sir. so there is my contribution to your phone bill
Old 11-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #54
Tech Fanatic

man you got alot of good info out there. i am of course biased, as my son runs for Xray LOL. when we started 1/8 buggy we had a hot bodies years ago, it was strong and never broke, but could not get a handle on it. so we got a mugen and loved it never broke anything on it, just usual wear stuff. we tried truggy and got the Mugen truggy and it was the same handled well and did not break.
we got an Xray and was instantly faster, whether it was confidence, the cool factor or what that does not matter. the same holds true, fast, better handling, for us and still we dont break anything, and the XT8 is even better. my son said to him it drove like the 808, the harder he drives it the better it does. the other thing to look at is parts availability, which i am sure most in florida carry the top brands. If yoiu have a chance XRAY driver Leon Mcintosh is from around there, maybe you can meet him, very nice and a good guy to be around.

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #55
Tech Fanatic

one more thing get THE XRAY IT IS THE BEST!!!!!

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #56

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

is the losi 2.0 metric screws, or still standard? that could be annoying. especially if this fella already has metric gear from his nitro sedan days.

see what parts tend to fail on each brand (particularily trugs), and make a decision from that too. if something has a tendency to break its chub, that might be better than somethin that eats diffs.

if ur store stocks the parts, and other racers have em. u should just get somethin along those lines and enjoy it. all of us do not have the potential to get the optimum outta any these cars, as we know the pros could win with any of them. just pick a winner and go run have fun.

must be a dicey time for you as so many new bugs, and naturally that'll lead to new trugs. so perhaps shelve the trug idea for now and pick the winning bug you prefer. start there. granted tamiya went the opposite direction.

between throttle servo deaths and standard hardware, hopefully they did clear these and the knifeedge handling...still these are a turnoff to me on losi. that and now their platform is different w/the trug. yeh they have an electric though (another can of worms).

while the new d8 buggy looks nice and the price is right, and the associated stuff is solid and they wont change their model next wk....i was turned off by their hub retention clip design on the trugs. despite not having a current revision trug yet. that m00g is a piece, a gem indeed.

and no i'm not biased, i got outta nitro at the end of 06. between losing tracks left and right, wanting to sleep at the track sometimes, and just b'g at home w/flashlight power...i moved on. that and u could see all this new movement coming when the 8ight proved itself in amezcua's hands at nats 2yrs ago. people sat up and realized their bugs were old and lazy in comparison.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote