R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #16
Tech Adept

I tested the Battery with a Digital Multimeter, i read 6.0v. I tested the hot post for the servos in the reciever 6.0v again. What is the white wires purpoase on the servo lead? I cleaned the servos and reciever with a dry toothbrush.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

maybe you have to reset the failsafe (i believe the pcm rx have that feature)
helivaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCWC View Post
I tested the Battery with a Digital Multimeter, i read 6.0v. I tested the hot post for the servos in the reciever 6.0v again. What is the white wires purpoase on the servo lead? I cleaned the servos and reciever with a dry toothbrush.

your pack should read higher then 6.0v....u sure its charged ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
your pack should read higher then 6.0v....u sure its charged ?
I guess its charged. All i have is a peak charger. I topped it off before the electronics went back together, and the transmitter battery too. What should the pack voltage be fully charged? The battery is labled 6.0v.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #20
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCWC View Post
I guess its charged. All i have is a peak charger. I topped it off before the electronics went back together, and the transmitter battery too. What should the pack voltage be fully charged? The battery is labled 6.0v.

fully charged it should be alot more then 6.0.........buddy's 5 cell stickman 2500 that was charged a couple days ago is at 6.6 and i was doin some Epa adjustment's so it'll be down a little from that.....so at least 6.5
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 10-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #21
Tech Adept

All i saw was 6.somethin and declared it good. But ive got it figured out, it was the reciever. Plugged in a a buddys reciever and put the transmitter in my radio and it worked perfect. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just for future reference it doesn't so much matter what the static voltage is, you need to know what it's doing under load. That's whay I told you to put it on a discharger and see what happened. Gald you got it fixed.
cjtamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #23
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtamu View Post
Just for future reference it doesn't so much matter what the static voltage is, you need to know what it's doing under load. That's whay I told you to put it on a discharger and see what happened. Gald you got it fixed.
true to a point yes.

i got one of those Dynamite Sentry things that slaps a 300mah load on the battery and displays the voltage...quite the neat little unit to have track side when u question if a pack if good or not.