Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas offroad track?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Las Vegas offroad track?

Hey guys, I'll be in Vegas for a few days and was thinking about bringing the toys to help soothe the hangovers but I can't seem to find a working website for an offroad track in the area. Anyone know of any? THANKS
Old 10-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

We race at the Silver Bowl track almost every Saturday. The website for our club is www.sincityrc.com. We are not racing this Saturday at the Silver Bowl track though. Instead, we'll be at the Boulder City track for the final round of our spec tire series (Proline road rage tires). If you just want to play around, the Silver Bowl track is open to the public all the time, as it's in a public park. We just finished redoing the track last weekend, so it's an entirely new layout. Check it out. You can send me an email if you want more information.

http://www.sincityrc.com
Old 10-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where do you find info for the Boulder City track? I'm in BC a few times a winter for DH mountain bike training.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

They are only open for a couple races per year (Silver State Nitro Challenge and NV State Championships). It's operated by a few pro drivers and they have a website at http://silverstaterc.homestead.com/about.html

The guys that run the track occasionally run with us at the Silver Bowl track. If you're familiar with Boulder City, the track is located just south of the Veteran's Cemetary.

http://silverstaterc.homestead.com/about.html
Old 10-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is the Boulder City track is open for driving even when they aren't racing? We train MTB during most of the day, but I'd bring my E-8ight to play with before sundown.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com
Is the Boulder City track is open for driving even when they aren't racing? We train MTB during most of the day, but I'd bring my E-8ight to play with before sundown.
I was there several months ago and it seemed like it is closed off unless they are racing...... Not sure though as I only went there once.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the BC track is pretty much closed all but 2 days a month unless there is the silver state race. The Silver Bowl track is a public park, so its always open.