R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #226
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dave, you lucky ass! How you been? I am currently trying out the new over sized clutch bell/bearing assembly. Really like it and like you say still pulls even in MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #227
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mike

Breakin it in i think its going to be a beast
Old 02-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #228
Tech Adept

Do y'all think i could getaway with using these on my losi aftershock ?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #229
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
Dave, you lucky ass! How you been? I am currently trying out the new over sized clutch bell/bearing assembly. Really like it and like you say still pulls even in MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matt,

The 5x12s will rock, glad you like it so far.... Keep me posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS 11g View Post
Breakin it in i think its going to be a beast
Gus! What a great time last weekend! Hanging out with you boys makes me want to move to Ohio. Call me when you get a chance, I've learned more about the MG66.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale88Jr View Post
Do y'all think i could getaway with using these on my losi aftershock ?
The aftershock uses the standard three shoe anscs0001. I have one as well and with the 1.1 springs and stock tires it becomes a wheelie machine. Lots of fun to drive. I since then muggified mine. If need aftershock parts PM as I have a bunch left from my conversion and will sell them wicked cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Answer shoes are the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran them this past weekend at the Dirt Nitro Challenge. On main day the track was really bad for the first few races. Two pounds of mud on the car when coming off the track.

The shoes held up extremely well with no wear. Last time I ran in those conditions with non answer shoes they filed down to a pulp.

Nice job Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the words, but Pete (Owner of Answer-RC UK) engineered everything. I'm just trying to get the products in racers hands.
mikenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #230
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
Howdy Matt, things have been better but I had a Blast at the Nitro Challenge. It was the first time wheelin the buggy in 3 months and it showed. Now that I've had some wheel time I've got the BUG REAL BAD and want to find a way to get to the Silver State in a couple of weeks. Also hoping to get up North to your area real soon also.
Dave and Becki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #231
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just received my first shipment to start up my inventory. These products are top notch and look of the highest quality. Great product and I am glad to be able to offer them to our customers. Some of these parts will definately find themselves on my personal rigs though
Old 02-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #232
Tech Adept

Thanks mikenx for the info i was wanting to know cuz I'm making kind of a budget racer out of my aftershock here is what i have on my truck so far sway bar kit,wing kit,17mm hubs,aka truggy cityblocks med,ht tuned pipe 20,000 diff oil in the front,10,0000 diff oil in the rear and i run on 20% nitro juice next thing I'm going to get is clutch shoes and have some fun but when i wanna get a lil deeper i was looking at getting some cf to drop the wight
Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #233
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I have been running the Answer Losi long life shoes since last season, as well as the Losi CB Bearings. I would like to thank the answer team and mike for their great product and service, as well as the great opportunity to be apart of the answer team in 2010.

I have noticed that yes on some of the losi flywheels the pins are a touch hard to get in, however if you use a pair of channel lock and squeeze the bottom side of the shoe it helps align the holes. My answer bearings last 10x's longer than the stock losi ones.

as for spring rates, I have noticed that a great combo for running the 4 alum shoes is as mike stated with two gold 2 silver, this gives great response and reaction. Maintain your bells after every race as with all aluminum shoes you can start to groove both the bells and the shoes if you do not. If you maintain them I ran an entire half of season on one set of shoes with no bell gouging.
rookie042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #234
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I posted here in January, finally after 2.75 gallons,no maintenance,the over sized bearings from answer rc finally gave it up!!!!!!!!! the clutch shoes are still going strong. I am running this in an xray808 2010,along with an mg-66 with a go-tec 2072 pipe. I've been running in really dusty conditions. Yesterday at riverfront in marysville ca. I got into a lot of muddy conditions. I kept running my car for almost 2 hours straight. It was today that I noticed the clutch bearings while cleaning the rear bearings,getting ready to go to Oregon this week. It's nice to know I have quality products behind me. I also switched over to the losi 8 2.0 air filter system. And ordered the extra air filters from answerrc.com. I got the new ribbed outer filter type. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!! try them you will really like them. the ribbed design won't get as dirty as fast as the flat type.
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #235

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

well got a chance to finally get a couple good weeks on the 3 shoe aluminum clutches.. very nice and smooth... look to be wearing very nicely... i have the new flywheel also.. i really helps keep the dust and the clutch cooler... i just run the 5x10 bearings and temps have come down 20* so far.. i have a good clutch package but will work a little every week to see if i can get it just a little better.. they are nice and smooth on a dry track or grippy on a wet track.. very good clutches for the money.. thank answer-rc.... jeremy
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:49 AM   #236
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been getting great performance and longevity from answer shoes and bells on my losi vehicles. Been packing some horsepower in the engine compartment and still getting 3 gallons outta shoes and bells. Mike gave me the V2 shoes to try and i just ran them on a really stout engine this past weekend. The a&n letters were still legible and no slag were on the shoes. They performed excellent. What a great clutch setup. Been running 2 gold, 2 silver springs and couldn't be happier. Damn good product. Thanks for hooking me up Mike.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TVMRocket69 Send a message via Yahoo to TVMRocket69

Got my Cobra built with a Nova Toro and Answer-Rc Losi style clutch shoes on the stock flywheel. Will be racing it this weekend at Full throttle Raceway in Md. Will let yall know how the clutch does.
AnswerUSA-RC Team Driver, G's R/C Raceway Team Driver, RBMods Team Driver, Kosmic R/C Fuel Team Driver, MurfDogg Motorworks Team Driver, Serpent S811B, Serpent S811t, MurfDogg Powered V-Desizn Carpet Ripper 5
TVMRocket69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:41 AM   #238
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I've got a good line up of answer clutch kits and parts on my site. So far reviews have been great from this line of parts/kits. Check it out for pricing and as always free shipping on every order!

www.twisted-rc.com/shop
Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #239
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMRocket69 View Post
Got my Cobra built with a Nova Toro and Answer-Rc Losi style clutch shoes on the stock flywheel. Will be racing it this weekend at Full throttle Raceway in Md. Will let yall know how the clutch does.
Nice Bob! I did miss checking out the serpent at the track the other night. I can't believe they use the Losi four shoe... perhaps this is a new trend and a new standard will emerge...
mikenix is offline   Reply With Quote