Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Answer-RC's clutch shoes review

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by josh35
Hey Mike when will the 5x10x4 bearings be back in stock? I need a couple of packs and some more stuff. Just checking.
Why don't you use ceramics? They last longer.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We race two times a month me and my son run a class. So i replace those bearings twice a month and that 8 bearing a month. At $12 for 10 pack thats $1.20 each so about $9.60 for a month. I have never had a clutch bearing go out after doing it this way. If i went cermics it would cost $10 for 2 bearings. So money is the main thing. Also Answer-RC bearings are great.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Mike, I need to replace my 13 tooth bell on my Kyosho ST-RR. Is yours compatible so I can get one ordered ASAP with some back-up shoes? Thanks!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I tried ceramic bearings in the clutch and I did not like the way they felt after a 30 min main when compared to the losi hd bearings. Just what I observed.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgeezer
Mike, I need to replace my 13 tooth bell on my Kyosho ST-RR. Is yours compatible so I can get one ordered ASAP with some back-up shoes? Thanks!
I'm not entirely sure which style these are modeled after. Pete told me once but I totally forgot. Here are dimensions:

13mm bell hight
22mm overall hight
22mm id of bell

I have no problem taking it back as long as it's not used.

Hope this helps.

~Mike
Old 05-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

thanks Mike, sounds about right. I'm placing my order right now so I can get it ASAP. I'll let you know if for some reason it doesn't fit.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow! Thank you for the replacement springs. These guys not only aim to please but go far beyond satisfaction.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Ive been told to go to a 3 shoe clutch on my 8ight 2.0. Does anyone else feel this way ? If so, which clutch should I use ?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by roadracer43
Ive been told to go to a 3 shoe clutch on my 8ight 2.0. Does anyone else feel this way ? If so, which clutch should I use ?
I can't see what the rational would be to get away from the Losi clutch. It's probably the best design out right now. I especially like the fact it can be moved from motor to motor without taking the shoes off. It costs a bit more run in shoes and replacement pins, but you already have the setup.

It takes a different motor mount to shift it forward in order to run anything else on the losi and probably not worth expense and effort. I would however recommend getting away from the two carbon two alum setup that is very popular. The Losi carbon shoes can really melt away quickly in some setups.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any idea when more losi clutch shoes will be in stock?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Got a question for you since you use the different springs together on your Losi. I use the RC8 shoes and since the shoes come with 3 different sets of springs what do you think would happen if I use one 0.9, one 1.0 and one 1.1 spring on a clutch setup? Just wondering because I have alot of 1.0 and 0.9 springs now that I do not normally use. I suppose I could just use all 3 1.0's once in a while to use them up but I am not sure of using the 0.9 as they may be too light of a spring for me. Just trying to save a $
This rc8/TTR setup totally worked for me yesterday weekend. Worked well to keep down the wheel spin on a loose track. If you're looking for punch it's not the way to go. If you're looking to save money I would recommend rotating which shoe get the various springs to keep the wear balanced.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Akhor
Any idea when more losi clutch shoes will be in stock?
Hopefully 2 weeks out. Sorry for the delay we had an unexpected run on the Losi shoes and both me and the UK are completely out.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Ive been running the Answer shoes, springs and CB bearings on my Xray 808 for 3 weeks now. Simply awesome. Low clutch wear, super bite and punch. Bearings have lasted longer than normal as well. Just clean and relube every 3-4 runs and still feel new each week. Great product and worth every penny!

EA
Old 05-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default 3 Shoe on a Losi.

Originally Posted by roadracer43
I just got some clarification from Pete in the UK. Looks like guys over there are doing this with good success on the Losi.

"Hey Mike - you can use all the 3 shoe stuff on the Losi no problem - just needs x 4 of the large shime behind the collet and use of the crank extender.
A lot of guys over here do it to avoid losi prices and if they have a stack load of 3 shoe clutch stuff.
You can then run either normal or losi bell just shim accordingly after the nut.

Pete "

If someone wants to do this and document it for others with pictures, please PM me and I will give you a special price on the all the parts needed.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Which clutch and flywheel do I need? Better yet, what all do I need to change over to this 3 shoe clutch ?
Originally Posted by mikenix
I just got some clarification from Pete in the UK. Looks like guys over there are doing this with good success on the Losi.

"Hey Mike - you can use all the 3 shoe stuff on the Losi no problem - just needs x 4 of the large shime behind the collet and use of the crank extender.
A lot of guys over here do it to avoid losi prices and if they have a stack load of 3 shoe clutch stuff.
You can then run either normal or losi bell just shim accordingly after the nut.

Pete "

If someone wants to do this and document it for others with pictures, please PM me and I will give you a special price on the all the parts needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.