R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #91
Tech Addict

I don't want to Hijack this thread, but $75 for a three day event is cheap!!! What else can anyone do for $25 a day. I also can't stand to see tracks charging $15 for a race. It's no wonder why tracks everywhere are dropping like fly's. I would rather pay $30 atleast for club racing and $40-50 state races etc. That way we would have better facilities and tracks. I'm mean, lets be real. $15 ????? I just want to see the racing grow....not just survive!!!

And if the PNB guys are breaking even..the day will come where they say hell with it or something more important in thier lives will take presidence. I can't believe guys are asking for prizes or t-shirts. If thats why you race...............
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #92
Tech Initiate

hey guys planning to head to up to this race did not attend it last year. do they have showers on property? if not I know it says nonstop racing so is it worth getting a hotel or just napping at the track?
fordtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #93
Tech Master

I Like having a shower so I would grab a hotel. You have roughly 7 hours in between rounds so plenty of time for a shower and nap. Once the boards are posted you will have an accurate idea of when you need to be back at the track for each of your quals. If you have a trailer I know a lot of people who just stayed there also. Its up to you.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #94
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to DavidR

Alrighty then... Guess it's back to old school for me! LOL..

Good thing I haven't sold my motors and such yet.

Got any ideas as for longest straightaway length yet? So I can get an idea for gearing?

Let me know.

Thanx!
DavidR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #95
Tech Master

The track will be one of the fastest you have driven on for sure. Front straight will be the same as last year with a sweeper at the end. Total straight line length is around 200ft. Gear that sucker up Anyone who was there last year can attest, That straight is long.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #96
Tech Addict

fordtastic, make sure you bring a good alarm clock and be ready to nap when you can because at least 1 qualifier will be at a very weird time. Its worth it.

Leikam, any plans to have a outside antenna so we can pick up the signal from the motels this time? It was only good for about 1/4 mile last time.

Ed M.
bentgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #97
Tech Master

Thats about the range, we can't get anymore out of them. It works great at the track but the hotels are 3 miles away and we can't reach there. We are planing on broadcasting a video stream of the action over the internet with a forum attached so you can watch and get updates that way. The Best Western has free internet signal so if you have a laptop bring it.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #98
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Will the surface be different than last year? So ,no part selling jumps this year? Waiting to see the layout. Would like to return this year.
csweatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #99
Tech Master

the track will be hard packed. We took out the "leap of faith" this year so no one should have big monster air anxiety. It will have serious fun factor though like last year with lots of air and features that can only be made out of wood. It will be sweet. I'm very excited about the layout and features. We will post the layout soon.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #100
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Our sports car club uses an FM transmitter like the ones used at drive-in movies. Range is over a mile with a 25' antenna and cost less than $200. A stereo has much more volume and way better sound quality than the frs that we used last year. Maybe the guys will look into one. As far as the big jumps, I loved them! When I first saw them I thought they were ridiculous until I drove the track, was I ever wrong, The leap of faith was huge but it had a transition big enough that made it doable. I also enjoyed the consistency offered by the wooden jumps, not just the leap of faith but the smaller jumps of the dragon's back too. I'm no pro, but when lined up and on the gas, those jumps were awesome. The wall was sweet too. I had a great time and will be there again even if the entry fee has risen to $75, but I hope the guys didn't spend over $20,000 putting the race on last year, as mentioned earlier in this thread, and at least put a little in their pockets for all the work and time they put in, they deserve it. Remember, if you play, you pay and $75 is alot of money in these tough times, but you sure couldn't play golf three days, spend three days on the beach, or visit three of Atlanta's famous gentlemen's clubs for the same money, although the latter isn't a bad idea!
Randy Bailey

Last edited by 34Randy; 12-11-2008 at 10:26 AM.
34Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34Randy View Post
Our club uses an FM transmitter like the ones used at drive-in movies. Range is over a mile with a 25' antenna and cost less than $200. A stereo has much more volume and way better sound quality than the frs that we used last year. Maybe the guys will look into one. As far as the big jumps, I loved them! When I first saw them I thought they were ridiculous until I drove the track, was I ever wrong, The leap of faith was huge but it had a transition big enough that made it doable. I also enjoyed the consistency offered by the wooden jumps, not just the leap of faith but the smaller jumps of the dragon's back too. I'm no pro, but when lined up and on the gas, those jumps were awesome. The wall was sweet too. I had a great time and will be there again even if the entry fee has risen to $75, but I hope the guys didn't spend over $20,000 putting the race on last year, as mentioned earlier in this thread, and at least put a little in their pockets for all the work and time they put in, they deserve it. Remember, if you play, you pay and $75 is alot of money in these tough times, but you sure couldn't play golf three days, spend three days on the beach, or visit three of Atlanta's famous gentlemen's clubs for the same money, although the latter isn't a bad idea!
Randy Bailey
You came in 2nd in Sportsman right ? that's close enough to pro in my book.
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #102
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post
I don't want to Hijack this thread, but $75 for a three day event is cheap!!! What else can anyone do for $25 a day. I also can't stand to see tracks charging $15 for a race. It's no wonder why tracks everywhere are dropping like fly's. I would rather pay $30 atleast for club racing and $40-50 state races etc. That way we would have better facilities and tracks. I'm mean, lets be real. $15 ????? I just want to see the racing grow....not just survive!!!

And if the PNB guys are breaking even..the day will come where they say hell with it or something more important in thier lives will take presidence. I can't believe guys are asking for prizes or t-shirts. If thats why you race...............
I have 2 awesome tracks i club race at and yes they SHOULD charge more but $30.00 ?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #103
Tech Master

Another day closer to the race of the year.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:59 AM   #104
Tech Master

Alright ladies and gentlemen. We are giving you a sneak peak at one of the featured sections of the track. Tonight at 6 pm eastern you will be able to watch LIVE the construction of the "DEJAVU" feature. The first one has already been built and number two is happening tonight. Please log on to:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/psycho...---the-relapse

We will be using this site as well to broadcast the racing action LIVE and to give heat updates and make announcements along side the radio broadcast. The more media the better It has a built in forum so you can talk about setups, tires, ect. we do not have wireless internet at the track so you will need a wireless card. The best western has free internet so you can watch the action and get updates from the hotel. I would like to get as many people watching tonight so we can see if there are any crashing problems or issues.

Grab some popcorn and your favorite beverage and enjoy a spin off of the New Yankee Workshop. lol and maybe see one of us nail a finger to a 2x4.

Later.

Special thanks to Alex Pilson at www.MODHOBBY.COM for discovering the site. You the techno man!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #105
Tech Master

I must of missed it...