Search

PSYCHO NITRO BLAST II - The Relapse Feb 6-8 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default bigger payout!

Originally Posted by Leikam
I will throw some solid numbers out a little later on. Yes 1-5 will receive money. It will be a bigger payout than last year. I have always thought that top 5 should get money for a big race like this one.

Sorry you missed out on the action last year and had to do the whole team manager thing. Glade you can run this time.

Call me when you get a second.
i would think it would be a much bigger payout, considering the price for entry 75$ thats ridiculous! the crcrc midwest gas champs is one of the biggest races with the best drivers in country and costs less than this little race, many ive talked too that were there last year are not going back, the turnout will be down this year
Old 12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default Little Race????

I would hardly consider 350 plus a small race. I think 75 is a fair price when you consider it is no stop racing with 10 min. quals. You more then get your moneys worth. I also think you should take into consideration all the time it takes to put together a race like this and the cost to rent the building and equipment. I know of a lot of people who can not wait for this race and I am one of them. This race is going to be even bigger than last year.

Looking forward to the PSYCHO!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Stang....You know if you personally do not agree then the solution is very easy. Just don't show up to race. I just get bothered when I know organizers put in hard time and effort to bring you a top notch race only to have someone complain about a entry fee.

The way I see it is that if you don;t have $75 for a entry fee then you don't have the funds to be traveling to races in the first place. It's probably a better cause for someone in your situation to stay home and race local for $20. You also have some other races you can travel to and spend less on the entry..some are $40, some $50.

None of those pay the amount that this race does, none of those give ya the same amount of track time, some of those are not indoor so no promise what the weather may do, and many of those only draw about 100 racers.

These guys work real hard on this race. They give ya a nice facility with camping and plenty of pitting, it's indoor, nice payout, prizes, food, more track time by far over most any race I have ever been to. It takes money to put a race like this on. With the amount given back I feel it's worth it.

The better thing to do is give the director a call or email and explain your concern. If your tight on funds maybe you could show up and donate some time(I have done that many times in years past). But it looks bad only on your part to be negative.

Personally I have paid $500 to attend a race. I looked at the experience that I would be given, along with many other things. This may not be the race for you. In only it's first year it brought 350 racers. Give the guys a chance, I feel certain they are not trying to make bank on your money

Good luck and hope to rub wheels with ya!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Dave,

I'm sorry you guys have to deal with stuff like that. I really am. I for one would like to thank you for providing us with a great race and great effort from you and the staff!

I think what slips peoples mind is most things these days have increased in price. With that comes more rent required via the facility owner. Gas has been more, equipment rental is up a great deal, etc....

Makes sense that we see an increase to maintain the same level of an event that you have provided in the past!

I also just looked at the CRCRC race, it's $65. I'm going to that as well and although it's a great event it does not offer some of the things your event does. Even our local tracks charge $20-25 for club racing, regional races are all above $50, etc.

Thanks for what you do!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Alan, I appreciate that.

I can't tell you how many stories I have heard from friends and strangers about last years race. guy's just having fun racing cars together. I was up in the timing booth at, I guess around 3am and there were 20 guy's practicing. Thats what this race is all about. Being with friends, tons of track time, no sleep, wooden ramps, loud music, long qualifiers, great announcing, nice prizes and most of all making memories. I was racing at a local track a couple weeks ago and one guy said that he had never been so tired in his life but that was one of the most fun events he had ever been too. I want everyone to have a good time racing with each other at a killer event. That's all that matters.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

I totally agree with Alan and Nwjones,

If you feel the entry is too much please keep it to yourself. Also put this into perpective:

New set of truggy wheels and tires $75
2 gallons of 30% fuel $75
1 round of golf(if your lucky) $75
Six flags with one kid $75
Dinner with a glass of wine $75

3 days of non stop 1/8 Nitro Action. 350 of the best racers in the US and now Canada, great layout with killer jumps, 3 days of "Guy Time" and racing competition and meeting the coolest and nicest group of guys around.

PRICELESS
Old 12-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

+1 for AB and samos.

AB hows it going man?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leikam
Alright guy's, here is a sneak peak at the first ramp built for the PNB. This one is designed to launch the cars about 10 feet high and I expect the gap to be around 20-30 ft. OH YEA!!!!!

ooooowww i like these ones better lol
Old 12-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is it time to leave yet
Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, just to let you know: We did not make ANY money last year. Only broke even (whew!) This year the rental fee for the facility DOUBLED! That's right, doubled. The increase in the entry fee does not even cover the increase. We also had to purchase ten large electric fans to move the air better than last year......there's another few thousand bucks. We are putting on the best race that we possibly can.....all without anyone of us making any cash. Mark my word....there is no way in hell I would do this for money, cuz there is none. The LOVE is the only motivation.

Come and thrash if you want to have a ton of fun. Stay at home if you want to same some dimes.

Had a great time last year guys. It will be great to see you all real soon.

- Ollie
Old 12-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I love when people say they cant see spending $75.00 on a entry fee. They say its too high. But yet they dont say anything about paying $20.00 and racing for a $4.00 trophy. If you think its too much then stay at home. As a promoter of a track I woundnt want you there anyway. You spend $1500.00 on a rc car and going to complain about a entry fee. Thats unreal. I support Dave and all the others that have a part in this event. I know it will be sucessful. Truth is I would pay more to attend this event. Cant wait.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

+1 this is a great race. last year was way fun and had a blast racing one of the best of the year for me. i know this year is going to be even better. 75.00 i am willing to pay, that price is only because they are trying to make the race even better. so im willing to pay. trust me come out and race spend the money, you will not regret it.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Last year it was cold, tiring, dirty if you pitted in the wrong spot, cold, tiring, smokey, non-stop, did I mention that it was cold? Starting to pack bags now...............wait...........its still 2 months off. Packing anyway. Warm clothes this time.

$75, yep its high. I'll pay. At least throw in a tee shirt and have some raffle prizes this time. And what happened to Monster Truck, did not see it listed?

Ed M.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dave and I, with some additional help and a flatbed trailer, moved some of the new and yet unseen track features over to the arena today. Then we drove back to his house and tried out an new feature that Dave built. We dragged it out onto his driveway and tried it out. NICE! Cannnot wait to see how people deal with this feature. It will be fun. See you all soon.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This race SUCKS!!! I mean you guys go and have 3 days of non-stop fun where i can meet all kinds of cool people who like to race as much if not more than me, only 2 hours from my house and you only do it once a year. B******T i say. When you guys can have a PNB every 3 months then that will really be something. The track is like crack, too addicting to only go once a year. So their now you guys know how we all feel, we want to race and race often. Just kidding about the SUCKS part, i've got my vacation days in and can't wait to get there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.