Wiki Posts
Search

PSYCHO NITRO BLAST II - The Relapse Feb 6-8 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
Sad part is that i did see a baby there and i was thinking that there is know way the dust and exhaust can even be considered good for an infant. How many adults had gas masks/dust masks ?
Agree.

Yeah I wonder what Adam thought about seeing a baby in that environment? I hope he doesn't stereotype us, as a few want to do him, as a bunch of rednecks. Sign a baby? Are you kidding me? I wouldn't have got on a forum and mentioned that.

As far as calling them out for marshaling, I don't know what happened. I think they did a tremendous amount for this event behind the scenes. And if you can tell me who else missed their marshaling, I will listen to you. Otherwise find another forum where somebody cares.

Lutz,
Your new vehicles are awesome. I swear though, you could drive a cardboard box with wheels on it.

Dave and Ollie,

You guys are my new hobby heroes. This event was off the hook. I see now why last week I couldn't wait to get there. Are you guys going to reset the PNB clock on the site? We are about 363 days out. LOL.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

dave, ollie, or someone, can you please post the final pro A main results?? thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkracer24
dave, ollie, or someone, can you please post the final pro A main results?? thanks
There's a link in the PNB post in the Georgia section.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Guys, if you did not even make the race how can you comment on what happened? Bottom line is this, it was a long day, adam and mike put in two solid runs and went back to the room to catch up on sleep, after I ran the third round at 6 am I too went back to join the sleep catching up. All of us found people to corner for us, we explained when, etc. We gave some tires to the help for doing it. My guy was the only one who even showed. Huge thanks to him! The other guys took the tires but never showed up. This exchange happens at races all over the world and usually works out well. If the event needed to put any of the losi team to the rear or penalize then it would have been understood as long as it happened with every other person who did not corner. It was a mistake and nothing more.

Dave, and Crew..you guys did a fantastic job!! I had a great time and will be back!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:23 PM
JJY
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Full results
http://jlapracemanager.com/cgi-bin/J...where=Malphrus
Old 02-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

NM this post. It was answered while I was typing. Thx.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Guys, if you did not even make the race how can you comment on what happened? Bottom line is this, it was a long day, adam and mike put in two solid runs and went back to the room to catch up on sleep, after I ran the third round at 6 am I too went back to join the sleep catching up. All of us found people to corner for us, we explained when, etc. We gave some tires to the help for doing it. My guy was the only one who even showed. Huge thanks to him! The other guys took the tires but never showed up. This exchange happens at races all over the world and usually works out well. If the event needed to put any of the losi team to the rear or penalize then it would have been understood as long as it happened with every other person who did not corner. It was a mistake and nothing more.

Dave, and Crew..you guys did a fantastic job!! I had a great time and will be back!
You could of gave me tires and i would have TM'd for all 3 of you guys
Old 02-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Why do guys get upset when Pro don't TM mostly because they are running both Classes and have to prep there Vehicles. Like Pk said these guys job depends on it. Wow I agreed with PK LOL....You guys go to work at your 9-5 would you change the "coffee pot" because its your turn or meet the big deadline set by the Boss???

I volunteered to Marshall for the Sportsman A main so those guys could rock out in their mains.

You guys want them to Help YOU out when you need it, Say hello and talk to YOU, work on their stuff, Marshall, Sign babies LOL ,and put on an intense showing WOW

Losi Guys are truly class acts
Lutz total class act
Lopez class act
Pettit Class Act
Deagani awesome guy
all the team guys were great to deal with TM or not !!!
Old 02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks to Dave and Ollie for putting the event on Ustream. The video on Saturday wasn't great, but there were over 150 of us logged in watching the scoring monitor and listening to the audio for the later mains.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pinbuster - You are right.... the ustream.com thing really worked well for us. It was awesome to communicate with people all over the place instantly. Sorry I couldn't stay on with you guys for the whole event, but there were other things to do also. Having audio of the announcing, I think, was the best thing. Also the live feed of the racing monitor was good. The live video of the track really gave no valuable info because of the "stop-motion" effect so we changed it to the monitor.

Alan is right.... some peeps are being a bit harsh with their critisizm regarding the pros being absent from marshaling. Yes, both Truhe's and Drake's designated marshals failed to show, but so did another pro's marshal. Stuff happens. All of them had marshals to cover for them, but they failed to show. Degani even had two marshals (just in case I suppose.) We will make sure to have clear rules in the future PNB races regarding this situation. The PNB, because of its tough format, is a harsh race in which to take part, so the need for rules regarding the skipping of a qualifier or not having marshals for the early mains will be addressed.

I hope everyone had a great time this year. The track was much better and held together very well. The much improved ventalation and the much improved dust control increased the comfort and enjoyability of the event to the point that even in the waning moments of the event, smiles were seen everywhere. I think that people also took lessons learned last year regarding the need for sleep. I hope that I was able to have at least a word with each and every one of you all. See you and some of your friends next year.

- Ollie
Old 02-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pinbuster - give me a little feedback on what was good and bad about the ustream.com useage. This will help us out next year.

- ollie
Old 02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Ollie,

Just like you said, the video feed on ustream for rounds 1 and 2 was too choppy to provide much value. You could see the buggies jumping around, but couldn't pick out anything very valuable. Since a few guys had already posted some track video from practice, a static picture on the page of the layout may have been almost as good. The audio for rounds 1 and 2 was pretty low, so we were trying to amplify our computer speakers or laptops to pick out the announcer in the background. I grabbed some good headphones, cranked it up loud, and could make out most of what the announcer was saying over top of the background noise. (I was wrenching for Sunday, and have never been so amped up for a club race. LOL)

Once Dave moved the webcam to show the scoring monitor, the audio got a lot louder, and the video of the scoring monitor was good enough to make out the running order and get a good feel for how the race was going. It wasn't crystal clear, but readable. Since the announcer can't follow all 15 drivers, seeing the scoring monitor worked out much better for me than the track video.

Ustream doesn't look like it will compete with LiveRC coverage, but I really appreciate you just giving us a chance to watch from off site. I'm sure some of those watching will make the trip next year.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ABURTON

I marshalled for Drake in the first main, not because he gave me a set of tires, but because everytime I have asked him a question about my buggy, he has been more than willing to help me out! So he was covered as far as a TM in the first main. Just a little FYI......
Old 02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinbuster
Ollie,

Just like you said, the video feed on ustream for rounds 1 and 2 was too choppy to provide much value. You could see the buggies jumping around, but couldn't pick out anything very valuable. Since a few guys had already posted some track video from practice, a static picture on the page of the layout may have been almost as good. The audio for rounds 1 and 2 was pretty low, so we were trying to amplify our computer speakers or laptops to pick out the announcer in the background. I grabbed some good headphones, cranked it up loud, and could make out most of what the announcer was saying over top of the background noise. (I was wrenching for Sunday, and have never been so amped up for a club race. LOL)

Once Dave moved the webcam to show the scoring monitor, the audio got a lot louder, and the video of the scoring monitor was good enough to make out the running order and get a good feel for how the race was going. It wasn't crystal clear, but readable. Since the announcer can't follow all 15 drivers, seeing the scoring monitor worked out much better for me than the track video.

Ustream doesn't look like it will compete with LiveRC coverage, but I really appreciate you just giving us a chance to watch from off site. I'm sure some of those watching will make the trip next year.
The audio was a little weak. we used it in our pit trailer to keep up with which race/heats and mains was up so we knew when to get ready! and keep up with results!

maybe but dont know if u can do this with ustream but have split screen one on the screen and one on the race! even though the live video was stop-go action still gave people a feel of what the track looked like!

Great race, had a blast this year! was a big diff from last year! Thanks Guys!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

...how come I am totally NOT surprised to hear Adam had a sub corner lined up. He's always the first one out on the track to marshal, and the last one to leave.

This is the second race in a row that someone used the internet to call out a pro because they looked at someone funny, or they thought he said something. More cowboys than the OK Corral out here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.