R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #421
Tech Master

Congrats to Lutz. 2nd place the first time out with the buggy, pretty impressive. Gene Hickerson, 2nd in truggy, that's news too. Good job to the Losi boys. - PK
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #422
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Drake is a class act. I have talked with him at a couple different races and he always takes time to chat.
bcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #423
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
Adam is a good guy and a good corner too. If some lady was elbowing me in pit lane, I would probably look at her funny too. Sometimes the pro guys have a lot on thier mind. It's a job for them too, you know?
+1 on that
Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #424
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I thought PNB was hobby awesome. I hope there are more "pro" drivers there next year. Lutz, Drake and Truhe were all class acts. If they read this, thanks for coming guys. Hope to see you next year.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:30 AM   #425
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just so every one knows i did not create the account with 1 post to talk bad about DRAKE, hell i even got an autograph'd tire from him and spoke to him about getting someone on the team, great guy and he is the name of RC from young to old.
Dave and Ollie, good luck trying to beat this event next year, freakin insane.
Track was in great shape all weekend and was an absolute blast to run on.
Everyone else, thanks for being a part of the fun!!!!
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:00 AM   #426
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
the pro drivers didnt marshall because of the race schedule. 1 hour pro truggy followed by 45min amatuer buggy, then 1 hour pro buggy. back to back to back with no stop in the action.
What people were pissed about was marshalling on Sunday morning for the very first main. If you were in the "pro buggy A" you were supposed to marshall the first main. The last resort round of Pro buggy that many "A" drivers were in finished at about 6:30 AM from what I was told.

So, many drivers including the Losi guys chose to ditch marshalling and sleep in at the hotel rather than coming back a little over an hour later to marshall the first main. It was more than just Mike and Adam, but they seem to get the wrath of discussion. I do agree that if you didn't have a designated marshall and knew you were sleeping in, there should (just my opinion) been some type of penalty applied to those drivers. From what I was told, the Losi drivers skipped third round due to already having 2 good runs and went back to the hotel. You would think they could have been back, but I guess it's all hearsay.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #427
Tech Initiate

I suspect that the dude that posted the bad comments about Adam is either some guy from another team that JUST made an account on here, or he is a douche. Adam is good people.
Asti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #428
Tech Regular

I see Adam at the local track now and again and he is always easy to talk with and helpful, what else can you expect. He is not flamboyant or arrogant just a good easy going guy. If someone asked me to "sign" a baby I would think they were a little off.
Thopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #429
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
I see Adam at the local track now and again and he is always easy to talk with and helpful, what else can you expect. He is not flamboyant or arrogant just a good easy going guy. If someone asked me to "sign" a baby I would think they were a little off.
Sad part is that i did see a baby there and i was thinking that there is know way the dust and exhaust can even be considered good for an infant. How many adults had gas masks/dust masks ?
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #430
Tech Regular

Thats a good point regarding the infant. How are your sinuses after a long day at the track even outdoors?

I have seen more then one person get whacked at RC races, including myself that placed in right place could cause serious harm no place for an infant for sure. I have seen runaways that have been very close to disaster, these "toys" sometimes do not get the respect they should. Most track operators are very careful in these regards.
Thopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #431
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My Z-Car catching some air off of the back kicker
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #432
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://www.z-carusa.com/pics/thumbnails.php?album=2 < bunch more pics, some good quality, some horrible, wife+ new camera= expected results, lol
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #433
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok, It is Monday morning and I have almost recovered from the event. This was my first year @ PNB. I missed last year. I can only hope there will be a PNB in 2010. I had a wonderful time and consider this event a great experience for racers at any level pro or amateur. Thanks to all staff that put this event together. Thanks PNB 09'

I have to speak out on the issues that are being discussed. First off, if you did not attend then do not embellish on hearsay. There was a marshaling problem.
I will just share my take on what went down. The problem seemed to have started during the 3 round early Sunday morning which carried over to the early mains on Sunday morning. I ran in the sportsman buggy and my 3rd round was about 2:30 Sunday Morning. You would see 11-12 racers on the drivers stand then on the next race there would not be enough marshals. I can only assume that peeps would race and then leave. It was the same thing for the early mains on Sunday morning. The number of drivers on stand to number of marshal's in the following race did not match. The sportsman H mains was first on Sunday morn and I noticed that the drivers stand was not full. Maybe some people did not like where they placed and packed up and went home so naturally we were short on marshals. During my main (the Sportsman E main) we were short 5-6 marshalls. This made for a very frustrating race. You could hear it on the drivers stand and in the pits. I did not get upset as I never do. Tempers and RC racing do not mix well. My Pit Man/Girl (love you honey!) was very upset and wound up tight. I told here to calm down whats done is done. I also explained to her that it was my driving (Minus senseless hacks from inexperience drivers) that caused me to rely on marshals. So it was my fault. Not the race director or the racers. I do not see the need to single out any of the pros to bash on this issue. All we can do is take notes to maybe deal with this next year. There has to be a rule/penalty for marshaling. I will say that if you get a sub to marshal for you, it is still the responsibility of the driver to assure there is a marshal in your place. I also was a little let down by the lack of volunteer marshal's. An event this big and we could not fill marshal spots. shame on you. I do not think a race should even start if there are not enough marshals.

Next topic: Food/Drinks
An event like this should at least have coffee/drinks and at the least crackers available 24 hours. This is a no brainer with the schedule and lack of sleep everyone experiences.
It was advertised as:
Full service concessions offering breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I could have set up and sold stale doughnuts and hot chocolate/coffee and made a fortune.

Last topic: Hobby Shops
24 hrs practice + 24 hrs qualifying + straight into the mains = 24 hrs of part sales$$
lets say you run your 3rd qualifier @ 2am and you have breakage then your main starts @8am. You would not even have a chance to see if one of the on site shops had a part you need to be able to run in the mains. I personally came very prepared and did not have to reply on the shops. I did buy some stuff but not out of necessity. I do thank these guys for being open when they were but I think they missed a lot of sales. This could also account for some of the missing marshals (broke in the 3rd round and could not repair before the mains)

I want to close my mini-novel with this:
I had a wonderful time. Which is odd because this event is borderline self-inflicted torture
I want to add big thanks to everyone who worked and planned this event. I came away with a great experience that will pay off as I return to my local track. I have already made plans to attend next year. I gather that this year was close to not happening and only hope that it will continue in 2010.

PS
I have some videos that I will post as soon as I have a chance to process them.

Thanks PNB 09'

Last edited by scwrod; 02-09-2009 at 02:59 PM.
scwrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #434
Tech Addict

PNB was an awesome weekend!! Watching the Pro Mains was just plain Badass!! I've never seen a race with that many Pro drivers. It was all out a great weekend.

I have read some of the posts and I wanted to throw my .02 in here. The LOSI boys were fast as hell, fun to watch and all seemed to be cool. They pitted at the end of the straight-away so they were not hiding and they were easy access to watch or talk too. As far as the marshalling for the first main, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I agree with the statement, "you race, you marshall", but we don't know the circumstances. They may have been told they could sleep in, it could have been an agreement made with the race director etc. So I think it's unfair to call them out on it. The whole 24 hrs of racing thing makes this a unique event, so it seems reasonable to me that this may have been something that was worked out before hand. All in all, the event was better with them there.

Ryan Lutz!!! Just a COOL dude. I want to get a Tamiya now just to support him. LOL He is just a first class guy. I watched him help anyone and everyone. I watched him run out to marshall at 3 am when volunteers were needed. Most of all, he "Wheels the Hell out of his cars". Just amazing to watch.

I wanted to give a congrats to Berry Pettit and his dad for their 3rd place finish in Pro buggy. Berry is just getting faster and faster. He is like a "Lil Lutz". Looks like his little bro. They are just really good people.

Finally, Ollie and Dave!! It is easy to bitch about this or that when you are up for 72hrs, but I can't say a bad thing about these guys. To see them out for 3 days never sitting or resting, always in hurry to take care of a problem or to keep the race going, looking dirty and tired all weekend...I have to give them a huge THANK YOU!!!! They do ALOT of work, for little or no money for this race and all year long prepping for the race. Ollie said he is having major trouble in with his business and he still was 100% focused on this race all weekend which showed me what king of person he is. I have major respect for him and Dave. Dave called great races and it was fun to watch him call the truggy main when Truhe lost an RX pack. With everything going on in this country right now, I owe them a huge cratitude for giving me 3 days of "Hobby Heaven" and to help me step away from all my problems.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE PNB CREW AND EVERYONE THAT HELPED ME ALL WEEKEND AND TO MY GREAT RACING FRIENDS FOR FUN WEEKEND.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #435
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

This was an awesome event. WOW what an experience. I want to thank Dave and Ollie and crew for putting on a great event. Next year I would like to see a taller ramp- to see just how durable that Losi truck is. Two tries has to say something!!!